Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
THREAD: Clean the Site of Dead Sections & Organize
  1. 11-17-2016, 01:12 AM
    TheBigRod
    u aint got no pancake mix
    TheBigRod
    NextGenUpdate
    Basically, as stated a million times before by many others before me, take out the sections that people complained to have and now aren't utilizing.

However, my main concern is the Games Universe, it seems a bit all over the place with the sub-forums only drawing a few people at a time. Nobody's posting in some sub-sections, it's as simple as that. If it's not active and they complain more once it's taken down, they can go to Upcoming Games or Popular/Classic Games.

There are four sub-sections involving Call of Duty. There are currently 130+ people in Call of Duty Series, while the others aren't quite as active (aside from MW & IW). Just throw those in Call of Duty Series and people will still go to it and use it. I don't believe there needs to be multiple sub-sections for one series despite the current spotlight. (Same goes for Battlefield 1/Battlefield Series.)

TLDR: Delete inactive forums and merge those that are popular so there aren't 500 sections.

I know my ideas aren't perfect and there are short-term and long-term pros/cons to changes such as these on a forum, but with enough thought and a little bit of effort, I don't think this would be a hard thing to solve.
    Last edited by TheBigRod; 11-17-2016 at 02:31 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBigRod For This Useful Post:

3. 11-17-2016, 06:43 AM
    SQUID-EYE
    NGU's Cutest Member
    SQUID-EYE
    NGU's Cutest Member
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by TW View Post
    Basically, as stated a million times before by many others before me, take out the sections that people complained to have and now aren't utilizing.

However, my main concern is the Games Universe, it seems a bit all over the place with the sub-forums only drawing a few people at a time. Nobody's posting in some sub-sections, it's as simple as that. If it's not active and they complain more once it's taken down, they can go to Upcoming Games or Popular/Classic Games.

There are four sub-sections involving Call of Duty. There are currently 130+ people in Call of Duty Series, while the others aren't quite as active (aside from MW & IW). Just throw those in Call of Duty Series and people will still go to it and use it. I don't believe there needs to be multiple sub-sections for one series despite the current spotlight. (Same goes for Battlefield 1/Battlefield Series.)

TLDR: Delete inactive forums and merge those that are popular so there aren't 500 sections.

I know my ideas aren't perfect and there are short-term and long-term pros/cons to changes such as these on a forum, but with enough thought and a little bit of effort, I don't think this would be a hard thing to solve.
    I agree, i think Pokemon and go too.

Since botting stopped and they turned nazi to banning.. nobody has touched it since.
  4. 11-17-2016, 07:22 AM
    Kronos
    Time is Ticking
    Kronos
    Time is Ticking
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by SQUID-EYE View Post

Since botting stopped and they turned nazi to banning.. nobody has touched it since.
    true that shit died as fast as it got popular
  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kronos For This Useful Post:

6. 11-17-2016, 01:28 PM
    TheBigRod
    TheBigRod
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by SQUID-EYE View Post

Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    true that shit died as fast as it got popular
    The Pokemon Go section was one I had in mind as well. I didn't know that it fell off due to bans for botting, but that makes sense.

Thank you guys for taking the time to come in here and respond. Glad to see you guys agree.
  7. 11-18-2016, 10:19 AM
    ResistTheSun
    In Flames Much?
    ResistTheSun
    In Flames Much?
    NextGenUpdate

Reorganization would make more sense over deleting sections. Don't see any library throwing out books or pages just because they out of date do you?

Solution is move inactive forums with links they contain to some sort of archived section. Old sections moved to one massive archived or library. Once you delete something links connecting it together are gone. Can cause problems when searching for information. Google saves snapshots of deleted pages.

Archive sections are pretty common.
  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ResistTheSun For This Useful Post:

, ,

9. 11-18-2016, 10:22 AM
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    NextGenUpdate

Remove dead sections like Runescape, and promote popular scenes such as Vita. I say scenes, because aside from on NGU, the modding scene for Vita is incredibly popular.
  10. 11-18-2016, 06:54 PM
    TheBigRod
    TheBigRod
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by ResistTheSun View Post
    Reorganization would make more sense over deleting sections. Don't see any library throwing out books or pages just because they out of date do you?

Solution is move inactive forums with links they contain to some sort of archived section. Old sections moved to one massive archived or library. Once you delete something links connecting it together are gone. Can cause problems when searching for information. Google saves snapshots of deleted pages.

Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Remove dead sections like Runescape, and promote popular scenes such as Vita. I say scenes, because aside from on NGU, the modding scene for Vita is incredibly popular.
    Hey, Frosty. Take a look at what RTS has to say. I had no idea that this stuff was even a thing so he's shining some light. Thought you'd enjoy that, too.

Thanks for the info RTS. Like I said, I had no idea and this is a great logical common ground for what the issues at hand are.
  11. 11-18-2016, 07:58 PM
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    NextGenUpdate
    Hey, Frosty. Take a look at what RTS has to say. I had no idea that this stuff was even a thing so he's shining some light. Thought you'd enjoy that, too.

Thanks for the info RTS. Like I said, I had no idea and this is a great logical common ground for what the issues at hand are.
    I know about archived forums, but the fact that they're hidden makes it harder for users to find old content.
  12. 11-19-2016, 03:53 AM
    SQUID-EYE
    NGU's Cutest Member
    SQUID-EYE
    NGU's Cutest Member
    NextGenUpdate

Day after tomorrow they burn books
  13. 11-20-2016, 11:19 PM
    Oneup
    Master Race
    Oneup
    Master Race
    NextGenUpdate

Why would you keep a library full of information that is outdated / irrelevant? That's actually a bad thing and actually libraries do remove older stuff for updated copies.
  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Oneup For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last