For this tutorial I have a list below of requirements for this:
- HxD - A Hex Editor. HxD can be downloaded .
- An FTP application on your PS3
- An FTP client such as FileZilla which can be found .
Now that we have this set up, and our PS3 is running an FTP program we can begin:
- Start up BlackBox on your PS3 and your FTP client on your PC. Once you have that done, take the IP from BlackBox and plug it into your FTP client.
- In your FTP client, navigate to the directory "/dev_hdd0/home/000000000x", the x will be the account you use, /friendim. Once you are there, copy your "mecomment.dat" file to your Desktop or place you want it stored.
- Now that you have your file that you need, open it with the program HxD and edit it to your liking. Below a list of hex characters can be found:
EF A2 92 - PS Button
EF A3 BD - Black Cross (Note: This can be accessed via the on screen keyboard symbols.)
EF A2 83 - Triangle
EF A2 8F - Start Button
- Once that it has been edited to your liking, you can upload it back to your FTP client overwriting the old one. When that is done, you can log out and log back in. Go look at your comment and it should be what you edited it to!
Please note that these buttons are not what you may think they are. It will be somewhat hard to see the writing and symbols on them but it is neat that not many others will have them.
Last edited by Jared; 06-24-2012 at 04:00 PM.
why is it that when i get rid of my jbs good stuff comes out!!