09-20-2010, 05:18 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
HDMI Cable / Digital Optical Adapter Hack

Don’t waste money on a Xbox 360 Premium HDMI cable!

If you’re like me, you ordered the xbox 360 Premium instead of the 360 Elite because you wanted to save money. However, if you want HDMI going to your TV and Digital Optical to your surround sound, Microsoft has engineered the Premium in a way that requires you to purchase their HDMI cable with audio adapter for $49.99.

You must login or register to view this content.

Because the HDMI and componet A/V cable slots are so close to one another, and the componet A/V casing is so thick, you cannot have both plugged in at the same time.

You must login or register to view this content. + You must login or register to view this content.
= NOT FRIENDS

So the question remains, how can we stick it to the man and achieve HDMI video and Digital Optical audio without paying microsoft $50.

First, purchase a Hdmi Cable for less than $10.

Second, remove the plastic casing from the standard A/V cable. I did this by wedging a knife between the slit in the plastic casing and seperating the two sides. See the pictures below for the finished product:

You must login or register to view this content.You must login or register to view this content.You must login or register to view this content.You must login or register to view this content.You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

Simple solution - cheap fix.

Please press the THANKS button if you found this Useful

The following user thanked NextGenTactics for this useful post:

RobbieC
09-20-2010, 07:01 PM #2
Thanks Alot ! Didn't use it for that reason but this also works for getting the sound to my Turtle Beach x31 while using the HDMI lead! Happy
09-20-2010, 08:48 PM #3
xSLx
Banned
Originally posted by RobbieC View Post
Thanks Alot ! Didn't use it for that reason but this also works for getting the sound to my Turtle Beach x31 while using the HDMI lead! Happy

Does HDMI Affect Turtle Beach?
09-20-2010, 11:28 PM #4
Snapback
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by xSLx View Post
Does HDMI Affect Turtle Beach?

I dont think so.

I did this a while ago for my turtle beaches. I didnt even know they made that audio adapter thing.
09-29-2010, 01:46 AM #5
thanks! this saved me money

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo