02-27-2015, 05:36 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, I have a 80GB Jailbroken Habib 4.66 PS3. I noticed that I dont have enough space to fit my needs and decided to get an upgrade. Now I'm unsure how to do this, I've googled but no tutorials or help for CFW although.

I was hoping if I could get some help from NGU! Smile
So I need to upgrade the HDD of my console, without losing the Firmware (Habib), my games, my dlc etc. How would I do this?

Thanks in advance!
02-27-2015, 05:37 PM #2
xProvXKiller
Climbing up the ladder
i recommend going to 3.55 first then install the hardrive and install 3.55 again then update to habbib thats what i do
02-27-2015, 05:54 PM #3
Originally posted by xProvXKiller View Post
i recommend going to 3.55 first then install the hardrive and install 3.55 again then update to habbib thats what i do

I'd like to keep my CFW and all the tools included in it, and all my games, dlc etc. so isn't there a way to move the old data to the new one? Without losing a thing.
02-27-2015, 06:45 PM #4
Anyone else with a possible solution? I really need to install some games :(
02-27-2015, 06:51 PM #5
JokerRey
League Champion
Originally posted by GlitchSack View Post

I recommend buying a very large external hard drive!
Plug it in and you're good to go!
Much less work involved and saves you the trouble of losing data =D

You can get a good 1 TB or 2 TB external hard drive on ebay or anywhere really! :yes:
02-27-2015, 06:55 PM #6

The solution is as simple as get your habib cfw on usb like normal take out your old hdd and insert your new hdd and when it asks you to update you will be installing the habib then your back to normal with a bigger hdd.
02-27-2015, 07:08 PM #7
Originally posted by PPx7 View Post
The solution is as simple as get your habib cfw on usb like normal take out your old hdd and insert your new hdd and when it asks you to update you will be installing the habib then your back to normal with a bigger hdd.

But after I put the new HDD in, I will lose all my files right? Games, DLC, Homebrew, etc.?
Thanks for the information, but I need also a solution to keep all my data in the console. Like is there a way to put the files in an external HDD, then when new HDD is in, I somehow get the data from the external to the HDD inside the PS3?
02-27-2015, 07:10 PM #8
you could try to make a backup onto a usb of everything on your ps3, but homebrew n such is a simple install.
02-27-2015, 07:12 PM #9
Originally posted by JokerRey View Post
I recommend buying a very large external hard drive!
Plug it in and you're good to go!
Much less work involved and saves you the trouble of losing data =D

You can get a good 1 TB or 2 TB external hard drive on ebay or anywhere really! :yes:

Oh sorry, I missed your post! This is a good idea, but I've read somewhere that games cannot be installed on externals, only like photos, videos, music etc? Not like DLC or games? Right?
02-27-2015, 07:15 PM #10
JokerRey
League Champion
Oh sorry, I missed your post! This is a good idea, but I've read somewhere that games cannot be installed on externals, only like photos, videos, music etc? Not like DLC or games? Right?

No, you can install Multiman games on an external Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo