THREAD: Forum suggestions by Defined
  1. 01-02-2017, 09:46 PM
    Defined_
    Haxor!
    Defined_
    Haxor!
    NextGenUpdate
    So these are my suggestions,

Please NOTE that i dont demand anyone to add these right away, they're just suggestions and i think they can be useful on these forums.

Let's get into it.

firstly..

MoTM:

*I think MoTM should actually be Members*of the month.

Could maybe have 2-4 of them each time.
    Top commenterMost positive ratingsSupport guru (community vote)Staff nominationEtc..Obviously there are some issues here, if there were to be 'automatic' winners based on a system that counts and keeps track of numbers for us, obviously we would need to have a look at the chosen winners to see if they had cheated or were boosted before awarding.

I know the usual cry out about using post counts and rating numbers for awards will happen but at the end of the day, awards encourage activity and awards based on posting, receiving positive ratings and helping out, drive quite a few of our members.

A system that automatically keeps track of say two of our entrants, would have to be set to count an exact month. Having something like this will also help us keep everything on the same schedule, every time.

Stream/YouTube Video promotion:

For the Streams part I think there should be a asigned page that there can be twitch streams advertised on.
    for the youtube part i think everyday the video that the video with the most thanks in the video tab can get a video of the day to promote their youtube/video

Rank's:

I'd be cool to see if you guys added actual icons for your ranks, get one of the graphics designer of the community to make ranks for each rank and implement them into the forums.

Next thread and previous thread buttons:

one of the sections and I found it slightly irksome having to click on the sub-forum section on top and then scroll down to go to the next thread every time I'm done reading a thread.

So what I'm suggesting, is to basically have two new buttons "next*and*previous" maybe at the top next to the "watch thread"*button as well as the bottom of the thread where members can navigate to the next thread or previous thread simply by clicking that.*

Not sure how the previous button would work for the thread that's on top with the most recent post in it. Maybe have it disabled in those or make it take you back to the last thread in that section?.

thanks for reading.
  2. 01-02-2017, 11:48 PM
    J
    Who’s Jim Erased?
    J
    Who’s Jim Erased?
    NextGenUpdate
    There's already icon's for being a rank.
  3. 01-02-2017, 11:50 PM
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Defined_ View Post
    So these are my suggestions,

Please NOTE that i dont demand anyone to add these right away, they're just suggestions and i think they can be useful on these forums.

Let's get into it.

firstly..

MoTM:

*I think MoTM should actually be Members*of the month.

Could maybe have 2-4 of them each time.
    Top commenterMost positive ratingsSupport guru (community vote)Staff nominationEtc..Obviously there are some issues here, if there were to be 'automatic' winners based on a system that counts and keeps track of numbers for us, obviously we would need to have a look at the chosen winners to see if they had cheated or were boosted before awarding.

I know the usual cry out about using post counts and rating numbers for awards will happen but at the end of the day, awards encourage activity and awards based on posting, receiving positive ratings and helping out, drive quite a few of our members.

A system that automatically keeps track of say two of our entrants, would have to be set to count an exact month. Having something like this will also help us keep everything on the same schedule, every time.

For the Streams part I think there should be a asigned page that there can be twitch streams advertised on.
    for the youtube part i think everyday the video that the video with the most thanks in the video tab can get a video of the day to promote their youtube/video

Rank's:

I'd be cool to see if you guys added actual icons for your ranks, get one of the graphics designer of the community to make ranks for each rank and implement them into the forums.

Next thread and previous thread buttons:

one of the sections and I found it slightly irksome having to click on the sub-forum section on top and then scroll down to go to the next thread every time I'm done reading a thread.

So what I'm suggesting, is to basically have two new buttons "next*and*previous" maybe at the top next to the "watch thread"*button as well as the bottom of the thread where members can navigate to the next thread or previous thread simply by clicking that.*

Not sure how the previous button would work for the thread that's on top with the most recent post in it. Maybe have it disabled in those or make it take you back to the last thread in that section?.

thanks for reading.
    Next/Previous thread options could be nice.
  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

5. 01-03-2017, 12:09 AM
    Defined_
    Haxor!
    Defined_
    Haxor!
    NextGenUpdate
    for mods etc?
  6. 01-03-2017, 01:09 AM
    Gryphus
    ★ Content Manager ★
    Gryphus
    ★ Content Manager ★
    NextGenUpdate
    The Next thread, previous thread option seems applicable. I have seen other sites have that. The rest however is sorta redundant.
  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gryphus For This Useful Post:

8. 01-04-2017, 12:59 AM
    Defined_
    Haxor!
    Defined_
    Haxor!
    NextGenUpdate
    thanks for the feedback!
  9. 01-07-2017, 05:28 PM
    Tapir
    Haxor!
    Tapir
    Haxor!
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Defined_ View Post

Pretty sure this has already been implemented but only gets activated for special events such as E3 or major game releases.

Would be cool to see it used more and have "featured" streams by members.