THREAD: Clean the Site of Dead Sections & Organize
  1. 11-17-2016, 01:12 AM
    TheBigRod
    u aint got no pancake mix
    TheBigRod
    NextGenUpdate
    Basically, as stated a million times before by many others before me, take out the sections that people complained to have and now aren't utilizing.

However, my main concern is the Games Universe, it seems a bit all over the place with the sub-forums only drawing a few people at a time. Nobody's posting in some sub-sections, it's as simple as that. If it's not active and they complain more once it's taken down, they can go to Upcoming Games or Popular/Classic Games.

There are four sub-sections involving Call of Duty. There are currently 130+ people in Call of Duty Series, while the others aren't quite as active (aside from MW & IW). Just throw those in Call of Duty Series and people will still go to it and use it. I don't believe there needs to be multiple sub-sections for one series despite the current spotlight. (Same goes for Battlefield 1/Battlefield Series.)

TLDR: Delete inactive forums and merge those that are popular so there aren't 500 sections.

I know my ideas aren't perfect and there are short-term and long-term pros/cons to changes such as these on a forum, but with enough thought and a little bit of effort, I don't think this would be a hard thing to solve.
    Last edited by TheBigRod; 11-17-2016 at 02:31 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBigRod For This Useful Post:

3. 11-21-2016, 03:08 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Remove dead sections like Runescape, and promote popular scenes such as Vita. I say scenes, because aside from on NGU, the modding scene for Vita is incredibly popular.
    Going to throw this out there, no one here gives the slightest shit about Vita or it would be posted about around here lol.
    Im going through sections now with Outsider and merging and removing ones that are dead or just don't need as many sections.
  4. 11-21-2016, 03:57 AM
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Going to throw this out there, no one here gives the slightest shit about Vita or it would be posted about around here lol.
    Im going through sections now with Outsider and merging and removing ones that are dead or just don't need as many sections.
    That's your opinion, and you're welcome to keep it. As for the second part, that's good to hear.
  5. 11-21-2016, 02:13 PM
    TheBigRod
    TheBigRod
    NextGenUpdate
    What sections/sub-sections did you merge/remove? No disrespect whatsoever, but I don't see anything different lol.
    Last edited by TheBigRod; 11-21-2016 at 02:15 PM.

6. 11-21-2016, 02:19 PM
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by TW View Post
    What sections/sub-sections did you merge/remove? No disrespect whatsoever, but I don't see anything different lol.
    I'm putting a list together, Outsider is removing em since he has the power to do so
  7. 11-21-2016, 02:23 PM
    TheBigRod
    TheBigRod
    NextGenUpdate
    I'm putting a list together, Outsider is removing em since he has the power to do so
    Ah, okay. Your response to Frosty made it seem as if it were being done then and there. I think maybe you should go through the ones in your list (I'm assuming you're going by activity), list them out and post them, asking the community if they're all good with the changes. It makes them feel more involved.

Just an idea. Instead of going through and doing it between two people. Would help with PR, too.
  8. 11-21-2016, 06:54 PM
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    NextGenUpdate
    Ah, okay. Your response to Frosty made it seem as if it were being done then and there. I think maybe you should go through the ones in your list (I'm assuming you're going by activity), list them out and post them, asking the community if they're all good with the changes. It makes them feel more involved.

Just an idea. Instead of going through and doing it between two people. Would help with PR, too.
    Well technically it would be at least 4-6 people counting Kryptus, Loes, Laim, and perhaps Gryphus (or another CM)
  9. 11-21-2016, 06:56 PM
    TheBigRod
    TheBigRod
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Well technically it would be at least 4-6 people counting Kryptus, Loes, Laim, and perhaps Gryphus (or another CM)
    What are you talking about?
  10. 11-21-2016, 07:17 PM
    Kronos
    Time is Ticking
    Kronos
    Time is Ticking
    NextGenUpdate
    What are you talking about?
    The staff discussing what sections to remove merge etc
  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kronos For This Useful Post:

12. 11-21-2016, 07:18 PM