I recommend a Mod Sticky's this as it will help alot of noobs out.
I had problems getting mine setup but now I have got it working I will go through this tutorial that shall hopefully help you out.
- Kmeaw's Custom Firmware
- GTA IV Retail
- Gaio Backup Manager
Download Link for Mods + Backup Manager:
1. Install Kmeaw's firmware onto your PS3
2. Install the Gaio Manager
3. Backup your GTA IV inside Gaio Manager, make sure you have at least 15GB of Disk Space
4. Once completed open Blackb0x ftp Server
5. Open Filezilla and go to dev_hdd0/GAMEZ/
6. There should be a folder in there, open that then PS3_HOME
7. Then USBDIR
8. Now copy the mods (common.rpf) into that folder, it should overwrite.
9. Restart your PS3 and start Gaio Manager
10. Press L2 and go down to GTA IV
11. Press X and it should start successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no common.rpf?
You must of backed up your game, the mods do not go on the patch.
I am stuck forever on "Starting a new game..
Back out of GTA IV and delete it from Game Data Utility and run GTA IV again.
Hope my tutorial has helped some.