07-23-2014, 07:23 AM #1
DirtyBirD
Jerry Love
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I myself bought an Xbox One today to check it out so I will most certainly be cleaning up this section with resources I have. It's a pretty good system I've noticed so far

Xbox One sales in US in June were double that of the prior month following the release of the Kinect-less bundle, the company has claimed.

"Since the new Xbox One offering launched on June 9, we've seen sales of Xbox One more than double in the US, compared to sales in May," said the firm in an announcement late Wednesday afternoon.

This is according to "internal data based on retail calendar and sold through numbers".

This backs a previous statement from US retailer GameStop's senior VP of merchandising Bob Puzon, who said last month that US consumers had responded strongly to the $399 product and that units were 'flying off the shelves'.

"It's a huge win and a huge opportunity for us," said Puzon.

According to figures from industry tracking firm NPD Group, Sony's PS4 has dominated its rivals in the US hardware charts for five consecutive months (January-May), with Xbox One only having lead sales in December 2013. NPD sales figures for June are expected this week.

In May, Microsoft announced plans to drop Kinect as a mandatory Xbox One accessory, selling standalone Xbox One consoles without the device for $399.99, $100 less than it's previous $500 price.

The move was critical, since developers can no longer rely upon the Kinect's availability with every Xbox One user, and thus support for the device is expected to suffer in the long term. Regardless, Microsoft has stated it remains committed to the peripheral.

The firm has also outlined how a new Xbox One developer kit (XDK) will give game creators access to additional system resources that were previously allocated to Kinect.
Last edited by DirtyBirD ; 07-23-2014 at 07:25 AM.
07-23-2014, 12:34 PM #2
KnightUK
Bounty hunter
Microsoft have always been quick to respond to their customers. Almost makes me want to go back to an Xbox, if they can just announce some killer exclusives, if not I'm staying PS4 for the foreseeable
07-23-2014, 08:47 PM #3
DirtyBirD
Jerry Love
Originally posted by OriginUK View Post
Microsoft have always been quick to respond to their customers. Almost makes me want to go back to an Xbox, if they can just announce some killer exclusives, if not I'm staying PS4 for the foreseeable
I still prefer the PS4 just wanted to try something new. Xbox is desperate for positive press so I think thats why they came out with news since they were struggling to compete. Gaming is about to get really good

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo