Post: Xbox Phat HDD to Xbox S/ Western digital laptop HDD hack.
11-27-2012, 09:05 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I'm new to this website and saw a forum from awhile back about using the xbox phat drive into the xbox s, couldn't reply to it though. They way he'd have you do it is more complicated than need be..All you have to do is take the HDD out of the casing COMPLETELY. No adapter or anything, just the the HDD. You can plug it straight in to the Xbox S. It might be a bit difficult without the xbox s hdd casing but trust me it will fit without it. Thats really all there is to that, let's move on.

I won't go into full detail, I just wanted to point out the phat hdd to slim hdd but I'll give a little details to the Western Digital hack though I'm sure there's probably a tut on it somewhere around here. What you'll need to do is make a bootable flash drive, download HDDHACKR and the desired security sector file of the size of xbox hdd you want. If you have a 320gb or higher western digital, you can use the 320..pretty much any legit xbox hdd size you want as long as it doesnt exceed your WD hdd. You'll place hddhackr and the security secotr onto the usb, restart your pc, unplug your internal hdd, use the cords that were in your internal drive and plug it into the WD hdd. just because im lazy, Im going to C/P this youtube link for the actual tutorial on what to DL and how exactly to do it.

As far as I know oyu can only use Western Digital right now, only certain ones are compatible but more than likely if you have a WD HDD it's compatible. Next time I post I won't be as lazy, I really just wanted to point out the phat HDD to slim HDD that someone else made complications that didn't need to be.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo