10-18-2012, 09:05 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi. I'm been having some troubles with my dvd drive lately. It boots up the games but when it tries to load a mission or a cutscene, it gives me unreadable disc error. I bought a new laser and a new worm motor thinking that it will solve the 03-57-00 error but it didn't. The laser that I bought gives me the 03-57-00 error but the old laser that I switch doesn't as frequently? At least on my old laser it would boot up the games but the new laser doesn't. I really don't know what to do. I have a Hitachi (HL Data) GDR-3120L dvd drive. I also found out that on my old laser it would also give me a 06-2E-00 error code if I put in a really scratched up game.
10-18-2012, 09:39 PM #2
welliegs
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by TheLastMexican View Post
Hi. I'm been having some troubles with my dvd drive lately. It boots up the games but when it tries to load a mission or a cutscene, it gives me unreadable disc error. I bought a new laser and a new worm motor thinking that it will solve the 03-57-00 error but it didn't. The laser that I bought gives me the 03-57-00 error but the old laser that I switch doesn't as frequently? At least on my old laser it would boot up the games but the new laser doesn't. I really don't know what to do. I have a Hitachi (HL Data) GDR-3120L dvd drive. I also found out that on my old laser it would also give me a 06-2E-00 error code if I put in a really scratched up game.

So whats your question?
Is it a stock drive?
10-18-2012, 09:51 PM #3
Originally posted by welliegs View Post
So whats your question?
Is it a stock drive?

How do fix this problem? And what do you mean about if it's a stock drive?
10-19-2012, 07:02 AM #4
welliegs
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by TheLastMexican View Post
How do fix this problem? And what do you mean about if it's a stock drive?

Clear the Cache, Here iss how
    https://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

If this doesnt work then you have a hardware failure and will need to buy either a new disk drive or a new xbox
10-19-2012, 07:05 AM #5
Originally posted by welliegs View Post
Clear the Cache, Here iss how
    https://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

If this doesnt work then you have a hardware failure and will need to buy either a new disk drive or a new xbox

nice avatar stare i like stare
10-25-2012, 06:09 AM #6
ok what is your xbox360 model year it should say at the back
10-25-2012, 12:20 PM #7
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Sounds like a faulty drive from the start. You should've sent it in for repair then. Now that you've opened up the console and installed you're own, Microsoft won't take it.

Sounds like your console isn't accepting the new drive either.

What I'd do is put the old one back in if you still have it.

Then contact Microsoft for a repair. If your warranty is out, then it will cost $150 USD (compared to $250+ for a new one).

Slims are notorious for their drives going out one year from the manufacture date.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo