01-20-2011, 12:34 AM #1
Hawkin
Lord of the Undead
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Scammer NGU Name: jeffadkins51

Scammer NGU Profile URL: You must login or register to view this content.

Proof: Paypal screen shot included, All messages from him are saved in my inbox on this site.

When did this happen: I paid for it on December 17th

How did you purchase: Paypal

How much?: $35

I bought his Zombieland 2.2 Patch and his "patch subscription service." He still has this sale posted in the MW2 Modded Patches section, as well as a new post selling the same thing for $10 less. I never received any patch from him. He keeps telling me he is on vacation and will be back on the weekend, over 2 weeks.

I emailed him many times, and finally on Jan 6th 2011 I heard from him here on NGU this is the PM's we exchanged:

Jan 6th 2011
you should have contacted me before sending money and i would have told you i was taking a month vacation for christmas. im just jumping on a computer with internet. ill be back at home on saturday and can send the files then as i dont have any with me here.

sorry for the inconvenience. will contact you saturday

-jeff
-------------------------
After Saturday Jan 8th passed without hearing from him I sent an email complaining, because I saw he posted a new add selling the same thing.
-------------
1-10-11
i told you i'm on vacation and i didnt bring the files with me. i'll see if i can get a friend to go over to my house and email me the files so i can send to you.

sorry about the inconvenience but you really cant keep complaining you paid 3 weeks ago, you never contacted me before paying me you just send money, you're probably the only person who has ever done that.... i may do something small for you to make up for the wait but to be honest with you its really not my fault you sent money without contacting me first.....

i will be in touch soon,
jeff
----------------------
1-10-11
I did contact you a while back (about a month prior to sending money). We exchanged a few emails, which was why I sent the money without talking to you, because I knew that you were legit. I would not just send money to a stranger. I understand I never said that I was going to buy it.
I am not that upset. I understand you went on vacation. An email letting me know might of been nice, but no big deal. I'm going to assume that you are probably, away for college break. It doesn't matter.
My reason for my email yesterday was that I assumed when you said "sorry for the inconvenience. will contact you saturday" That you were going to be home on Saturday. Then when I saw the sale and still an empty inbox... I might of gotten a little upset.
How about this can you give me a date when you will be home or able to email me the files? (I really only care about the latest Zombieland right now) Thanks.
-Hart
------------
1-11-11
well i was going to be back sunday. but due to snow in northern michigan where im on vacation at, i had to delay driving back for another weekend. and no im not on christmas break from college, im just taking a break before i start my new job.

im trying to get my neighbor that feeds my cat to email me the files off of my computer at my house, ill let you know.

-jeff
--------------
1-12-11
i got someone to email me your files. please respond back with the email address you'd like them sent to. also please tell me what the email address you used to pay with via paypal is so i can write it down and add it to my list.

thanks,
jeff
-------------------
1-13-11
my email is [email][email protected][/email] You can send the files there. It is also the paypal email I used. thanks.
-Hart
------------------------
1-13-11
files sent, confirm you got them please
-jeff
---------------------
1-14-11
The file you sent was a 22 byte compressed zip file with nothing inside. I emailed the file back to you so you could see it.
-hart
----------------------
1-16-11
no response? home yet?
-Hart
----------------------
1-17-11
interesting, ill have a look at it... and ill send again later either way. internet at this place is going really slow right now
-Hart
------------------------
No further PM/emails have been sent. He has not resent anything to my email address.

If I end up losing $35 so be it. I just don't want anyone else to.
01-20-2011, 05:12 AM #2
Contacted the user. He has 24 hours to reply.
01-24-2011, 01:55 PM #3
i just got home last night and just got on today.... you really needed to file a complaint you think i was scamming you? wow lol

im sending your files to you now for the 2nd time since you couldnt figure out how to open up the zip file....
01-24-2011, 04:56 PM #4
Originally posted by harthansen View Post
Scammer NGU Name: jeffadkins51

Proof: Paypal screen shot included, All messages from him are saved in my inbox on this site.

I bought his Zombieland 2.2 Patch and his "patch subscription service." He still has this sale posted in the MW2 Modded Patches section, as well as a new post selling the same thing for $10 less. I never received any patch from him. He keeps telling me he is on vacation and will be back on the weekend, over 2 weeks.

I emailed him many times, and finally on Jan 6th 2011 I heard from him here on NGU this is the PM's we exchanged:

Jan 6th 2011
you should have contacted me before sending money and i would have told you i was taking a month vacation for christmas. im just jumping on a computer with internet. ill be back at home on saturday and can send the files then as i dont have any with me here.

-jeff
After Saturday Jan 8th passed without hearing from him I sent an email complaining, because I saw he posted a new add selling the same thing.
-------------
1-10-11
i told you i'm on vacation and i didnt bring the files with me. i'll see if i can get a friend to go over to my house and email me the files so i can send to you.

sorry about the inconvenience but you really cant keep complaining you paid 3 weeks ago, you never contacted me before paying me you just send money, you're probably the only person who has ever done that.... i may do something small for you to make up for the wait but to be honest with you its really not my fault you sent money without contacting me first.....

i will be in touch soon,
jeff
----------------------
1-10-11
I did contact you a while back (about a month prior to sending money). We exchanged a few emails, which was why I sent the money without talking to you, because I knew that you were legit. I would not just send money to a stranger. I understand I never said that I was going to buy it.
I am not that upset. I understand you went on vacation. An email letting me know might of been nice, but no big deal. I'm going to assume that you are probably, away for college break. It doesn't matter.
My reason for my email yesterday was that I assumed when you said "sorry for the inconvenience. will contact you saturday" That you were going to be home on Saturday. Then when I saw the sale and still an empty inbox... I might of gotten a little upset.
How about this can you give me a date when you will be home or able to email me the files? (I really only care about the latest Zombieland right now) Thanks.
-Hart
------------
1-11-11
well i was going to be back sunday. but due to snow in northern michigan where im on vacation at, i had to delay driving back for another weekend. and no im not on christmas break from college, im just taking a break before i start my new job.

im trying to get my neighbor that feeds my cat to email me the files off of my computer at my house, ill let you know.

-jeff
--------------
1-12-11
i got someone to email me your files. please respond back with the email address you'd like them sent to. also please tell me what the email address you used to pay with via paypal is so i can write it down and add it to my list.

thanks,
jeff
-------------------
1-13-11
my email is [email][email protected][/email] You can send the files there. It is also the paypal email I used. thanks.
-Hart
------------------------
1-13-11
-jeff
---------------------
1-14-11
The file you sent was a 22 byte compressed zip file with nothing inside. I emailed the file back to you so you could see it.
-hart
----------------------
1-16-11
no response? home yet?
-Hart
----------------------
1-17-11
interesting, ill have a look at it... and ill send again later either way. internet at this place is going really slow right now
-Hart
------------------------
No further PM/emails have been sent. He has not resent anything to my email address.

He responded.
01-25-2011, 12:51 PM #5
Originally posted by harthansen View Post
Scammer NGU Name: jeffadkins51

Jan 6th 2011

-jeff
-------------
1-10-11

i will be in touch soon,
jeff
----------------------
1-10-11
-Hart
------------
1-11-11

-jeff
--------------
1-12-11

thanks,
jeff
-------------------
1-13-11
-Hart
------------------------
1-13-11
-jeff
---------------------
1-14-11
-hart
----------------------
1-16-11
no response? home yet?
-Hart
----------------------
1-17-11
-Hart
------------------------

Can you respond?
01-25-2011, 06:54 PM #6
Hawkin
Lord of the Undead
I couldn't figure out how to open the zip file? Yeah I'm a technical moron.
The file was empty. The zip file he sent me was only 25 bytes, and an actual compressed patch_mp.ff file is over 200KB. I still have the email. The files he finally sent me were much larger. It's obvious to me that he didn't want it known that the patch he was selling was the same as the patch that was leaked over a month ago. As he posted a new thread with a sale of the same patch 3 weeks ago.
He finally sent me (on Jan 24th) real files, of course they are now worthless, and available everywhere for free.

But, I don't want to fight about this anymore. So, I will drop the complaint, as he finally did send me the files. I don't care anymore. Thank you for your help in this matter.
01-28-2011, 02:23 PM #7
Dispute resolved.
Closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo