05-23-2013, 12:15 PM #1
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So that gaming headset you could have just purchased from Astro, Tritton, Turtle Beach or various others. Wouldn't you think it would work with the current Gen and Next Gen Consoles? Well you are incorrect when you talk about the Xbox!

So I guessed this would be an issue when Microsoft never showed the lower portion of the controller at the reveal event, and no media were allowed to take a shot of the controller from that angle!

Microsoft have decided to go with a proprietary connection for the chat cable, this is so they can lock down the third party market and products will need to be licensed to be released to the public, its not like I see Astro, Tritton and Turtle Beach struggling to get a Licence to create these headsets!

What can this mean that they are going for a proprietary connection type? Well if you play Xbox 360 you may be aware of these words "Unplug your mic" "Mic" and "Robot Voice". Having a locked down connection type could mean better connections and no issues with the chat that will be taking place!

One company I can see having a first set of Licensed headsets being released will be Tritton as they already have a Licence with the Tritton Warheads! Could we see headsets connecting via the Wi-Fi Direct! This is how the Controllers will connect to the Xbox One!
05-23-2013, 12:18 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Jake View Post
So that gaming headset you could have just purchased from Astro, Tritton, Turtle Beach or various others. Wouldn't you think it would work with the current Gen and Next Gen Consoles? Well you are incorrect when you talk about the Xbox!

So I guessed this would be an issue when Microsoft never showed the lower portion of the controller at the reveal event, and no media were allowed to take a shot of the controller from that angle!

Microsoft have decided to go with a proprietary connection for the chat cable, this is so they can lock down the third party market and products will need to be licensed to be released to the public, its not like I see Astro, Tritton and Turtle Beach struggling to get a Licence to create these headsets!

What can this mean that they are going for a proprietary connection type? Well if you play Xbox 360 you may be aware of these words "Unplug your mic" "Mic" and "Robot Voice". Having a locked down connection type could mean better connections and no issues with the chat that will be taking place!

One company I can see having a first set of Licensed headsets being released will be Tritton as they already have a Licence with the Tritton Warheads! Could we see headsets connecting via the Wi-Fi Direct! This is how the Controllers will connect to the Xbox One!

i never understood why people pay $250 for headsets for the xbox and ps3 that have the sound quality of $100 sennheisers, my gaming pc has real surround sound
05-23-2013, 12:18 PM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Same as the current 360 :p
05-23-2013, 12:18 PM #4
Alt
Banned
:|

Right, off to eBay I go to sell my headset.
05-23-2013, 01:33 PM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Alt View Post
:|

Right, off to eBay I go to sell my headset.

Should work the same as the current system.
You need a jack to put it into the controller.

stare
05-23-2013, 01:38 PM #6
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post

stare

stare

Hope my headset works with the PS4 also.
05-24-2013, 12:57 PM #7
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!

stare

Its a new connector and Microsoft are licencing with Headset manufacturers for the headsets, so far only Turtle Beach have a licence to use the new connector standard!
05-24-2013, 01:19 PM #8
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
I see Tritton releasing the new connector separately for anyone who currently owns their products. I don't foresee it being expensive either.

Id' hold off on selling your headsets just yet, see what the major headset companies plan to do first.
05-24-2013, 02:03 PM #9
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Jake View Post
Its a new connector and Microsoft are licencing with Headset manufacturers for the headsets, so far only Turtle Beach have a licence to use the new connector standard!

Hope the others follow suit.
Going to need a new headset soon Smile
05-24-2013, 02:07 PM #10
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
Hope the others follow suit.
Going to need a new headset soon Smile

Glad this news came around now, Was looking for a new headset recently!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo