04-10-2013, 09:50 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NGU, today im releasing a tutorial on how to make a cfg menu, please keep in mind this menu will not be amazing it's purely to help teach new people and if you are new to this make sure to read carefully

Step One: Binding Buttons

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"

As you can see i have binded my dpad down to activate no clip
binding is important other wise you wouldn't be able to use binds or open a menu

Step Two: Setting Menu Functions

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"
set Menu "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;

Now i have added some stuff so when the dpad up is pressed it will call "menu" as i have put "vstr Menu"
cg_chattime is how long the options will be displayed and cg_chatheight is how many lines of the menu
(You can not have more than 8 lines of a menu using a say menu)

Step Three: Menu Options

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"
set Menu "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;vstr A1x;vstr B1
set Menu1 "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;vstr A1;vstr B1x

set A1x "say [Account Menu]"
set A1 "say ^5Account Menu"
set B1x "say [Host Menu]"
set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"

So i have now added to options to the menu so when the dpad up is pressed
the options will be displayed but we need to be able to scroll and use functions

Step Four: Menu Scrolling

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"
set Menu "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;vstr A1x;vstr B1;bind dpad_up vstr Menu1;
set Menu1 "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;vstr A1;vstr B1x;bind dpad_up vstr Menu;

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"

So now the menu can scroll upwards and do scroll down use "bind dpad_down"

Step Five: Adding Menu Option Functions

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"
set Menu "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;vstr A1x;vstr B1;bind dpad_up vstr Menu1;bind button_x vstr A1F;
set Menu1 "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;vstr A1;vstr B1x;bind dpad_up vstr Menu;

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"
set C1x "say [Prestige 1]"
set A1F "vstr C1"

"bind button_x" will make it so when i press [] it will use "AF1" and that opens up a sub menu

Step Six: Exiting The Menu

set close "bind button_x +usereload;bind button_b +stance; bind dpad_up vstr Menu; bind dpad_down
bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"

set Menu "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;vstr A1x;vstr B1;bind dpad_up vstr Menu1;bind button_x vstr A1F;bind button_b vstr close;

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"
set A1F "vstr C1"

I have now binded circle so when it's on the account menu option it will close the menu
The code contains binds being reset so you can't use the menu any longer Only by pressing
dpad up which will open up the menu again

Step Seven: Adding Sub Menu's

set Menu "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;vstr A1x;vstr B1;bind dpad_up vstr Menu1;bind button_x vstr A1F;bind button_b vstr close;

set Menu1 "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;vstr A1;vstr B1x;bind dpad_up vstr Menu;Bind button_x vstr B1F"

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"

set C2x "say [Prestige 2]"
set C1 "say Prestige 1"
set C2 "say Prestige 2"

set H1x "say [Super Jump]"
set H2x "say [Super Speed]"
set H1 "say Super Jump"
set H2 "say Super Speed"

set A1F "vstr P1"
set B1F "vstr S1"

set P1 "vstr C1x;vstr C2;
set P2 "vstr C1;vstr C2x;

set S1 "vstr H1x;vstr H2;
set S2 "vstr H1;vstr H2x;

Adding a Sub Menu is little more complex and i suggest you better label your functions than i have done so like your main menu you got to make a structure by doing what i have done on "S1" and "S2" then adding scrolling functions, also if it helps put above each sub menu the name so it helps you see which one your editing

Making A Zombie:

con_minicon 1;
con_miniconlines 12;
con_minicontime 999;

Making a zombie menu is almost the same as making a multiplayer menu but requires different codes, in order for it to open still use say in each option but use "con_minicon" to enable you to see the menu, "con_miniconlines" is the amount of options you can have within a sub menu 16 is the maximum) and "con_minicontime" is the amount of time a option is displayed for.

I hope this tutorial helped some of you new people out on getting started if you need mods to put into your menu's use a dvar thread, A Clean CFG file and a game save editor to help, leave a comment if you want me explain anything in more depth

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Silent Assassin ; 05-09-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Added More Stuff

The following 3 users say thank you to Silent Assassin for this useful post:

FullMetalJack3t, Jacob-And-Britt, YungGleeshTay_x
04-11-2013, 11:15 PM #11
tygouvion123
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Silent
Hello NGU, today im releasing a tutorial on how to make a cfg menu, please keep in mind this menu will not be amazing it's purely to help teach new people and if you are new to this make sure to read carefully

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"

binding is important other wise you wouldn't be able to use binds or open a menu

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"

Now i have added some stuff so when the dpad up is pressed it will call "menu" as i have put "vstr Menu"
cg_chattime is how long the options will be displayed and cg_chatheight is how many lines of the menu

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"

the options will be displayed but we need to be able to scroll and use functions

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"
set Menu "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;vstr A1x;vstr B1;bind dpad_up vstr Menu1;

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"
set Menu "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;vstr A1x;vstr B1;bind dpad_up vstr Menu1;bind button_x vstr A1F;

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"
set A1F "vstr C1"

"bind button_x" will make it so when i press [] it will use "AF1" and that opens up a sub menu

set close "bind button_x +usereload;bind button_b +stance; bind dpad_up vstr Menu; bind dpad_down
bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"
set A1F "vstr C1"

I have now binded circle so when it's on the account menu option it will close the menu
The code contains binds being reset so you can't use the menu any longer Only by pressing

I hope this tutorial helped some of you new people out on getting started if you need mods to put into your menu's use a dvar thread, A Clean CFG file and a game save editor to help, leave a comment if you want me explain anything in more depth

any ideas how to add options to the menu i create?

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

any ideas how to add sub menus in main sub menus and options?
04-12-2013, 08:48 AM #12
Originally posted by tygouvion123 View Post
any ideas how to add options to the menu i create?

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

any ideas how to add sub menus in main sub menus and options?

I will post an extra step on adding sub menu's and options within the sub menu's

so make sure to check back
04-12-2013, 11:07 PM #13
tygouvion123
Climbing up the ladder
Thank you i am now trying to make a cfg thanks for ur help
04-13-2013, 12:27 AM #14
Nicely written tutorial you should do more like this for the w@w community
04-13-2013, 05:41 AM #15
Originally posted by 2010mj View Post
Nicely written tutorial you should do more like this for the w@w community

tbh im probably going to move onto cod 4 GSC as im abit bored of w@w but i maybe do some stuff
04-13-2013, 05:43 AM #16
lol what ever you do , its your choice , stick to something your good at (y)
04-13-2013, 06:07 AM #17
makeabce
I defeated!
Originally posted by Silent
Hello NGU, today im releasing a tutorial on how to make a cfg menu, please keep in mind this menu will not be amazing it's purely to help teach new people and if you are new to this make sure to read carefully

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"
set A1F "vstr C1"

bind DPAD_DOWN "noclip"
bind DPAD_UP "vstr Menu"

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"
set A1F "vstr C1"

Step Seven: Adding Sub Menu's

set Menu1 "set cg_chattime 25000;cg_chatheight 8;vstr A1;vstr B1x;bind dpad_up vstr Menu;Bind button_x vstr B1F"

set B1 "say ^5Host Menu"

set C2x "say [Prestige 2]"
set C1 "say Prestige 1"
set C2 "say Prestige 2"

set H1x "say [Super Jump]"
set H2x "say [Super Speed]"
set H1 "say Super Jump"
set H2 "say Super Speed"

set A1F "vstr P1"
set B1F "vstr S1"

set P1 "vstr C1x;vstr C2;
set P2 "vstr C1;vstr C2x;

set S1 "vstr H1x;vstr H2;
set S2 "vstr H1;vstr H2x;

Adding a Sub Menu is little more complex and i suggest you better label your functions than i have done so like your main menu you got to make a structure by doing what i have done on "S1" and "S2" then adding scrolling functions, also if it helps put above each sub menu the name so it helps you see which one your editing

Nice tutorial,this is going to help beginners(not n00bs :dumb: ) But just wondering, why you uploaded ''Clean CFG File''? Everyone can make own .cfg in a notepad. (Simply add these text's and click save as: Beginner.cfg) You need to type the .cfg end by yourself.
04-13-2013, 06:23 AM #18
Originally posted by makeabce View Post
Nice tutorial,this is going to help beginners(not n00bs :dumb: ) But just wondering, why you uploaded ''Clean CFG File''? Everyone can make own .cfg in a notepad. (Simply add these text's and click save as: Beginner.cfg) You need to type the .cfg end by yourself.

some people don't even know to make a cfg file so it just there if any one needs it and idk what your on about with noobs and beginners
05-05-2013, 01:24 AM #19
Ty for this tut I know I'm way behind the times playing with cfg's and W@W but everyone started somewhere rightSmile

My Q is if I read the last two comments correctly, then all I have to do to edit a cfg file I already have. Is after I finish in notepad is add cfg to the end of the save like if I'm changing a gfx image to jpg format? Cause i have a great zombies SP menu I love but the God mode isn't working, and my kids would enjoy it mode if I could fix god mode.

Wow this is the best dang thing I heard in weeks.. ///////thank you ALL so much/////////
Last edited by FullMetalJack3t ; 05-05-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo