03-05-2015, 11:32 PM #1
RTE
Keep it real!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Hello NGU! Today I'll be showing you how you could prevent from people getting your IP using Skype Resolvers. Follow the tutorial below Smile

Step by step

1. Open Skype
  2. Click on Tools, then on Options You must login or register to view this content.
  3. Press Advanced, then Connection You must login or register to view this content.
  4. Now, fill in your settings as I have done. It must be the same settings. You must login or register to view this content.
  5. Now your Skype should be protected from Skype Resolvers!

Extra Tips
1. Always make sure you have checked the box that says:

Only allow people in my Contact list to call me.

This way, random people can't sniff your IP.

You can find this setting by going to;

Option --> Calls --> Call Settings --> Check the box.

2. Never ever click any links if you don't trust the source.

Even if it says .jpg or looks like a Facebook link. These can be IP grabbers;

"An IP grabber is a program/site that will find the IP address of another computer. Often used by hackers."

It takes 15 seconds to set one up and one click from you and they have your IP. (Good luck getting back online)

3. Never add random people on Skype, I mean if you are a high target, you can just simply just deny all requests, and ask for PM verification on HF, just to make sure who you are talking to.

Now you ask, why not add these random people.

Well, they might sniff your IP, and by you accepting these request you are basically hitting yourself down.

4. If you really have a security issue and this wont help you at all, just use a web based version of Skype IM.

The following 6 users say thank you to RTE for this useful post:

Alt, AveroBinary, Cryptic, kciN, ResistThePizza, Stunz
03-06-2015, 02:18 AM #2
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
This 100% secure though? Thought fgts could still get through this, although for some of us, it doesn't matter anymore...so...

Also MFW I see this was C&P'd from HF. xD :lol: Read your post VERY carefully man. Winky Winky
Last edited by Cryptic ; 03-06-2015 at 02:20 AM.

The following user thanked Cryptic for this useful post:

Winter
03-06-2015, 12:27 PM #3
Stunz
Former Staff
Originally posted by ResistTheEarth View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

Hello NGU! Today I'll be showing you how you could prevent from people getting your IP using Skype Resolvers. Follow the tutorial below Smile

Step by step

1. Open Skype
  2. Click on Tools, then on Options You must login or register to view this content.
  3. Press Advanced, then Connection You must login or register to view this content.
  4. Now, fill in your settings as I have done. It must be the same settings. You must login or register to view this content.
  5. Now your Skype should be protected from Skype Resolvers!

Extra Tips
1. Always make sure you have checked the box that says:

Only allow people in my Contact list to call me.

This way, random people can't sniff your IP.

You can find this setting by going to;

Option --> Calls --> Call Settings --> Check the box.

2. Never ever click any links if you don't trust the source.

Even if it says .jpg or looks like a Facebook link. These can be IP grabbers;

"An IP grabber is a program/site that will find the IP address of another computer. Often used by hackers."

It takes 15 seconds to set one up and one click from you and they have your IP. (Good luck getting back online)

3. Never add random people on Skype, I mean if you are a high target, you can just simply just deny all requests, and ask for PM verification on HF, just to make sure who you are talking to.

Now you ask, why not add these random people.

Well, they might sniff your IP, and by you accepting these request you are basically hitting yourself down.

4. If you really have a security issue and this wont help you at all, just use a web based version of Skype IM.
Good shit bro.
03-06-2015, 01:48 PM #4
AveroBinary
Do a barrel roll!
Knew this already, did this for months now. Before all the kids on facebook (where I mainly sell my PS3 recovery services) tried to (D)DoS me with their insane booters, now they are like "fukin heker where u ip?". Pretty funny lol
03-06-2015, 01:50 PM #5
Alt
Banned
Good thing to have. Going to set mine up now, thanks man!
03-07-2015, 12:33 AM #6
**cough**Stick this**cough**

:whistle:
03-07-2015, 08:07 AM #7
lol sadly this doesn't work....ive even installed my skype while on a vpn checked that box an my ip still shows on every resolver
03-09-2015, 03:46 PM #8
Tyler
NumberBIGBABY Woot
Originally posted by NoTeZ View Post
lol sadly this doesn't work....ive even installed my skype while on a vpn checked that box an my ip still shows on every resolver

It does work. Found out that some resolvers display the last known IP Address, not sure if this is through a Skype API or if it is directly from the website you are using.
I tried resolving myself after this method and some websites will say invalid ip or could not find, while others will say my VPNs ip address even though I am not connected to it at the moment, I figure the 2nd idea might be correct. If someone could confirm this who would have a little more knowledge, that'd be great!

If I am right about the 2nd idea than I suggest going on a VPN, resolving yourself on those sites, then check off the check boxes in the Skype settings. (If you try this, let us know how it works)
03-09-2015, 11:39 PM #9
Originally posted by Tyler View Post
It does work. Found out that some resolvers display the last known IP Address, not sure if this is through a Skype API or if it is directly from the website you are using.
I tried resolving myself after this method and some websites will say invalid ip or could not find, while others will say my VPNs ip address even though I am not connected to it at the moment, I figure the 2nd idea might be correct. If someone could confirm this who would have a little more knowledge, that'd be great!

If I am right about the 2nd idea than I suggest going on a VPN, resolving yourself on those sites, then check off the check boxes in the Skype settings. (If you try this, let us know how it works)

lol well idk then my ip has changed 3times an ive been on a vpn for 6months..an it always gets my new real ip so meh

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo