08-27-2014, 11:35 PM #1
Default Avatar
AK47
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Steam now let's you install multiple games simultaneously
You must login or register to view this content.

As you can see above You must login or register to view this content. now gives all steam users the ability to install multiple games at once allowing faster installs for DLC users as well as people who only like to play games for 10 minutes then switches to a new game(That's me). Knowing that this is only just a new basic feature add-on this does give another plus point for new PC gamers who need to install all their newly bought games unlike the old steam where you would manually have to go through each one to install one game at a time.

Personal Thoughts

Originally posted by AK47
Personally, I think this is a great feature to add onto steam as it was a pain in the $!% to install games but it's a shame we couldn't have one of the must have features then a basic feature but i guess we will have to wait for the steam Dev's.

If you wish to to use features such as in-home streaming or Multiple-Game install simply opt for the steam beta program which will show you below how to opt for it.

1. Simply log into the steam client
  2. Go to settings
  3. Click the account option
  4. Click the change button in Beta participation
  5. Click ok on the option for Steam Beta Update

The following 4 users say thank you to AK47 for this useful post:

Cryptic, Modus, Dan, Sal
08-28-2014, 03:31 AM #2
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Finally. Not that I ever have more than one game to install, but still a nice (and I assume highly demanded) feature.

You're move consoles.
08-28-2014, 11:35 PM #3
Originally posted by AK47 View Post
Steam now let's you install multiple games simultaneously

As you can see above You must login or register to view this content. now gives all steam users the ability to install multiple games at once allowing faster installs for DLC users as well as people who only like to play games for 10 minutes then switches to a new game(That's me). Knowing that this is only just a new basic feature add-on this does give another plus point for new PC gamers who need to install all their newly bought games unlike the old steam where you would manually have to go through each one to install one game at a time.

Personal Thoughts

If you wish to to use features such as in-home streaming or Multiple-Game install simply opt for the steam beta program which will show you below how to opt for it.

1. Simply log into the steam client
  2. Go to settings
  3. Click the account option
  4. Click the change button in Beta participation
  5. Click ok on the option for Steam Beta Update

don't see this being usefull unless they added multiple downs so you could download cs:go and payday 2 (other games NOT available Kappa ) at the same time and they split the download speed other than that a pretty useless addition
08-29-2014, 02:49 PM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Cryptic
Finally. Not that I ever have more than one game to install, but still a nice (and I assume highly demanded) feature.

You're move consoles.

Sad part is it used to do this in the past. I never understood why they removed it to begin with.
09-21-2014, 03:19 AM #5
Modus
¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
It's a feature that was needed a long time ago.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo