Post: [Tutorial] Hex Editing your Skyrim Save (PC Version NOT needed)
03-31-2013, 03:45 PM #1
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
[Tutorial] Hex Editing your Skyrim Save (PC Version NOT needed)

Short TUT on how to edit your skyrim save for PS3 without a pc version of skyrim, This will let you have any item/armor/gold/wepons etc in skyrim. Works with latest update.

Requirements:
PS3 (Can be CFW or OFW)
USB Stick (To copy the save of course)
HxD Hex Editor – DOWNLOAD LINK You must login or register to view this content.
Skyrim PS3 Version (obviously)
Skyrim PS3 Toolkit GUI - DOWNLOAD LINK You must login or register to view this content.
(Skyrim Toolkit & HxD) - Mirror LNK You must login or register to view this content.

Step 1.) Put a Ebony or Iron Arrow in any barrel that doesnt say "Steal" and Make
sure it's empty then save your game.

Step 2.) Transfer your save to your USB flashdrive, if you don't know how to do this,
consult another video...

Step 3.) Open up save on your computer, now drag and drop the ( BlESXXXXX Player Save) Folder Into The decrypt section in Skyrim Toolkit GUI.

You must login or register to view this content.

Step 4.) Now You Can Open the SYS-DATA file in Hxd.

Step 6.) In HxD, Hit CTR-F...Now change Datetype from
"Text-String"-->"Hex-Values"

Step 7.) In the search bar box, Put in the BASE ID for the Iron or Ebony arrow...
The ID for Ebony Arrow-4139BF0100
The ID for Iron Arrow-41397D0100
Then hit "OK"

Step 8.) Once it finds your arrow, Hit CTR-R which should pop up a replace window..

Step 9.) Change the Datatype to "Hex-Value" and now in the "Replace With" box Paste the
ID of the item you want it changed to...To find the item's Base ID consult this website

Step 10.) When finding the Base ID you should see something like this...000139c0...
this is where people get screwed up..PAY ATTENTION!!!!!

Step 11.) Okay, When you copy the ID...ONLY COPY THE LAST FIVE DIGITS!!!!!!
as so....139c0, it should've went from 000139c0-->139c0...

Step 12.) Now go back to your HxD and paste those last five digits in the "Replace With" box

Step 13.) Now is another part where people get confused...what you do is put a "4" in front of
the ID as so..4139c0...it should've went from 139c0-->4139c0

Step 14.) Now put a 0100 at the end of the idea..as so 4139c00100...
it should've went from 4139c0-->4139c00100

Step 15.) Hit "OK" and it should replace it successfully, (Should be highlighted red)

Step 16.) Now click anywhere above the highlighted red (where it should've replaced)
and Hit CTR-F, Now change the Datatype to "Integer Number"

Step 17.) Change the "any bandwidth" to "32 Bit Double Word (LongInt)
In the "Search For" box type in "1" (to indicate the number of that item...) and hit "OK" now
hit CTR-R and change the credentials to the same as step 16...

Step 18.) In the "Replace With" box enter your desired amount of The Item You Want, then hit "OK"...
Now Save!!!!!

Step 19.) Now go into the ( BLESXXXXX Player DATA) and make a backup of the SYS_DATA.BAK, Then delete it from ( BLESXXXX PLAYER DATA )

Step 20.) now open up the SKYRIM TOOLKIT GUI then Drag and drop the ( BLESXXXXX PLAYER DATA ) into the encrypt Section, Now Just copy it back onto your ps3 and Your Done ENJOY!!!!

//Tutorial by hemi11p @ps3hax.

The following 13 users say thank you to DEREKTROTTER for this useful post:

Bubbles., CITYCOMET, cronos002, hibye3, kameron101, NuclearArmpit, Sirprizer, t36, Universal-CFGz, Wodzy, xIDAFG, King, xShowtime32x
05-02-2013, 10:33 PM #11
Originally posted by MONSTER View Post
the only thing i wish i could mod was my correctors name i put something stupid when i first got the game but i wish i could change it it bugs me so much:p

You could start a new profile then copy your stats across?
05-03-2013, 12:11 AM #12
AFG
The One and Only
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post

Short TUT on how to edit your skyrim save for PS3 without a pc version of skyrim, This will let you have any item/armor/gold/wepons etc in skyrim. Works with latest update.

