Rooting Samsung s7 edge. - NextGenUpdate
THREAD: Rooting Samsung s7 edge.
  1. 11-18-2016, 02:15 PM
    #1
    SToNeRx's Avatar
    SToNeRx
    Gobble
    SToNeRx's Avatar
    SToNeRx
    Gobble
    1
    Posts
    30
    Reputation
    Nov 2016
    NextGenUpdate
    Sponsored Links

    Iv'e been looking at it on YouTube for some time now but I don't want to follow there steps in case it bricks my phone, I've been jailbreaking iPhones my whole life but never an android phone. If you know a way that will NOT brick my phone please private message me. Thank you😊.
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to SToNeRx For This Useful Post:


  4. 03-12-2017, 11:12 PM
    #2
    754
    Posts
    1,781
    Reputation
    Jan 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by SToNeRx View Post
    Iv'e been looking at it on YouTube for some time now but I don't want to follow there steps in case it bricks my phone, I've been jailbreaking iPhones my whole life but never an android phone. If you know a way that will NOT brick my phone please private message me. Thank you��.
    i just did it with out bricking i know a good tutorial but before you do download samsung smartswitch and back it up
  5. 03-17-2017, 10:11 AM
    #3
    iTruceFret's Avatar
    iTruceFret
    From now on, call me DRAGON.
    iTruceFret's Avatar
    iTruceFret
    From now on, call me DRAGON.
    3,625
    Posts
    19,302
    Reputation
    Jan 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    It's not called jailbreaking on an Android device, so please refrain from that. It's notated as Rooting. Also, most YouTube videos are fake, to get you to fill out some bullshit survey for the user to get money. Most Android devices are rootable, other than Verizon phones. Those seem to be the asshole within the Android dev community. :y:
  6. 03-19-2017, 11:59 AM
    #4
    TehMerkMods's Avatar
    TehMerkMods
    Iím too L33T
    TehMerkMods's Avatar
    TehMerkMods
    Iím too L33T
    1,362
    Posts
    14,302
    Reputation
    Jun 2014
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by iTruceFret View Post
    It's not called jailbreaking on an Android device, so please refrain from that. It's notated as Rooting. Also, most YouTube videos are fake, to get you to fill out some bullshit survey for the user to get money. Most Android devices are rootable, other than Verizon phones. Those seem to be the asshole within the Android dev community. :y:
    Originally Posted by xXGRIM_REAPERXx View Post
    i just did it with out bricking i know a good tutorial but before you do download samsung smartswitch and back it up
    Originally Posted by SToNeRx View Post
    Iv'e been looking at it on YouTube for some time now but I don't want to follow there steps in case it bricks my phone, I've been jailbreaking iPhones my whole life but never an android phone. If you know a way that will NOT brick my phone please private message me. Thank you******************.
    I've done this easily. Over and over I can share the files if you need? Are you SM-G935F?
    Regardless get smart switch PC and if you fail you can install the stock version of your phone anyways.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    These files are TWRP, AutoRoot and Odin.
    Install by doing this:

    Put phone into download mode,
    Plug into PC, Press AP And click CF-Auto-Root-hero2lte-hero2ltexx-smg935f.tar
    Untick AutoReboot.
    Again press AP and hit twrp-3.0.2-4-hero2lte.img
    once done reboot your phone (Hold power and volume down)[This takes a few seconds 7-8s]
    When you see the screen turn off hold Power+Home+Volume up and you should boot into TWRP then from here you need to wipe the device and flash stuff like SuperSU and noencrypt.zip

    You can get these files from youtube(I Don't have these on my pc)


    Two perfect tutorials





    Top video is without losing data and bottom one is no losing data.
    Last edited by TehMerkMods; 03-19-2017 at 12:08 PM.

  7. 03-19-2017, 10:56 PM
    #5
    754
    Posts
    1,781
    Reputation
    Jan 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by TehMerkMods View Post
    I've done this easily. Over and over I can share the files if you need? Are you SM-G935F?
    Regardless get smart switch PC and if you fail you can install the stock version of your phone anyways.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    These files are TWRP, AutoRoot and Odin.
    Install by doing this:

    Put phone into download mode,
    Plug into PC, Press AP And click CF-Auto-Root-hero2lte-hero2ltexx-smg935f.tar
    Untick AutoReboot.
    Again press AP and hit twrp-3.0.2-4-hero2lte.img
    once done reboot your phone (Hold power and volume down)[This takes a few seconds 7-8s]
    When you see the screen turn off hold Power+Home+Volume up and you should boot into TWRP then from here you need to wipe the device and flash stuff like SuperSU and noencrypt.zip

    You can get these files from youtube(I Don't have these on my pc)


    Two perfect tutorials





    Top video is without losing data and bottom one is no losing data.
    exact method i would of shown him...
  8. 03-22-2017, 10:38 PM
    #6
    42
    Posts
    246
    Reputation
    Mar 2015
    NextGenUpdate
    The Best site for all Rooting/Andriod Software modifications is XDA developers
    Tells you all the benefits of rooting and installing Custom Roms and etc
  9. The Following User Says Thank You to TaskoModz For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •