THREAD: Official Site Groups
  1. 10-21-2016, 08:15 PM
    Passion
    Banned
    Passion
    Banned
    NextGenUpdate
    Site Groups

This is on hackforums and every other MyBB wannabe hf/gaming forum, it would be pretty sick to bring this on NGU aswell. A group can be purchased($100-$200) and people that own a group have their own group userbar, usertitle, username colour, and their own section for group members.

It would be pretty slick to own a group, i'd definitely*purchase one.
  2. 10-22-2016, 02:43 AM
    Hydrogen
    H20 Formula
    Hydrogen
    H20 Formula
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Passion View Post
    Site Groups

This is on hackforums and every other MyBB wannabe hf/gaming forum, it would be pretty sick to bring this on NGU aswell. A group can be purchased($100-$200) and people that own a group have their own group userbar, usertitle, username colour, and their own section for group members.

I've seen this on other forums as well, and would look nice, but shit.. 100-200$? Plus in my opinion I did some quick thinking. This can be bad, and can be good at the same time. Let me break this down with pros and cons.

PROS

First off, I have brought this up, and many admins told me they were thinking on what to put there for a while. IF they ever did your suggestion with usergroups. We could remove this "NextGenUpdate" from our layerout, and add the name of our usergroup there which you can view here:

You must register to view this content.

In addition, the website can really benefit more from income + more bandwidth; depending on how much this usergroup would cost. (Maybe) Only Premium/Staff Members could make their own Usergroups, but for the sake of money, might as well just sell it separately for an amount of cash so Usergroups can actually be UNIQUE, and not be bought from Credits, nor free for staff/premium.

Continued, for usergroups, we could have our very own Usergroup "Enzo-F" logo/small img of our usergroup on our profiles:

This would be a nice touch, basically a "Forum Clan" to break it down from Usergroups. I actually like your idea Passion, but here's soon cons for this.

CONS

We have the site already formatted in layers of abstraction:

1. Guest
    2. Member
    3. Elite Member
    4. Premium
    5. Content Creator
    6. Sectional Mod
    7. Moderator
    8. Content Manager
    9. Admins
    10. Site Owner

If we add usergroups, it'd probably be all over the place if a lot of people would buy it. Not saying you idea is horrible, I actually think it's a real nice touch. We'll just see what other members suggest first. Hopefully I didn't make your idea worse, but aye man I like it!
  3. 10-22-2016, 02:51 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post
    I've seen this on other forums as well, and would look nice, but shit.. 100-200$? Plus in my opinion I did some quick thinking. This can be bad, and can be good at the same time. Let me break this down with pros and cons.

PROS

First off, I have brought this up, and many admins told me they were thinking on what to put there for a while. IF they ever did your suggestion with usergroups. We could remove this "NextGenUpdate" from our layerout, and add the name of our usergroup there which you can view here:

In addition, the website can really benefit more from income + more bandwidth; depending on how much this usergroup would cost. (Maybe) Only Premium/Staff Members could make their own Usergroups, but for the sake of money, might as well just sell it separately for an amount of cash so Usergroups can actually be UNIQUE, and not be bought from Credits, nor free for staff/premium.

Continued, for usergroups, we could have our very own Usergroup "Enzo-F" logo/small img of our usergroup on our profiles:

This would be a nice touch, basically a "Forum Clan" to break it down from Usergroups. I actually like your idea Passion, but here's soon cons for this.

CONS

1. Guest
    2. Member
    3. Elite Member
    4. Premium
    5. Content Creator
    6. Sectional Mod
    7. Moderator
    8. Content Manager
    9. Admins
    10. Site Owner

If we add usergroups, it'd probably be all over the place if a lot of people would buy it. Not saying you idea is horrible, I actually think it's a real nice touch. We'll just see what other members suggest first. Hopefully I didn't make your idea worse, but aye man I like it!
    Up the price of groups, only allow a certain amount to be bought and then condense staff into one group. Honestly dont see the point in having so many ranks of staff when we mostly all do the same thing. Moderate. Was going to pitch this to staff but didnt think they would go for it, mostly because some staff would end up getting the boot for a revamp.
  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vince For This Useful Post:

5. 10-22-2016, 02:56 AM
    Hydrogen
    H20 Formula
    Hydrogen
    H20 Formula
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Up the price of groups, only allow a certain amount to be bought and then condense staff into one group. Honestly dont see the point in having so many ranks of staff when we mostly all do the same thing. Moderate. Was going to pitch this to staff but didnt think they would go for it, mostly because some staff would end up getting the boot for a revamp.
    I've said the same thing about staff. The beginner of staff you are, the less sections you will have. Besides the small extra stuff that CM/Admins do. Nice explaining though.
  6. 10-22-2016, 02:58 AM
    xJustJesse
    Content Manager
    xJustJesse
    Content Manager
    NextGenUpdate
    I agree that Staff could all be put into either one or two groups, one for the main staff (Sec Mods, Mods & Content Managers) and one for Admins (you could put Content Managers in here instead) just to clean things up a bit.
  7. 10-22-2016, 04:27 AM
    Kronos
    Time is Ticking
    Kronos
    Time is Ticking
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by xJustJesse View Post
    I agree that Staff could all be put into either one or two groups, one for the main staff (Sec Mods, Mods & Content Managers) and one for Admins (you could put Content Managers in here instead) just to clean things up a bit.
    There was a point where NGU got rid of Sect Mods, i still think Mods CMs and obviously Admins, but for now with the reduced amount of activity and not as many staff as there where back then, Mods CMs and Admins would probably be cleanest, Moderators have power over separate sections as it is now and answer to CMs and Admins, then CMs Obviously have more power than the Mods as it is now but then they answer to Admins, and then Obviously the Admins have complete power over everything. Kinda like it is now. Im not saying demote me, but im saying this because im only limited to my section, where if i was a mod or something i could be doing more. and lets be honest, there is 1 sectional and 2 mods.

getting back to the original topic, if i remember correctly there where groups? like i remember being in Kas's fanboy group back when he was a moderator, im not sure why these got taken out TBH or what the difference is between those and the groups that you guys are thinking of now?
  8. 10-22-2016, 12:08 PM
    Toke
    Master Race
    Toke
    Master Race
    NextGenUpdate
    Site Groups

they were dead af and deleted
  9. 10-23-2016, 04:24 PM
    MEGALELZ
    Senior Management
    MEGALELZ
    Senior Management
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post

PROS

CONS

1. Guest
    2. Member
    3. Elite Member
    4. Premium
    5. Content Creator
    6. Sectional Mod
    7. Moderator
    8. Content Manager
    9. Admins
    10. Site Owner

Site Groups

The staff groups aren't changing, and I doubt we'll add this as a feature either. We've looked into it before, I was looking into it a few months ago and Travis didn't like the idea of it. ELITE's also have every color under the sun already, so we'd have to remove colors from elites or make all custom groups one color - which is pointless.

Other than a userbar, what else can they actually get from having a custom group? I mean, yeah you could have one section to you, but what's the point?

Also how would you charge this, $100 per a person, one person pays $100 and can invite whoever?

Gee us more details and I can try ask Travis, but it just seems kinda pointless to be honest.

Originally Posted by xJustJesse View Post
    I mean that'd make Content Managers look like admins.
  10. 10-23-2016, 11:45 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    vBulletin has this by default but it sucks ass. I don't think anyone would pay that much money for one of them on here anyways. I like the idea but with the amount of Elite colors I can't see this being viable.
  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tustin For This Useful Post:

12. 10-24-2016, 07:13 PM
    Passion
    Banned
    Passion
    Banned
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by MEGALELZ View Post
    The staff groups aren't changing, and I doubt we'll add this as a feature either. We've looked into it before, I was looking into it a few months ago and Travis didn't like the idea of it. ELITE's also have every color under the sun already, so we'd have to remove colors from elites or make all custom groups one color - which is pointless.

Other than a userbar, what else can they actually get from having a custom group? I mean, yeah you could have one section to you, but what's the point?

Also how would you charge this, $100 per a person, one person pays $100 and can invite whoever?

Gee us more details and I can try ask Travis, but it just seems kinda pointless to be honest.

I mean that'd make Content Managers look like admins.
    First group will be sold for $100, second group for $150, etc.
    The person that owns a group can make a recruitment thread and get people to apply via thread and userCP.

Originally Posted by Tustin View Post
    vBulletin has this by default but it sucks ass. I don't think anyone would pay that much money for one of them on here anyways. I like the idea but with the amount of Elite colors I can't see this being viable.
    I'd pay for it, and group leaders can input a custom hex code as a color
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last