11-23-2014, 12:08 AM #1
dropbozza
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Issue
If I press the power button, nothing happens...
I have to unplug the PS3 from the power source to get it working again and turned it on.

Overview
I have two PS3s, one which is a normal, original piece of kit. The other one is a jailbroken PS3.
But it always turns off. There are a couple of reason why this might be happening.
It could be thermal paste, power supply unit or its bricked because of bad spoofing...
You could say I'm new to modding, and you can't be more right.

English isn't my first language, so if there anything you need to clean up on, give a response.

Spoofing
I was on 4.55 Rogero CEX which was spoofed on 4.60. I disabled it and removed it from my PS3.
When It asked me if I should HARD reboot or SOFT reboot, I went with the HARD reboot.
And someone said it's because of that this is happening. This is a very good reason.
Spoof I have now and had before (Same Author):
You must login or register to view this content.

Power Supply Unit (PSU)
I don't have the original PSU, and after looking a bit on the internet on issues, I came to a conclusion.
This PSU I have now, it's pretty crap, without even a brand. In the tests I did, I got results if it's this of not.

Thermal Paste
When I got my PS3 it worked perfectly.
It was after about 3-5 months after the purchase and jailbreak, this happened.
I got my PS3 from Ebay. From this dude, check out the whole Ebay page for reference!
Unfortunately this also ties in perfectly with the Spoofing error date which more seems more like the problem.

Test Results
Treat this as a time line for more understandable usage!
From another post, I grabbed this info:
"Temperature 71C and RSX temperature 74C." - Max
"Temperature 62C and RSX temperature 63C." - Mid

TURNING ON PS3 FROM 2 DAYS!

Normal Session
(No hacks turned on but temp checks)
Game = MW3 // Playing Matches
10mins = 57/58 Celsius
15mins = DEAD

XMB Session
Game = XMB // Main Screen
1min = 59/57 Celsius
2mins = DEAD

GIVING PS3 TIME TO COOL DOWN!

XMB Session w/ other power cord
6min = 55/54 Celsius
10mins = 57/58 Celsius
13mins = DEAD

XMB Session
(REMOVED THE SPOOF HOW IT SHOULD BE)
(GIVING IT A SOFT REBOOT)
I have disabled the spoof from the package. The PS3 said it's on Rogero 4.55!
Which is the Rogero I first had installed on it! And turned the PS3 off as soon I was done.

Around 4-6mins finish time of the spoof removal.

XMB Session after spoof removal!
(REMOVED THE SPOOF/now on 4.55 Rogero)
Game = MW3 // Playing Matches
I have turned on the PS3 and waited for the shutdown.
6mins = DEAD

Recovery Mode
(It still auto-shuts down, even in recovery mode.)
I was in recovery mode doing nothing.
15mins = DEAD

System Update
(I went intro recovery mode and "system update"ed my rogero 4.55)
(This is an update, not a complete reinstall of the system though.)
Still nothing, same problem
(managed to pull a whole system update)and after 1mins in XMB = DEAD

Conclusion
I have no clue. What do you think...?
We know for sure it's not PSU so either Thermal Paste or the Spoofing error.
If you know how to fix the spoofing error, please let me know.
I'll be replacing the Thermal Paste if someone think that's the problem and give me a good reason behide it.
If you need any other resources or questions answered please give a response.
Last edited by dropbozza ; 11-29-2014 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Cleaned up on some stuff and adding more info.
11-23-2014, 02:49 AM #2
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Try this
11-23-2014, 02:49 AM #3
bmob10189
At least I can fight
^^^^^^^^
Originally posted by bmob10189 View Post
Try this

I had this happen to me when I disabled a spoof n this was how I fixed it
11-23-2014, 03:01 AM #4
Cesei
Banned
You may need to reflow/reball your RSX chip like mine. This is of course going to be your last option if anything else you try doesn't seem to work.

Also if you can please provide a video so we can get a better understanding of the issue.

Edit: Ignore above I think I misunderstood your thread if not let me know.
Last edited by Cesei ; 11-23-2014 at 03:10 AM.
11-23-2014, 10:34 AM #5
dropbozza
Save Point
I got a reply from a Admin on the Arch team.
This is what I said : "after desactivating the 4.60 spoof, I clicked HARD reboot instead of SOFT reboot. Now my ps3 turns off randomly."
This is what he said : "I see no major problem in your message. Just reinstall your CFW by the Recovery mode and thats it."
I don't know how to do that, can someone give me a link on how to? That would be nice!
11-23-2014, 10:41 AM #6
dropbozza
Save Point
I have an elgato but you want me to record the game or the ps3?
11-23-2014, 11:18 AM #7
Fatpabs
Gym leader
This also happened to me a few weeks ago. Somehow it was after installing Sen Enabler then days later my PS3 started turning off by itself with the red blinking light and no warning about overheating(thermal paste was already changed a week before this started happening).

I opened the PS3 and made sure that it was clean and changed the thermal paste again. I booted it up and again it turned off a few minutes later while checking the temp. My temp always around 68-75(not sure if this is normal or not) but yeah.

It has a week already without turning off but something tells me that it was probably the sen enabler spoofer or my PS3 Internal Hard-drive full of dust since it is outside of the PS3 and not inside.
Last edited by Fatpabs ; 11-23-2014 at 11:21 AM.
11-23-2014, 11:29 AM #8
dropbozza
Save Point
After my ps3 turns off, I have no red light, I have to unplug my ps3 from the power source and plug it back in to see the red light, so I can turn it on. "made sure that it was clean and changed the thermal paste" should I do that? BTW I never opened a ps3 in my life. I can get someone to do change the thermal paste. I'll clean the inside of the ps3 as soon as I can.
11-23-2014, 11:34 AM #9
Fatpabs
Gym leader
Originally posted by dropbozza View Post
After my ps3 turns off, I have no red light, I have to unplug my ps3 from the power source and plug it back in to see the red light, so I can turn it on. "made sure that it was clean and changed the thermal paste" should I do that? BTW I never opened a ps3 in my life. I can get someone to do change the thermal paste. I'll clean the inside of the ps3 as soon as I can.

Yeah try it. It's easy even the thermal paste by doing the dot spread method. Watch a video on YouTube before doing so and make sure to remember where everything goes when putting the ps3 back. Also clean your ps3 hard drive. If the problem continue just reinstall the same firmware you're using.
Last edited by Fatpabs ; 11-23-2014 at 11:37 AM.
11-27-2014, 07:26 PM #10
dropbozza
Save Point
I was just checking if I still get shut down on recovery mode... and it looks like I do... How should I go about reinstalling the CFW? Is there anything I need to watch out for while I have this ticking bomb in my ps3?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo