08-04-2008, 11:10 PM #1
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ^_^ This forum was my idea, so I'll go ahead and make the first post. And yes, I actually have something related to the forum topic to post about.

Last night I took a bunch of data from my web spider and made a graph showing five popular social networking sites. The spider currently has 17.1GB of data. Note that I consider the data to be incomplete, but it still paints a good pictures of the social networks. Be sure to click the bar above the image to view it at full resolution.

Legend:
Red - myspace.com
Blue - facebook.com
Orange - xanga.com
Green - linkedin.com
Yellow - spaces.live.com

You must login or register to view this content.

More to come in the future. Please suggest other large social networks that you'd like to see on the graph. I can also make graphs of any other groups of websites that I have indexed.

-Mark
08-04-2008, 11:16 PM #2
I'm sorry, call me a noob, but I don't get it.
08-04-2008, 11:21 PM #3
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by gobucks31 View Post
I'm sorry, call me a noob, but I don't get it.

Sorry, I could have put more of an explanation. What this graph shows is the links between website domains. This graph is limited to the 5 websites listed above and color coded based on which site a link is for. For example, it allows you to see which sites two or more social networks have in common if they all meet up. Or you can tell the relative popularity of a network based on how many sites it is linked to from or how many link to it. The graph has thousands and thousands of links so it is zoomed out a LOT to fit on your screen. Each little dot at the end of a line is a unique domain.
08-04-2008, 11:46 PM #4
Cobra-D
Smells Like Teen Spirit
yeah well you lost me. Anyways nice graph facebook is the best, followed by myspace, urgh how i hate myspace.
08-05-2008, 05:32 AM #5
elfmotat
Rᵤᵥ - ½gᵤᵥR ∝ Tᵤᵥ
Originally posted by D View Post
urgh how i hate myspace.

ever since Dateline's to catch a predator right?

thats pretty cool. and to think that NGU is almost certainly one of those little dots.
08-06-2008, 01:02 PM #6
LegenD
Proxze
Bebo is a social networking site my freinds use at school.
08-06-2008, 01:14 PM #7
Originally posted by D View Post
yeah well you lost me. Anyways nice graph facebook is the best, followed by myspace, urgh how i hate myspace.

I know it is off topic, but if you weren't joking, I also hate myspace.
08-06-2008, 01:15 PM #8
wow that's cool, nice job magglass

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo