02-18-2018, 03:52 AM #1
Tustin
Balls of Steel
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I started working on this a few hours ago and got some good results. I've only added the very basics but I feel like this could be a pretty sweet project once I start adding all the functionality I've seen so far. I will work on an example stat tracking website using this once I feel like it.

Check it out yo and star the project if ya like it!!!!
You must login or register to view this content.

btw this song is playing on Spotify when I made this thread and it's a :borat: song

The following 7 users say thank you to Tustin for this useful post:

0x01, Algebra, Father Luckeyy, Kronos, Krrish Lobbyman, Mystery, Vince
02-18-2018, 01:01 PM #2
Algebra
[move]mov eax, 69[/move]
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
I started working on this a few hours ago and got some good results. I've only added the very basics but I feel like this could be a pretty sweet project once I start adding all the functionality I've seen so far. I will work on an example stat tracking website using this once I feel like it.

btw this song is playing on Spotify when I made this thread and it's a :borat: song

Awesome work man I'm in a Fortnite community on Facebook I'll ask what features would be nice and past them on to you see if they're worth implementing.
02-19-2018, 11:58 AM #3
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
I started working on this a few hours ago and got some good results. I've only added the very basics but I feel like this could be a pretty sweet project once I start adding all the functionality I've seen so far. I will work on an example stat tracking website using this once I feel like it.

Nice work as usual. I was actually thinking about looking at Fortnite, but now I don't have to. Happy
02-19-2018, 04:42 PM #4
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Originally posted by JB View Post
Nice work as usual. I was actually thinking about looking at Fortnite, but now I don't have to. Happy

ty. someone actually made one already but it was in javascript and i hate javascript You must login or register to view this content. but also for some reason they didn't include the authorization headers you need and require you to manually grab them for some reason lol. I guess they thought it was something account-specific or maybe they know something I don't bush has a fat head
Last edited by Tustin ; 02-19-2018 at 04:44 PM.
02-20-2018, 05:11 PM #5
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Originally posted by Outsider
Tustin hitting up Fortnite Gasp I noticed someone made a website related to Fortnite stats here as well although pretty boogy : You must login or register to view this content.

Those guys make stat lookups for almost every popular game. They also try selling access to their "API" (which is just a proxy API that uses the real API in the background lol) which is kinda why I like making these things for games they already support. You shouldn't be able to sell access to someone else's API. No No
02-21-2018, 05:55 PM #6
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Yea I just noticed they have a lookup system for every popular console game almost. Went to the Rocket League one and shit you not, Digi from way back in the day was right up ontop of the featured list lol, apparently he's top 1000 world wide

I guess it's not a site where they are able to turn much of a profit at all so they resort to selling the API. Seems pretty risky to me if one of those game developers were to catch on and not vibe with it. Like Fortnite for example; if they were to do that with the Fortnite API I feel Epic Games would be on their ass if they found out. Off topic but I really think a miniture Fortnite type site would really succeed that offered: Player Stats/Rankings, a Party Up system, updated news, weapon/skin information and maybe a couple more unique things, it would just need a viral name and social media advertising.

Got one in my discord

02-21-2018, 10:58 PM #7
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Random but would you be able to pull up skins, harvesting tools, etc via the API?

I can get all the items in the store (or maybe all existing items, there’s a lot of data) but I had trouble finding where it gets your current items. I plan on adding that at tho cause I’m sure it’s somewhere
02-22-2018, 02:43 AM #8
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Random but would you be able to pull up skins, harvesting tools, etc via the API?

Found them:

"5783c67a-6ddb-40a5-a775-a47d12322e94": {
"templateId": "AthenaGlider:solo_umbrella",
"attributes": {
"max_level_bonus": 0,
"level": 1,
"item_seen": true,
"xp": 0,
"favorite": false
},
"quantity": 1
},
"f679781f-eaa8-41f4-aeb8-4220922f6623": {
"templateId": "AthenaPickaxe:defaultpickaxe",
},
},
"c886cb3e-7633-4587-9e00-6d0c0c6dd591": {
"templateId": "AthenaGlider:defaultglider",
},
},
"6b1eb40b-2161-4d3a-b84b-35ef2457cc6a": {
"templateId": "AthenaDance:eid_dancemoves",
},
},

Maybe could hack together a site that lets you sync your items to show off?
02-25-2018, 09:12 AM #9
That's exactly what I was thinking, I'm so gutted about missing out on the domain TiltedTowers.com, missed it by 3 days, that would've been a viral site for years if created right

That would have been really cool Happy
02-27-2018, 09:56 PM #10
Tustin
Balls of Steel
I hacked together an example stat tracking website that uses this API wrapper using the Lumen framework. Feel free to take a look if you want a real world application using this. It still needs work but the basic functionality exists.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo