03-04-2013, 02:06 PM #1
Danoptic
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

First Impressions

I am about 45 minutes into this beautifully made, emotion grabbing game.

From the first 5 minutes you instantly get attached to this young Lara, you also notice, things just don't go her way at all, from ledges giving way, to rocks inside caves just crumbling to stop her getting out in to the open.

You take control of Lara as you get captured, hanging upside down having to swing your way into flames to get loose, after which you fall a big distance on to a spike which pierces into Laras stomach.

The story so far seems solid, with the game making you feel for Lara, you just want to know what is happening on this strange island, its kind of like playing Uncharted with the popular "Lost" storyline.

Gameplay

No grunts from me, movement is expected from a 3rd person game

Controls are good

Combat so far is Solid. The bow is the first weapon, a simple L1 to aim, and R1 to fire. Simple yet effective. Hunting a deer is your first challenge, again after the kill you hit Laras emotions having to cut into the prey for food.

Its a good while before getting hold of a gun, the islands inhabitants capture you and the others forcing you to take cover and try and escape. This is where Lara is forced to make a first kill, the game does beautifully again, capturing Lara's emotions.

This is where i am up to.

The game so far is brilliant, a must buy IMO
03-09-2013, 11:47 PM #2
If I buy the game I'm just going to spend all the time in the world killing her over and over again, that gif where she slides into the pole and tries to pull it out was so cute.
03-10-2013, 02:57 PM #3
This game is amazing. Played it constantly for 4 days now and nearly finished it and gained all the single player trophies. It reminds me so much like Far Cry 3, that game is amazing too. Thes type of games are getting better and better. Only problem I have is theres too much online aspect to this. Single player is where its at, Its not a sport or a war game
03-18-2013, 05:13 AM #4
Izl
Do a barrel roll!
didn't play it too long but i wasn't impressed. i wanted the survival stuff they talked about in the GI
03-19-2013, 07:11 PM #5
Exactly. Well said
03-22-2013, 08:04 PM #6
solvodan
Do a barrel roll!
I´ll just saw the videos and screens of the game and them look great. Is the game really not impressive?
03-30-2013, 09:24 PM #7
hrobey
Keeper
What do you folks think.....is this game worth buying?
05-06-2013, 03:43 PM #8
PlatDawg
Do a barrel roll!
the SP of this game is absolutely amazing. All the way through it I felt like I was playing a PS4 game. Its just absolutely stunning and the story so well written and executed.

After the high of finishing the story then I ventured into the MP. WTF, that was like a bad PS2 game, they really could have put alot more effort into delivering that experience.
05-20-2013, 01:04 PM #9
By far this is the best game I've played in awhile,defo my game of the year hands down and it's only may lol.

But honestly I enjoyed every minute of it and it always left me wanting more,which rarely happens these days with games Smile

It's a lot cheaper now so if you're still on the fence about getting it,do it...you won't regret it Winky Winky
05-20-2013, 02:10 PM #10
Originally posted by PlatDawg View Post
the SP of this game is absolutely amazing. All the way through it I felt like I was playing a PS4 game. Its just absolutely stunning and the story so well written and executed.

After the high of finishing the story then I ventured into the MP. WTF, that was like a bad PS2 game, they really could have put alot more effort into delivering that experience.
they didnt put a lot of work into multiplayer cause their focus was single player :/,and i wasnt aware people were playing ps4's how do you know what one is like ?and the reason their focus was single player they wanted to reboot the game series so they could make a few more games

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo