05-21-2012, 05:24 PM #1
OneWound
I am error
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Before I get flammed for saying that it's impossible, I want to know why. Is it because even if you put it in a new map pack or a current one, is the only thing stopping you is that you need to activate it? I want to hear various ideas because I think it would be cool to put custom maps on a PS3 or Xbox, if you had a jtagged xbox or jailbroken ps3. There are so many possibilities, why not try them?
06-03-2012, 09:22 PM #2
Elk
Lithium.
Originally posted by OneWound View Post
Before I get flammed for saying that it's impossible, I want to know why. Is it because even if you put it in a new map pack or a current one, is the only thing stopping you is that you need to activate it? I want to hear various ideas because I think it would be cool to put custom maps on a PS3 or Xbox, if you had a jtagged xbox or jailbroken ps3. There are so many possibilities, why not try them?

I am not to sure if it is possible to make these lobbies even with jtagging etc.. Only PC can do that and which I think is pretty amazing and allows people to share their Idea's.
Never will happen on PS3 or Xbox unless loads of people keep going on and on about it to treyarch
06-03-2012, 09:30 PM #3
No point of this discussion it's just never gonna happen.
06-21-2012, 03:43 AM #4
Old but, you'd have to mod the server to patch and add the PC's functions to the game. For example if you'd want to play it online you'd need the join-and-download function the PC version offers only.
06-28-2012, 09:50 AM #5
signed packages files so that the ps3/game knows its there meaning you need to activate it which sony do.
07-04-2012, 08:20 PM #6
Kellis
LoanWolf
No, this is not possible, and probably never will be.
07-04-2012, 08:22 PM #7
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
Originally posted by ImWelch View Post
No, this is not possible, and probably never will be.

I think it is possible you need to change the header of the custom map to a ps3 one and overwrite it on the ps3 or something uk viper did a tutorial on it..

The following user thanked Dman93 for this useful post:

rainbowgalaxy
07-08-2012, 07:06 PM #8
MxModz1
Little One
If they would allow Custom maps, no one would buy the new DLCs.
But Custom Maps were nice..
07-08-2012, 08:01 PM #9
DlBSY993
There's 0nly 1..
Originally posted by OneWound View Post
I want to know why

Well I can't see why it's impossible?

I haven't looked into it at all, But I'm pretty sure it can be done...

If you can back up COD5 on a 3.55 system it will store the map files somewhere, but I think the easy option is to use the downloaded maps "DLC'S"

The DLC's are stored on the HDD, So if you can modify them and compile them all properly without any corruption.. Im sure it can be done ,

however.

Im not sure about taking them online. Maybe if the person you want to play the map with has the same map and data on his PS3, so both players can load the map. But one thing for sure.. Im pretty confident that it is possible to MODIFY a map such as Killhouse and run it. But I would think there is more to it than there seems.
07-09-2012, 12:33 AM #10
OneWound
I am error
Originally posted by DlBSY993 View Post
Well I can't see why it's impossible?

I haven't looked into it at all, But I'm pretty sure it can be done...

If you can back up COD5 on a 3.55 system it will store the map files somewhere, but I think the easy option is to use the downloaded maps "DLC'S"

The DLC's are stored on the HDD, So if you can modify them and compile them all properly without any corruption.. Im sure it can be done ,

however.

Im not sure about taking them online. Maybe if the person you want to play the map with has the same map and data on his PS3, so both players can load the map. But one thing for sure.. Im pretty confident that it is possible to MODIFY a map such as Killhouse and run it. But I would think there is more to it than there seems.

That's what I was thinking, the only thing I can't see a way around is activating the map, but would you have to? I'm not that great into the scripting scene and such, but it would be interesting to learn!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo