08-28-2014, 11:35 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Having a jailbroken PS3
Is it possible without a capture card?
Not doing streaming here or whatever and I just want to do RTM more efficiently.
08-29-2014, 04:15 PM #2
The_Gazra
League Champion
Originally posted by idevonic View Post
Having a jailbroken PS3
Not doing streaming here or whatever and I just want to do RTM more efficiently.

Nope there is nothing available from the PS3 to allow this.

You could always do what I do and use a laptop for RTM Winky Winky

The following 2 users say thank you to The_Gazra for this useful post:

BigTrain, idevonic
08-29-2014, 06:05 PM #3
Citadel
Samurai Poster
Having a jailbroken PS3

You need netcheat You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by Gazra View Post

You should learn to shush when you don't 100% know the answer. You can use netcheat Facepalm
08-29-2014, 06:22 PM #4
The_Gazra
League Champion
Originally posted by Citadel View Post
You need netcheat You must login or register to view this content.

You should learn to shush when you don't 100% know the answer. You can use netcheat Facepalm

I am pretty sure it does not.

After reading the official release post it says nothing about that feature.

NetCheat PS3 is a DEX Real Time Editing tool that takes advantage of the ps3tmapi_net.dll that comes with the PRoDG Debugger. This doesn’t come with that dll, so you have to get it yourself and place it in the same directory as NetCheat. NC supports codes (similar to RAW PS2 codes), searching, dumping, memory ranges, and user made plugins. Here is a list of the new stuff since the last release:

Version 4.20 – 4.23: Fixed 1, 2, and 8 byte decimal scanning Fixed Value Between decimal scanning Added changelog to update Added Find Ranges in the Ranges tab Fixed Update bug Fixed Greater, Greater + Equal, Less, Less + Equal, and Value Between scanning Added Pause and Continue Game in the status drop down Added Update ability Version 4.1: Fixed X byte searching only allowing up to 8 bytes Fixed 1 byte searching Fixed 2 byte searching Fixed Value Between Implementations: – Colored status button for connection state – Load and Store search results – Search for X byte alignment (where X is a positive integer) – Search for changed value and unchanged value – Recent memory ranges menu – A few new plugin features – Plugin icons Bug fixes: – Faster searching – Fixed color bug in codes tab – Fixed cheat file having a bunch of extra ‘/n’ – Fixed labels in codes beginning with “//” disappearing

Plugins:
Plugins are just User Controls compiled into a dll that NetCheat puts on a form and utilizes. It has the ability to read from, write to, and constantly write to the memory. It also has a few functions that may be useful for certain situations.

Creating a plugin is fairly easy and here is a video I made to help:
You should also look at the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 plugin for help (now added in .rar as of v4).
Memory Ranges:
Each game uses different regions of the memory so, for full optimization, it is best to document these regions. As far as I know the only way to do this is to go through the memory in the Debugger and find the regions with a ton of 0xD’s.
Pad format (jokers):
JokerThat PS3 outputs only one way: ab00cd. Some games have different formats, and others a different order. For now, if your game has its pad format something like 00abcd, then you will have to change the order yourself. Sorry.

The format and codetypes are better explained in the Code types.txt.
In fact I’m not going to explain it at all since you can just read that text file.
Keep in mind jokers have to be constantly written to work.
Searching:
Searching (scanning) has the ability to store all the results in a listview so that you can search again (Next Scan) through those results for an updated value. You can then delete, refresh, and copy those results.
NetCheat PS3 also supports dumping. Unlike the debugger, you can dump outside of the game’s memory without error.

If you want to search for something and the number of results slows the search down exponentially, then you can use CompDump and dumps to find differences. Then with the outputted results from CompDump you can convert and load it into NC’s search results list view by using the Conversion plugin. In the plugin there is an empty text box at the bottom with a browse button next to it. Direct the file browser to the outputted CompDump results (leave the dump.txt below the same unless you want to load it up via the Load Scan Results button) and click Start. Once it is done, go to the search tab, click on the search results list view, and press Ctrl-R to load them into the list view and you are good to go.
This allows the initial scanning of 0 without displaying 10 billion results (good for timers).

Refreshing:
There are two ways that you can refresh the results. One is to refresh each item by getting the values from the PS3. The other is to update the values by getting them from the dump.txt. For the most part you will only need to refresh the results from the PS3 (hence the big button to refresh from the PS3). The only use I know of for the refresh from dump.txt is for the CompDump search result import.

Scan comparison types:
Equal Not Equal Less Than Less Than Or Equal Greater Than Greater Than Or Equal Value Between — Next Scan Only — Increased By Decreased By Changed Value Unchanged Value

Scan value types:
1 byte 2 bytes 4 bytes 8 bytes X bytes Text (String)

Credits:
Written by Dnawrkshp
Concept by Veritassdg / Renton
Help from Badger41

================================================== ===

Updated to version 4.23. The ones between 4.1 and 4.23 were private updates.

I’ve added the ability to check for new NetCheat updates on start-up and manually at will. This should hopefully be more convenient for everyone. Thanks to my friend ORCXodus for letting me host the update files on his site (You must login or register to view this content.). I’ve also added a function to find the memory regions automatically. Keep in mind everything in the C0000000 region should not be touched and everything in the D0000000 region (stack) should not be touched either.

All of the updates from version 4.1 to version 4.23:

Fixed 1, 2, and 8 byte decimal scanning
Fixed Value Between decimal scanning
Added changelog to update
Added Find Ranges in the Ranges tab
Fixed Update bug
Fixed Greater, Greater + Equal, Less, Less + Equal, and Value Between scanning
Added Pause and Continue Game in the status drop down
Added Update ability

So unless I am mistaken that only takes a "Snap shot" which is what CFW does now anyways?

If I am wrong then I will admit it but then why are these 2 videos not using the feature but Capture Card footage?

08-30-2014, 06:03 AM #5
Originally posted by Gazra View Post

argh, I don't have a laptop to so that but I have a macbook
08-30-2014, 08:28 AM #6
The_Gazra
League Champion
argh, I don't have a laptop to so that but I have a macbook

That's always fine you could use a MacBook and use a VM if needs be.

So that is not really a problem so to speak.

Hopefully you will be able to get something working that is comfortable for yourself.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo