09-11-2016, 01:59 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hell NGU, today I release a smaller gamemode that I have been holding on to known as "Lines of Influence"
This gamemode is a guessing game. Every round, there is a person known as the "selector" this person has 10 seconds and high speed to select a place known as the "common point".When the 10 second timer is up, the position of the selector becomes this common point. Others in the game have 10 seconds and 2 distance HUD updates to find this position and to get as close as possible to it.
The average of everyone's distance are added up and those who are more than the average distance from the common point become eliminated and will have to wait for the next round.This keeps going until there is a single player who is left not eliminated. That player gains a win and becomes the next runner.The game ends when a player reaches the win limit and wins the game.

You can set the wins to win the game in the source code. Look at the init() function, the variable is marked. If you want to play this online, forcehost is automatically enabled by spawning in as host with the mode is injected.There are 3 downloads, the source, then two compiled links. The two compiled links are slight variations of the mode optimized for different amount of players.

Regarding game setup:
Most modes and all maps work with the gamemode but I am only providing support if the mode is hosted in FFA or TDM on nonDLC maps.

Note: For gamemode launcher makers, this mode is "gamemode launcher" friendly as the functions and variable names are all prefixed with "loi"

Downloads:
Compiled/GSCR - Settings tweaked for 8 + players (Between the two compiled versions, only a single variable is changed)
You must login or register to view this content.
Compiled/GSCR - Settings tweaked for 8 - 3 players
Full Source

Known bugs:
1) If the Selector leaves the game, the game mode stops working.

Credits:
Shark: Base HUD functions
HiddenHour: General testing / Refining HUD functions

I do not want to see this posted on other forums with out my consent [Some one did this with my Hell's Treadmill Post].

Regarding future releases: [Still more goodies from me to come]
Due for release sometime in October. My follow up to my Hell's Treadmill gamemode known as "Burma Bridge" will mix team coordination, parkour and some good old COD FPS action into a team thriller mode. Teams will work attempt to get teammates across a perilous gap on the ever shifting bridge created and constantly adjusted by teammates. Anyone interested in testing pre-release builds should pm me or comment on any of my release threads. New original content is still being made, be the first to experience it. Note: Brain required to play this mode.
Last edited by Nothingbutbread ; 09-24-2016 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Updated Bug list

The following 6 users say thank you to Nothingbutbread for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, BlueeHasSwag, H-A-X-O, HiddenHour, Saber_JZY, SBurmasS
09-11-2016, 04:21 AM #2
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by Nothingbutbread View Post
Hell NGU, today I release a smaller gamemode that I have been holding on to known as "Lines of Influence"
I was hesitant to post this but I figured why not? Its my hard work. Should this gamemode get bad rep, I will remove it with out a word.

This gamemode is a guessing game. Every round, there is a person known as the "selector" this person has 10 seconds and high speed to select a place known as the "common point".When the 10 second timer is up, the position of the selector becomes this starting point. Others in the game have 10 seconds and 2 distance HUD updates to find this position and to get as close as possible to it.
The average of everyone's distance are added up and those who are more than the average distance from the common point become eliminated and will have to wait for the next round.This keeps going until there is a single player who is left not eliminated. That player gains a win and becomes the next runner.The game ends when a player reaches the win limit and wins the game.

You can set the wins to win the game in the source code. Look at the init() function, the variable is marked. If you want to play this online, forcehost is automatically enabled by spawning in as host with the mode injected.There are 3 downloads, the source, then two compiled links. The two compiled links are slight variations of the mode optimized for different amount of players.

Regarding game setup:
Most modes and all maps work with the gamemode but I am only providing support if the mode is hosted in FFA or TDM on nonDLC maps.

Note: For gamemode launcher makers, this mode is "gamemode launcher" friendly as the functions and variable names are all prefixed with "loi"

Downloads:
Compiled/GSCR - Settings tweaked for 8 + players (Between the two compiled versions, only a single varraible is changed)
Compiled/GSCR - Settings tweaked for 8 - 3 players
Full Source

Known bugs:
1) None Happy

Credits:
Shark: Base HUD functions
HiddenHour: General testing / Refineing HUD functions

I do not want to see this posted on other forums with out my consent [Some one did this with my Hell's Treadmill Post].

Regarding future releases:
I have another [Much larger] gamemode that has been progressing nicely known as "Burma Bridge". It has reached beta and I have been looking for people are willing to cooperate with other teammates to test the gamemode so I can have a quality release with out many bugs. Due to issues with the people in my testing games lacking a brain, this has become problematic due to the mode requiring some team coordination in order to play. As a result this has caused delays. Any help would be nice. PM if you're interested.

'Awesome faceue to issues with the people in my testing games lacking a brain' - It's the COD Modding community; Expect lack of common sense and/or higher intelligence, and develop with such expectations in mind

The following user thanked anthonything for this useful post:

OfficialCoolJay
09-11-2016, 05:24 AM #3
Originally posted by anthonything View Post
'Awesome faceue to issues with the people in my testing games lacking a brain' - It's the COD Modding community; Expect lack of common sense and/or higher intelligence, and develop with such expectations in mind

It was a problem I saw coming from the get go of that project. Crossing the literary required line allows for a developer to give new exciting concepts a try.
09-11-2016, 08:19 AM #4
anthonything
Space Ninja
Originally posted by Nothingbutbread View Post
It was a problem I saw coming from the get go of that project. Crossing the literary required line allows for a developer to give new exciting concepts a try.

Unfortunately, you may end up with a smaller audience at release because of it, but it is worth pursuing nonetheless. I like to stagger more complicated releases with smaller, less intricate projects for that lower level of consumer
09-11-2016, 03:06 PM #5
Originally posted by anthonything View Post
Unfortunately, you may end up with a smaller audience at release because of it, but it is worth pursuing nonetheless. I like to stagger more complicated releases with smaller, less intricate projects for that lower level of consumer

Audience size doesn't bother me, if it did, I would have quit the black ops 2 modding scene long ago.
09-11-2016, 03:06 PM #6
Nice Bread Smile

The following user thanked BlueeHasSwag for this useful post:

Nothingbutbread
09-11-2016, 11:15 PM #7
Saber_JZY
Bounty hunter
Nice release,using this now Smile

The following user thanked Saber_JZY for this useful post:

Nothingbutbread
09-11-2016, 11:46 PM #8
Patrick