01-14-2016, 05:42 PM #1
allenlmf
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Accused Scammer's Username:UPTOWN
Accused Scammer's Profile (URL):You must login or register to view this content.
Did you:Purchase

Proof of ONSITE contact (Shop, skype username on site, etc.):
You must login or register to view this content.

Proof of contact (Screenshots): See Details

When did this happen: Jan. 9th 2015

How did you purchase: Paypal

Amount: $350 USD

Have you contacted the scammer?: See Details
If yes, What did they say?: See Details

Details:

To: NGU Community and staffs

I have been a member of NGU since the beginning of 2010, as you can probably tell by my profile. I mainly use this site to purchase trophy

services from the available sellers. Over the years, I have dealt with a few "trusted" trophy-service sellers. Yet, I have NEVER

encountered someone who is as unpleasant and rude as the person I am disputing my case against. As a general warning, this is a rather

long post, if and only if you're interested, please read on. I will provide as much details as possible to not make the story one-sided.

My main PSN account has 120 platinums trophies as of today. However, as some of you may remember, I was here since the beginning era of

the "save-file hack": those of which do not need to be "redesigned" to earn trophies. Thus, I hopped on the bandwagon and gained a few

platinums (FUEL, SOCOM, BIOSHOCK, COSad Awesome Classic and etc) in the process. The major issue here is that these time stamps are obviously

hacked, being 1 second apart, 5-minute platinum and what not. This has always bothered me greatly, since I couldn't be ranked on most of

the third party trophy ranking websites.

Recently I've made a very tough decision: to drop my main account and duplicate all the original trophies on to a new account without the

illegitimate ones I've gotten over the years. In a sense, a fresh start. I stumbled upon UPTOWN's trophy shop thread and noticed he has a

rather large game database. I decided to contact him via PM and discuss my idea over Skype. During our initial skype conversation, he

quoted me a hefty price, and obviously the whole purpose of doing this is to make my new account look "legit":

I definitely did not like the quote and decided not to follow through. A day later, he made contact with me again, hes willing to lower

the $2200 down to $10/game which came down to an estimate of $1000, what a perfect salesman, one would think:

After a vast amount of back and forth haggling of which I wont bore you with the details, the final deal was set to $350:

Since this is a rather large transaction for a virtual trophies (apparently not according to Uptown, since he's dealt with people paying

him as much as $5000, why am I not in this business again?), I did not want to pay him the full amount upfront, instead I wanted to pay

half now, and half after. He somehow convinced me to do the whole $350 before we start.

As an additional layer of insurance, I have asked him to send me a text message from his phone in order to have a way of contacting and

identifying him outside of the internet. He didn't want to at first but I told him that if he doesn't, it would be a deal breaker. He did

it shortly after. I didn't think it was too much to ask, since we're dealing with $350. I know I'm not the only one that would be worried

about sending someone you don't know three hundred bucks. We spent an hour talking about how this should be done. And at this point, we

hit the iceburg-

Now I'm fairly famaliar with how trophy game list works, the game with your latest synchronized (Sync'ed) trophy will always be top of the

list regardless of the time stamp on it. You can have a platinum with a timestamp of 1960, and it will still be top of your game list if

you just sync'ed it. So in order to look "legit" and not get reported, one must have atleast 90% of the games in a logical decending

order. What this means is that one must sync the games in the order of last earned trophy's time stamp. Ie. Sync'ing a 2010 platinum then

a 2011 platinum and so forth.

The seller, Uptown wanted to sync games randomly, without any sort of order. There was clearly a misunderstanding, and I wasn't sure if he

knew what "legit" means in his mind. But if I get taken out of the ranking due to my game list not being in the correct order, then what

is the purpose of purchasing a new "legit" account? According to Uptown noone can control the order of the game being sync'ed!:

There he went, talking about how I'm treating him like a "slave", I literally laughed upon seeing this. I asked for a refund, since no

work has been completed, not even started. This is when I felt very threatened by his responses:

Apparently, "I'm not sure how long" does not mean "indefinitely" according to Uptown??:

He said he already spent the money, I'd only send the money a few hours prior. I am not sure how Paypal works, but I know there is a

processing time. At this point, I couldn't hold on to my anger any longer and lashed out at him:

I wanted to get the conversation over with, so I gave him a Monday deadline, in which he agreed to only after I'd threaten to file a

claim. And I almost died from laughing - he wanted me to add more money if I wanted to go through with what I wanted in the first place!:

Uptown, trying to convince me that what he was about to do with my account was "totally" legit, I had to throw that back in his face:

I'm not sure where he went to school, clearly his logic was failing him.

My last attempt in trying to put some basic sense in to him. His argument was that we never agreed to the game order. Only to copy my

account, verbatim. And obviously, he doesn't know what verbatim meant:

I wasn't exactly sure what got in to him but he was finally cooperating and willing to do what I have agreed upon, 10+ games a day for 9

days to complete our deal on the 9th day.

The 9-day period was due to my Paypal claim. I can withdraw my claim within 9 days of filing. We both agreed. And that was the end of the

conversation, he agreed to do a certain number of platinums on a per day basis.

A day (24+hours) has passed. I checked my profile. I saw nothing. I asked him what's going on buddy? This was his response:

Here is an image of me checking specifically while we were having this conversation:

When in fact, we agreed just a day before that he was going to sync a specific amount of trophies per day. I escalated the claim. He

started his scamming methods at this point, asking me to cancel my claim so he can refund. I then immediately contacted Paypal. According

to Paypal, a refund can be granted from the seller at any point of the claim. So I clearly caught him lying:

This is when things really got out of hand, a childish act would be an understatement:

I have blocked him permenently after this.

I have followed through with Paypal and the case was an obvious victory for me, since I purchased his service, a service of which he did not provide:

In the end, justice was served. So you may still wonder, why bother disputing and spending so much time writing this lengthy story.

Well, the reason is very simple. I know many people on the forums are either underage, or English isn't their first language. Conversing their stories may be hard to PayPal or even the staffs of this forums. I feel terrible if they ever get their money scammed by Uptown and couldn't get it back due to age and/or language barriers. So why not break the habbit from the root?

Again, I thank you to those that read the story. And hope justice can also be served to whomever deserves on NGU.
01-14-2016, 06:09 PM #2
Originally posted by allenlmf View Post

User has been contacted and has 48 hours to respond.

One question I'd like to start off by asking to UPTOWN is, what is your definition of a legit trophy?
01-14-2016, 06:39 PM #3
UPTOWN
Treasure hunter
dude! you got your money back on paypal so what are you trying to prove here?

i have never dealt with an impatient person like you. you told me i have 9 days to do the games and the next day, you open a dispute on paypal.

i spent 12 hours doing 20 games which were ready to sync the next day and then you open a dispute on paypal like i told you i wasnt going to do your games?

proof he told me i have 9 days to finsih his 120 games : You must login or register to view this content.

proof he filed the dispute on paypal the next day: You must login or register to view this content.
01-14-2016, 06:42 PM #4
UPTOWN
Treasure hunter
you are delusional. i have never had anyone open a dispute on me before. and i have done countless accounts. so what is your point?
you pay me $350 to do 120 games legit and you dont even let me breathe. at the end, you got your money so buy from someone else. you are so impatient. thats why the dude that did your plats before never returned to finish them
01-14-2016, 06:44 PM #5
UPTOWN
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Insight View Post
User has been contacted and has 48 hours to respond.

One question I'd like to start off by asking to UPTOWN is, what is your definition of a legit trophy?

there is nothing to resolve here. he got his money back from paypal. so this thread is irrelevant. he is just mad i didnt do his account the way he wanted! Thread needs to be closed.
Last edited by UPTOWN ; 01-14-2016 at 07:47 PM.
01-14-2016, 08:16 PM #6
allenlmf
Do a barrel roll!
An interesting fact to add to my original topic is that during the dispute on Paypal, UPTOWN has attempted to lie to Paypal that the service was delivered:

01-14-2016, 08:54 PM #7
Originally posted by UPTOWN View Post
there is nothing to resolve here. he got his money back from paypal. so this thread is irrelevant. he is just mad i didnt do his account the way he wanted! Thread needs to be closed.

An interesting fact to add to my original topic is that during the dispute on Paypal, UPTOWN has attempted to lie to Paypal that the service was delivered:

I still need to find out what you're doing with your services. By the looks of it from his evidence your legit timestamps are not as legit as they claim to be.
01-14-2016, 09:26 PM #8
UPTOWN
Treasure hunter
I have synced hundreds of accounts here to people and Noone has ever complained. He gave me a time frame to complete his games which was 9 days and the next day, he opens a dispute because I didn't sync any games on his account the next day. But I was out working and he opens a dispute eventhough I had 9 days to finish it. Anyways, he got his money back so there's no point. Hope I answered everything.
By the way, how does he claim my timestamps aren't legit when I haven't synced a single game on his account? Does it make sense?
Last edited by UPTOWN ; 01-14-2016 at 09:28 PM.
01-14-2016, 11:02 PM #9
Originally posted by UPTOWN View Post
I have synced hundreds of accounts here to people and Noone has ever complained. He gave me a time frame to complete his games which was 9 days and the next day, he opens a dispute because I didn't sync any games on his account the next day. But I was out working and he opens a dispute eventhough I had 9 days to finish it. Anyways, he got his money back so there's no point. Hope I answered everything.
By the way, how does he claim my timestamps aren't legit when I haven't synced a single game on his account? Does it make sense?

I see... After re-reading this all through and considering the response from UPTOWN so I can see his point of view, I think there's not enough evidence to support your claim on UPTOWN not doing your trophies in order despite the amount you have given me. From what I can tell he has been trying but you keep pushing him to do it faster. It appears you simply did not give enough time before filing a dispute against PayPal.

You even said this yourself:
"I don't care how many you do today" yet you come back 24 hours later asking for an update
I just feel that you tried to be patient, but it still got to you a bit.

Seeing as you have already been refunded there's nothing that UPTOWN strictly has to do, this is just to see whether or not he is providing service as required correctly to others. For this reason and the reasons above I will not issue any consequences.

Also, about UPTOWN not being able to refund, PayPal does hold your money once a dispute is held against you so an instant refund can take a few days which is a possible reason why UPTOWN has asked for you to cancel the dispute. Though in the future you can call PayPal to sort this out from my understanding.

Anyways, this dispute will be kept in mind for any future purposes, But as stated, for now I cannot commit to any action to hold against UPTOWN unless you can show proof of it not being in order (even though there hasn't been a sync from what I see) or him scamming you in any other way which I can't see.

Please update me through PM if you have anything to bring up; I don't feel this dispute can go anywhere. Dispute closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo