06-29-2017, 08:47 AM #1
Agent Juan
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); With what can I create a website? And admin plz close my "3.0 Polynesia don't seem to work" thread. Thank you
11-14-2017, 10:21 PM #20
zundappchef
Vault dweller
Originally posted by JB View Post
Gotta disagree with this setup. Sublime Text / Atom and a local dev server is infinitely better than using anything with Microsoft branding on it. There's a reason nobody uses Internet Explorer!

true

but i tent to make allot of mistakes while typing wich these programs pick up rather quick
i also hate working on a local server ( various reason )
the desing changes i make i want to see in full effect within chrome this way i can see if chrome throws errors and display`s right ( visual studio lets me do this)
if it looks right i dont even test it local, i throw it on my server test it that way

need to look into sublime and atom since i have no experience with it

if u have more pointers please tell since i like to learn more
11-14-2017, 10:26 PM #21
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
Originally posted by zundappchef View Post
true

but i tent to make allot of mistakes while typing wich these programs pick up rather quick
i also hate working on a local server ( various reason )
the desing changes i make i want to see in full effect within chrome this way i can see if chrome throws errors and display`s right ( visual studio lets me do this)
if it looks right i dont even test it local, i throw it on my server test it that way

need to look into sublime and atom since i have no experience with it

if u have more pointers please tell since i like to learn more

Never rely on testing in production. ALWAYS test it locally or in a staging environment. Also, make sure your staging environment is an identical setup to your production setup. No point testing it on your staging server if it's configured completely different to your production server!

In terms of making mistakes, there's more than enough plugins that offer code completion, syntax highlighting, error detection etc. without requiring something with MS branding, or a fully fledged IDE. Not to say IDE's are bad (some are fantastic), just make sure you pick the right one! For example, I quite like PhpStorm, but I only use it in conjunction with Xdebug in order to breakpoint my PHP.

Why do you hate working on a local server? Configured properly, a local server is probably your greatest tool in your web developer arsenal.
11-14-2017, 10:44 PM #22
zundappchef
Vault dweller
like u said it needs to be configured properly
that takes some time and i work on 4 different machines
since i have all the code always on the server i made a special test url to test my code on
it works for me and since i dont do allot of website`s it has been working for me
i made an test adress that i call to look if i did my job right

the reason why i left local servers is when i was doing gtav modding there where webcompilers available
but when adding one to the same local server it became a pain to keep the adresses updated to keep it working
after a while i gave up on that since i dint have enough knowledge and started doing it custom
here is the link to the mess i made back then You must login or register to view this content.
11-15-2017, 03:21 AM #23
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
Originally posted by zundappchef View Post
like u said it needs to be configured properly
that takes some time and i work on 4 different machines
since i have all the code always on the server i made a special test url to test my code on
it works for me and since i dont do allot of website`s it has been working for me
i made an test adress that i call to look if i did my job right

the reason why i left local servers is when i was doing gtav modding there where webcompilers available
but when adding one to the same local server it became a pain to keep the adresses updated to keep it working
after a while i gave up on that since i dint have enough knowledge and started doing it custom
here is the link to the mess i made back then You must login or register to view this content.

But I mean, it's pretty simple to maintain a basic webserver with vhosts.. if you're doing webdev stuff, you need to learn how the vhosts work anyway, otherwise you likely won't get very far without relying on WHM/other hosting panel.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo