07-18-2018, 08:54 PM #1
norge1
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); so i wanted to go back to v1 from v2 xenforo only way to do this was fresh install. now i gotta figure out how to ftp my old data and not upgrade back to v2.
07-19-2018, 08:28 AM #2
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
Originally posted by norge1 View Post
so i wanted to go back to v1 from v2 xenforo only way to do this was fresh install. now i gotta figure out how to ftp my old data and not upgrade back to v2.

And this is the reason backups are important.

Can you not just upload an older copy of your files?

The following 2 users say thank you to JB for this useful post:

Algebra, biblestudies
07-19-2018, 01:28 PM #3
Algebra
[move]mov eax, 69[/move]
Originally posted by norge1 View Post
so i wanted to go back to v1 from v2 xenforo only way to do this was fresh install. now i gotta figure out how to ftp my old data and not upgrade back to v2.

If you have your old data, you could just use You must login or register to view this content. to ftp to your web server. If you don't know how to set up an ftp connection to your web server I'd suggest doing something like below.

On your control panel, if you have one, you could easily set up an FTP user by navigating to that section which prompts you with an option to create one. upon creation you will be asked to create a username and a password, create both, once finished you will see that there is most likely a subdomain or a server which you need to set the ftp connection to, most likely it'll be something like ftp.yourdomain.io. You can create a new connection on filezilla to your website fairly easy, see below.

Once you install filezilla hit ctrl s on your keyboard which will open a form for you to create a connection to your website. click New Site then name it whatever you like. Once you name it you will see some options enabled on the right.

You will see a drop down box with anonymous already selected. click it and select normal. Once you have done that you can type your credentials in that you previously created on your cpanel. See below

You must login or register to view this content.

If you have any issues then it's probably because you are using a VPS with no cpanel. I can not go into detail on how to set up an ftp connection through a VPS. it's the same process and actually quite easier. You just login to your VPS using SFTP on port 21 type your username and password for your server and you should be able access your files remotely.

NOTE:
Sometimes it's recommended to navigate to the transfer settings and enable passive transfer.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo