A lot of times when I torrent 720p versions of movies, I'll get an .mkv file. It was today when I wanted to watch an .mkv version of First Blood on my PS3 that I decided to figure out how to play this format on my PS3. Put simply, you can't! But after a little reseach I dug up a good program that converts these files to .mpg and makes them playable on your PS3. Best part? It's freeware, no watermarks, doesn't affect quality, and relatively fast procedure! Let's get started!
What you need:
● [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
● A USB
● An .mkv file (obviously)
1. After installing this program, get your .mkv video ready in a destination you'll remember. Desktop is recommended.
2. Open the program and under, "Source File," click browse and select the file you wish to convert.
3. Next hit browse under the, "Destination Directory," and pick where you want your new file made.
4. After you've done that, click, "Add File."
5. Now you just wait a few minutes and your new .mpg file will be ready!
6. Copy the file onto your USB, then stick it into your PS3.
7. Now go to the video column of your XMB and find your USB.
8. Press triangle and then select, "Display All."
9. Copy the file to your PS3 or watch it from USB
Enjoy the show!