06-28-2013, 11:13 AM #1
CEO
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Attention!
This guide is intended to help or enhance ones knowledge on the JTAG/RGH modified console.I take no responsibility for any mistake you make by using my guide. I hope I have helped you in anyway, Enjoi!

JTAG/RGH Status: Online

If you are looking at this tutorial for advice on how to JTAG your console I would like to say if you console is on a dashboard version above 7379 it cannot be Jtagged without having to brick it. With that being said if you barely grasp the concept of jtagging and your console is above 7379 do NOT try an JTAG it.

Motherboards

Xenon
Zephyr
Falcon
Opus
Jasper
Trinity"Valhalla"
Corona

What is a JTAG?
A JTAG is a modified console that has been exploited to run Un-assigned code.

What is a RGH?
An RGH or Rest Glitch Hack is basically the same thing as a JTAG but, the RGH has the added benefit of allowing you to dual boot using a dual nand chip to have an exploited console and a live console.

Motherboard info

Xenon-One of the more common motherboards is the xenon it is infamous for its RRoD problem, time recommended to have the console running(3-4 hours). The xenon is one of the most common consoles due to the fact it can take both type 1 and type 2 KVs, and because it is the best online console.

Zephyr-The xenons twin besides the fact it has an HDMI port and can only use type 2 KVs.

Falcon-2nd best online motherboard can only use type 2 KVs and its heats up lesss rapidly than the Xenon and Zephyr.

Opus- A very uncommon motherboard do to the face it lives in the falcon's shadow. It has no HDMI port and only takes type 1 KVs.

Jasper
-The rarest and most reliable motherboard ever made. The RRoD to the Jasper is alomst not heard of. It takes type 2 KVs and is like I said the most reliable JTAG to date!

Trinity-This motherboard was spawned in 2010 and is the FIRST Slim motherboard! It is almost exact with the jasper besides the fact it is a slim.

Corona-Same as trinity except the hardware used in the corona slightly less chance of RRoD, of course just like the Jasper and Trinity motherboard it uses type 2 KVs.

Motherboard Price Ranges

NOTE: These prices are for the console its self not including Power Brick, AV Cables, HDD, Preloads,LEDs, or other modifications.

Xenon- 90-120$

Zephyr-100-145$

Falcon-120-150$

Opus-120-140$

Jasper- 180-220$

Trinity-190-230$

Corona-200-240$

How do I

JTAG my console

Part 1:You must login or register to view this content.
Part 2:You must login or register to view this content.
Part 3:You must login or register to view this content.

RGH my console
COMING SOON!

Fix Bad NAND flash

What you will need!
1. Original/Working NAND Dump Renamed to updflash.bin

2. USB Drive

3. Hands & Fingers

4. A computer or laptop

What you need to do is drag the working updflash.bin into the root of the USB. Turn off JTAG, Unplug all Cables, from your JTAG then, plug your USB into the front slot of your JTAG then, connect the AV Cable and then connect the power cord. Plug your Xbox into the power outlet then turn your xbox Via the **Eject button thus starting XeLL Wait for XeLL to finish updating then do a Power Cycle. Then your all done, your JTAG/RGH is fixed!

Fix christmas lights[/COLOR]

First you will need to rename your original nand or xbr image to updflash.bin then, put it on a usb drive that is formatted to FAT32. Plug it into your 360 and turn console on via the eject button then, let xell do its update After that Unplug back power cables for about 30 seconds then plug every thing back in and you should see the dashboard.

Unlock DLC (Map Packs/Indie Games

Tutorial:You must login or register to view this content.

Get free indie games
You must login or register to view this content.

Unban my JTAG

To un-ban your JTAG/RGH you would use a Keyvault(KV) and what is a KV you might ask? A KeyVault (KV) is basically a file that holds information about your Xbox and is what Microsoft uses to identify your Xbox when you attempt to connect to Xbox Live.To un-ban your console you would extract a keyvault from another un-banned modified console(JTAG) and replace it with your banned one. By doing this when your JTAG tries to connect on Xbox LIVE microsoft thinks your console is the console you extracted the KV from.People usually sell KVs now a days for around 25-30$. You can only extrace a KV from another modified console a retail or store bought console will not allow you to extract its KV.

Install Avatar and Kinect Updates on 16203

Please note!
This is not a Dashboard Update Tutorial.
To follow this tutorial, You must already be on the 16203 Dashboard.

To check what dashboard your currently on
Press your guide button on your controller
Go to 'Settings', Scroll down to 'System Settings' then hit [A].
Now click 'Console Settings', Scroll down to 'System Info'.
On the right hand side, it will tell you your dash.
2.0.XXXXX.0 - The 'XXXXX' is the dashboard your on, and if it doesn't sat 16203, Follow this Tutorial First.
Update Soon.

Now we have that out the way, Im pressuming your on the right dashboard to follow the tutorial!

Step 1:
Download this System Update:
[url]https://download.digi...2.0.16203.0.zip[/url]

If you get the error about being too greedy, just right click the link now click 'Copy link address'
Just paste it into the URL bar

Step 2:
Use winrar/7Zip or something similar to extract the folder to a USB stick.

Step 3:
Once you have the '$Systemupdate' Folder on your USB, Go ahead and insert the USB into your JTAG/RGH.

Step 4
Once Your console has Booted, You should be prompt with an Update, But Continue Reading before confirming anything.
If, you don't get a notification to update, you may have to try boot in to XEXMenu, then you should get the notification, asking for an update.
**You need to disable noupdater in your launch.ini**

Once you have received your update notification, please check that it looks like this, You must login or register to view this content.
If its the same as the image above, then go ahead and confirm it, wait for it to complete and your console should restart.
You now have avatars and kinect support!

If it doesn't say that, then it will most likely say,"An update has been found. To apply it, you need to restart your console.

In this case, Do NOT download the update.
This means your on the incorrect dashboard and is not safe to update.
If you got the notification the same as the above, it means you was not on the correct dash and should refer to the top of this post for more details.

Disable my JTAG from attempting to XboxLIVE

Step 1: Turn your JTAG/RGH on and navigate to Dashlunch

Step 2: Go into> Network

Step 3: Find "LiveBlock"

Step 4: If enabled or has a green dot by it disable it.

Step 5: Save your settings

I unlike many people I didn't know after disabling it I had to save settings so with that being said my RGH is currently banned.

What can a JTAG be used for?

System Link Lobbies
Example:You must login or register to view this content.

Homebrew

Emulators

Mod Games

Get Xbox LIVE Arcade games/DLC's for free

Play LiNK
LiNK is a way to system link with other JTAGs from around the world for free

Mod Games ONLINE
and +much more!

Were would I buy a JTAG/RGH?

I don't know if there are any JTAG sellers on NGU due to the majority of the members play PS3 but I can provide you to a very trusted friend of mine(I bought my RGH from him) ATTENTION STAFF: PLEASE CONTACT ME SO YOU CAN VIEW HIS Website and services to vouch or ask me to remove this**)

What is the best ONLINE hosting console

1st: Xenon
2nd:Falcon

What is the best OFFLINE hosting console

1st:Jasper
2nd:Trinity
(Or vice versa)

Frequently asked questions[/FONT]:

Will I get banned if I host online?
Answer: When modding there is ALWAYS a chance of ban.

Can I buy a JTAG from you?
Answer: No.

Can I unban a KV
Answer: No a Banned KV might as well be burned and destroyed.

Can you host a challenge lobby for me
Answer: NO if your not Elite.

Can you sell me a KV
Answer: No.

How many types of modded consoles are there?
There are currently 3. 1. JTAG 2. RGH . R-JTAG

More questions will be added from the questions you asked below! It took me a while to make this so please show me some gratitude and tell me how I did. Thank you guys enjoy the rest of your day and happy modding!
[/COLOR]
Last edited by CEO ; 05-24-2015 at 12:10 AM.

The following 23 users say thank you to CEO for this useful post:

-SuperMan, {H} | Exception, AlexNGU, Gambler, Asian, B o n e, Boliberrys, BriceC, BrinkerzHD, Choco, deneo24, Groovy, Jay NaStY, MODZ4FUN420, NulledTech, Darth Saul, PSNServices, ResistTheSun, sebi1234, SnaY, Sync, xso1id
06-29-2013, 06:59 AM #2
deneo24
Youtube.com/DenesCodClips
Nice tutorial! Did lots of google searching of sections of this but it seems as though it wasn't a simple copy and paste, nice work! :y:
06-29-2013, 10:10 AM #3
CEO
Climbing up the ladder
Thank you man! More will be added!
Last edited by CEO ; 06-30-2013 at 04:43 AM.
06-29-2013, 12:23 PM #4
CEO
Climbing up the ladder
*UPDATED new info!
06-30-2013, 12:12 AM #5
Vronic
Pokemon Trainer
thanks for this nice tutorial=D
06-30-2013, 09:17 PM #6
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Shutdown View Post
*UPDATED new info!

Thanks for posting this Smile
Even got a thanks off Outie.
06-30-2013, 10:31 PM #7
CEO
Climbing up the ladder
I know I feel so cool Smile.
07-01-2013, 06:51 PM #8
Very nice looking tutorial here! Too bad more people on the site aren't Xbox modding fans.
07-05-2013, 11:32 PM #9
B o n e
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Good stuff dude :p
I only mod on PS3 but I also have an xbox Smile
07-07-2013, 07:20 AM #10
RuszXMC
Do a barrel roll!
This is the best JTag guide. I really appreaciate the help!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo