Thread: How to download and play PS3 games front the internet

1. Ali3nMods Beepboop

Join Date Dec 2009

Posts 1,022

Membership Donator

07-05-2012 01:48 PM #1 How to download and play PS3 games downloaded from the internet

A short tutorial on how to download any game (if available) and run it on your Playstation 3.

First of all, you're going to want to go to The Pirate Bay (thepriatebay.se) and search for your game. To find your game, search {gamename} PS3 {EUR/US/whatever} ENG, replace the stuff in the brackets.

Download the game, this may take a while as they're normally about 5/6 GB per game.

After the game has been downloaded, if you have an external hard drive like my self (as bluray is broken), create a folder on the root of the External HHD named 'games' and copy the full of your downloaded game here. For example: Egames\BLES0001\.

If you haven't got Multiman already, download it here - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - DIRECT LINK!

Start up Multiman, after installed and your external HDD has been plugged in, and there should be your downloaded game. Go ahead and select the game. If you've done everything so far, Multiman should quit to the XMB.

Once on the XMB, click on the 'app_home/PS3_GAME/ folder located under 'Game', (iI am on hermes cfw). This should start your game.

If you are not using an external HDD, which I don't recommend, go to your FTP server and login to your PS3 and upload the game to dev_hdd0/game or dev_hdd0/games

Thanks

Another thing, if you would like to download any DLC for the game you have downloaded, here is a megathread of it all. http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/...egathread.html
    Last edited by Ali3nMods; 07-07-2012 at 06:26 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ali3nMods For This Useful Post:

3. The Following 2 Users Groaned At Ali3nMods For This Awful Post:

Ameht! (07-07-2012), Ehhx (07-07-2012)

Elk Lithium.

Join Date May 2012

Posts 2,732

Membership Donator

07-05-2012 03:47 PM #2

Quote Originally Posted by Telepot View Post
    Tutorial Submissions
    Name of Tutorial
    How to download and play PS3 games front the internet
    Description of Tutorial
    A short tutorial on how to download any game (if available) and run it on your Playstation 3.
    Write Your Tutorial Here
    First of all, you're going to want to go to The Pirate Bay (thepriatebay.se) and search for your game. To find your game, search {gamename} PS3 {EUR/US/whatever} ENG, replace the stuff in the brackets.

Download the game, this may take a while as they're normally about 5/6 GB per game.

After the game has been downloaded, if you have an external hard drive like my self (as bluray is broken), create a folder on the root of the External HHD named 'games' and copy the full of your downloaded game here. For example: Egames\BLES0001\.

If you haven't got Multiman already, download it here - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - DIRECT LINK!

Start up Multiman, after installed and your external HDD has been plugged in, and there should be your downloaded game. Go ahead and select the game. If you've done everything so far, Multiman should quit to the XMB.

Once on the XMB, click on the 'app_home/PS3_GAME/ folder located under 'Game', (iI am on hermes cfw). This should start your game.

If you are not using an external HDD, which I don't recommend, go to your FTP server and login to your PS3 and upload the game to dev_hdd0/game or dev_hdd0/games

Thanks

Another thing, if you would like to download any DLC for the game you have downloaded, here is a megathread of it all. http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/...egathread.html
    Thanks guys for taking your time to write a tutorial for NGU! Videos help the viewers as well, so any videos or images are a bonus! We will get to your tutorial as soon as possible
    So far I have done I think 6-7 tutorials, can't remember at the moment but I have about 10+ more tutorials all planned out!
    Going to bring them soon! I include images and if so videos at the end for the viewers to FULLY understand..

Great thread +rep
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    For any inquires or concern/s related to the site, please E-mail me at: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]~[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. Ali3nMods Beepboop

Join Date Dec 2009

Posts 1,022

Membership Donator

07-05-2012 04:45 PM #3

Quote Originally Posted by Elkyeim Psn View Post
    So far I have done I think 6-7 tutorials, can't remember at the moment but I have about 10+ more tutorials all planned out!
    Going to bring them soon! I include images and if so videos at the end for the viewers to FULLY understand..

Great thread +rep
    Thanks, it was only a quick tutorial
    Hardware: 3.55 PS3, LFW PS3, MSI GS70 Stealth, Mac Pro.
    Languages: PHP, HTML, Java.

6. Freddie99 Save Point

Join Date Jul 2012

Posts 6

Membership Standard

07-05-2012 07:26 PM #4

Do you need a jailbroken ps3???

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

i couldent access this webpage it says

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

dubeyduck NextGenUpdate Elite

Join Date Oct 2010

Posts 464

Membership Elite

07-05-2012 07:38 PM #5

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie99 View Post
    Do you need a jailbroken ps3???

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

i couldent access this webpage it says

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    yes you need a jailbroken ps3

8. Freddie99 Save Point

Join Date Jul 2012

Posts 6

Membership Standard

07-05-2012 07:42 PM #6

Quote Originally Posted by dubeyduck View Post
    yes you need a jailbroken ps3
    Thank You and is there a tutorial for i can jailbreak my ps3 in a way it will be difficult for me to get ban???

dubeyduck NextGenUpdate Elite

Join Date Oct 2010

Posts 464

Membership Elite

07-06-2012 05:47 AM #7

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie99 View Post
    Thank You and is there a tutorial for i can jailbreak my ps3 in a way it will be difficult for me to get ban???
    You can jailbreak your ps3 if it's on 3.55 or lower if it's 3.55+ you need need to buy a flasher and if you jailbreak its hard to get banned

10. Freddie99 Save Point

Join Date Jul 2012

Posts 6

Membership Standard

07-06-2012 06:53 PM #8

Quote Originally Posted by dubeyduck View Post
    You can jailbreak your ps3 if it's on 3.55 or lower if it's 3.55+ you need need to buy a flasher and if you jailbreak its hard to get banned
    Thanks and to get it to not be jailbreak do i just get a update from sony??? and sorry for ask so many questions is just that im want to be sure of all the stuff and ask some 1 that i has done it before
    Can you play online with the jailbroken ps3 and make modded lobbies?
    Last edited by Freddie99; 07-06-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Kleio i iz 1337 naow

Join Date Feb 2011

Posts 2,564

Membership Elite

NextGenUpdate Elite Member

07-06-2012 10:31 PM #9

Quote Originally Posted by Telepot View Post

Thanks

front internet ? from internet ?
    System Specs:
    CPU: I7-3770 @4.0ghz stock cooler
    GPU: evga gtx 780
    Motherboard: z77 asrock extreme 4
    Memory:8gbs 1600mhz timming 7,7,7,20@1.5volts
    Storage: pny xlr8 pro 240gb/seagate barracuda 1tb
    Case: corsair 550d
    will update once all watercooling parts are bought

12. Ali3nMods Beepboop

Join Date Dec 2009

Posts 1,022

Membership Donator

07-07-2012 06:00 AM #10

Quote Originally Posted by Śhadow View Post
    front internet ? from internet ?
    Yeah you can download PS3 games all over the internet.
    Hardware: 3.55 PS3, LFW PS3, MSI GS70 Stealth, Mac Pro.
    Languages: PHP, HTML, Java.