Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 Last
THREAD: Official Account Deletion Request Thread
  1. 08-31-2016, 12:33 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    I should have added this earlier, but if you are looking to have your account deleted, please post in here and we will take care of it. Currently many have been e-mailing us, and that works too, but this is a sure thing. Thank you for your time as a member of NextGenUpdate!

-- Edit by MEGALELZ --

Please understand that when your account is deleted, it is gone. It's not just deactivated, it is gone. You will never be able to get your account back. If you feel like you may use it again in the future, do not post here to get it deleted, because it will be gone. Only post here if you never want to come back via your current account.
    Last edited by MEGALELZ; 09-12-2016 at 11:07 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

, , , ,

3. 08-31-2016, 03:33 PM
    Gambler
    Former Mod
    Gambler
    Former Mod
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    I should have added this earlier, but if you are looking to have your account deleted, please post in here and we will take care of it. Currently many have been e-mailing us, and that works too, but this is a sure thing. Thank you for your time as a member of NextGenUpdate!
    Allowing deletion of accounts should have been an option for a long time now. But not through staff, more having an option in the user cp to close account. Just my idea, because you'll get these requests by attention seekers.
  4. 08-31-2016, 04:09 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    Allowing deletion of accounts should have been an option for a long time now. But not through staff, more having an option in the user cp to close account. Just my idea, because you'll get these requests by attention seekers.
    Perhaps we should have it as an option, it's not built into vB but it probably wouldn't be a huge job. Either way, most the accounts I ever have to delete is 0 posters, but I understand why people want to clear their names, we'll see about something in the control panel but for now this is the best option
  5. 08-31-2016, 04:57 PM
    Gambler
    Former Mod
    Gambler
    Former Mod
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    Perhaps we should have it as an option, it's not built into vB but it probably wouldn't be a huge job. Either way, most the accounts I ever have to delete is 0 posters, but I understand why people want to clear their names, we'll see about something in the control panel but for now this is the best option
    Yeah I wasn't expecting that to already be an option. But it does make more sense.
  6. 08-31-2016, 07:11 PM
    n/a
    NextGenUpdate
    Hi I would like to have my account deleted. I saw this account show up in a data breach today that happened awhile ago. Trying to avoid future headache. Thank you.
    Last edited by Suddengun007; 08-31-2016 at 09:30 PM.

7. 08-31-2016, 11:15 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    We've always kind of done it (with valid reasoning of course), it just wasn't something we advertised. I like your idea of having an option to do it yourself but it just doesn't seem safe if someone gets into your account and just deletes all your shit with a click of a button. If we did that, I'd probably setup some failsafe password when you try to do it and maybe some sort of IP check on top of that.
  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tustin For This Useful Post:

9. 08-31-2016, 11:32 PM
    Geo
    Holder of NGU secrets...
    Geo
    Holder of NGU secrets...
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Tustin View Post
    We've always kind of done it (with valid reasoning of course), it just wasn't something we advertised. I like your idea of having an option to do it yourself but it just doesn't seem safe if someone gets into your account and just deletes all your shit with a click of a button. If we did that, I'd probably setup some failsafe password when you try to do it and maybe some sort of IP check on top of that.
    I always did it upon request and was lenient on reasoning simply because its always been permitted upon request under our ToS, which a lot of people don't read which is why its so minimal.
  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Geo For This Useful Post:

11. 09-01-2016, 02:23 PM
    MEGALELZ
    Senior Management
    MEGALELZ
    Senior Management
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Tustin View Post
    Account deactivation sounds like a better idea than deletion. Just hide their profile like it's deleted, and when they log in it reactives it. Then just put "if you wish to have your account completely deleted, please contact "so on'". Kind of removes the whoel point of what we wanting to do, but least it gives them the ability to hide their account like it's been deleted. Orrrrrr

Do what twitter does, and have it take 30 days to delete in the chance that you have been hacked - or a week or two.

Option two sounds better actually.
  12. 09-03-2016, 12:43 AM
    n/a
    NextGenUpdate
    Hi, I don't use the forums anymore I would like my account deleted. Thanks in advance!
  13. 09-05-2016, 09:22 AM
    whisNL
    whisNL
    n/a
    NextGenUpdate
    I'm not active on here anymore, can my account be deleted? Thanks!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 Last