Requirements:
PS3 (Can be CFW or OFW)
Skyrim PS3 Toolkit GUI - DOWNLOAD LINK You must login or register to view this content.
(Skyrim Toolkit & HxD) - Mirror LNK You must login or register to view this content.

Step 1.) Put a Ebony or Iron Arrow in any barrel that doesnt say "Steal" and Make

Step 2.) Transfer your save to your USB flashdrive, if you don't know how to do this,
consult another video...

Step 3.) Open up save on your computer, now drag and drop the ( BlESXXXXX Player Save) Folder Into The decrypt section in Skyrim Toolkit GUI.

Step 7.) In the search bar box, Put in the BASE ID for the Iron or Ebony arrow...
Then hit "OK"

Step 8.) Once it finds your arrow, Hit CTR-R which should pop up a replace window..

Step 9.) Change the Datatype to "Hex-Value" and now in the "Replace With" box Paste the
ID of the item you want it changed to...To find the item's Base ID consult this website

Step 10.) When finding the Base ID you should see something like this...000139c0...

Step 12.) Now go back to your HxD and paste those last five digits in the "Replace With" box

Step 13.) Now is another part where people get confused...what you do is put a "4" in front of

Step 15.) Hit "OK" and it should replace it successfully, (Should be highlighted red)

Step 16.) Now click anywhere above the highlighted red (where it should've replaced)

In the "Search For" box type in "1" (to indicate the number of that item...) and hit "OK" now

Step 18.) In the "Replace With" box enter your desired amount of The Item You Want, then hit "OK"...
Now Save!!!!!

Step 19.) Now go into the ( BLESXXXXX Player DATA) and make a backup of the SYS_DATA.BAK, Then delete it from ( BLESXXXX PLAYER DATA )

Step 20.) now open up the SKYRIM TOOLKIT GUI then Drag and drop the ( BLESXXXXX PLAYER DATA ) into the encrypt Section, Now Just copy it back onto your ps3 and Your Done ENJOY!!!!

so u can put any items in your save? and what else can with these mods?
05-04-2013, 12:44 AM #13
Do some items not work for this?

The worn shrouded armor is an example. It's ID is 0010EB5B. Changing it to 40EB5B0100 results in an empty barrel.

Is it any item with 6 numbers in the ID a safe bet it won't work?
05-14-2013, 12:21 PM #14
solebishop
Bounty hunter
derek can u explain a bit more about step one?
Originally posted by another user
Put a Ebony or Iron Arrow in any barrel that doesnt say "Steal" and Make sure it's empty then save your game.

what does it mean by " Make sure it's empty " ?
im getting a little bit confuse about this one
05-14-2013, 12:51 PM #15
QuantumDev
Can’t trickshot me!
A tool for this would be VERY useful Happy
05-14-2013, 03:39 PM #16
Originally posted by solebishop View Post
derek can u explain a bit more about step one?

what does it mean by " Make sure it's empty " ?
im getting a little bit confuse about this one

Find a random barrel and just take whatever is out of it. Most inns have a barrel that isn't owned in the game so you can take and store items in it.

If you know what's in the barrel and know then hex value for it you don't need to put an arrow to start off with. He just uses those for a reference point.

Btw for me it didn't work for DLC barrels in a house. I used the barrel at the inn in Falkreath. Worked like a charm.
06-21-2013, 04:01 AM #17
very interesting
06-24-2013, 06:37 PM #18
SweatyMidgets
Swagger Swagger
For some reason I can't find the iron arrows in my save... I put all of my arrows in the barrel then save the game, then decrypt it, when I search hxd I can't find it, any ideas?
Thanks
07-08-2013, 03:49 AM #19
King
Little One
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post

Requirements:
PS3 (Can be CFW or OFW)

consult another video...

Then hit "OK"

Now Save!!!!!

links are broke, files removed please update, nvm i got the file somewhere else. Thanks!
Last edited by King ; 07-09-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo