08-15-2017, 02:18 AM #1
Tustin
Balls of Steel
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Seems like this app is starting to get popular for whatever reason so of course instead of being like a normal person and using it normally, I decided to reverse their API a bit. It's very simple and there seems to be some inconsistencies with it. Some requests (like setting the deviceId) are PUT requests, while other endpoints of the same type (like creating an account or sending a message) are just POST requests. Also, some POST requests use url encoded form bodies while others just JSON.

Anyways, I'm adding stuff as I map out all the endpoints. You could prob make something silly with this like a spam bot cause I doubt there's any rate limiting on this API.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Tustin for this useful post:

Hydrogen
08-15-2017, 02:20 AM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
Seems like this app is starting to get popular for whatever reason so of course instead of being like a normal person and using it normally, I decided to reverse their API a bit. It's very simple and there seems to be some inconsistencies with it. Some requests (like setting the deviceId) are PUT requests, while other endpoints of the same type (like creating an account or sending a message) are just POST requests. Also, some POST requests use url encoded form bodies while others just JSON.

Anyways, I'm adding stuff as I map out all the endpoints. You could prob make something silly with this like a spam bot cause I doubt there's any rate limiting on this API.

FIRST Kappa
08-15-2017, 10:38 AM #3
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
Seems like this app is starting to get popular for whatever reason so of course instead of being like a normal person and using it normally, I decided to reverse their API a bit. It's very simple and there seems to be some inconsistencies with it. Some requests (like setting the deviceId) are PUT requests, while other endpoints of the same type (like creating an account or sending a message) are just POST requests. Also, some POST requests use url encoded form bodies while others just JSON.

The website doesn't seem too special to me. Maybe I'm missing something about the platform? Anonymous messaging of coworkers is all it Sarahah offers? And the naming is weird, like what does Sarahah even mean Sal
08-15-2017, 10:41 AM #4
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
The website doesn't seem too special to me. Maybe I'm missing something about the platform? Anonymous messaging of coworkers is all it Sarahah offers? And the naming is weird, like what does Sarahah even mean Sal

its another one of those anonymous question sites, like ask.fm and shit, except the posts arent public lol
08-15-2017, 10:44 AM #5
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
its another one of those anonymous question sites, like ask.fm and shit, except the posts arent public lol

So then why all the buzz from the media?
08-15-2017, 10:44 AM #6
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
So then why all the buzz from the media?

i really have no clue lol, i dont see the hype around it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo