08-04-2013, 10:11 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok, first off I apologize if it's posted on a wrong board (this one seemed the most appropriate) or is a duplicate (which I doubt. Again, if I am wrong I beg you not to delete this one -- we're kinda desperate right now. Smile Thanks!)

Now to business. Smile

Me and my brother decided to turn our regular RGH box to a dual-nand monster using the nandwich scheme. And while my brother has been soldering stuff for more than 15 years now, which means we're pretty much sure about that part of the job, we have a little trouble when it comes to writing nands. I know, I know: "Just run J-Runner and press Write Nand, goddammit!" If this is irritating for you, then I sincerely apologize for ruining your day, you may close the thread and continue on with your business. Smile Now for the kind people who are still willing to help -- what I am asking here is a good step-by-step guide from the point where we're now. Let me explain in detail with images.

You must login or register to view this content.
So, here's our nandwich with Freeboot nand below and a clean nand I just bought intended for retail dump at the top. The second picture is our LPT/JTAG cable.
The question is -- as far as we understand the console should be turned on for us to be able to write our second nand? Not just power cable connected but actually turned on? Am I wrong? If it is -- then first time we tried to turn it on it didn't respond (only playing the familiar sound but nothing else -- no lights, nothing). Second time when we tried it with our improved cable it did start, but the fan was howling so loud that we decided to turn it off right away, afraid that we might do something wrong. Smile

We have our cable connected to coolrunner and the other end to the PC. Should be able to write it that way, no? If I am mistaken, then please help us with this.

At least the first nand with freeboot still works fine.

So, any help on this? How to write the added nand with our retail dump using the stuff we have?
All the other guides on the internet are either too vague and never mention anything past soldering your nandwich, either describe how to make dual-nand console using third-party products.

Thanks a lot in advance!
08-14-2013, 10:02 AM #2
Have you tried writing to the nand in stand by mode? No power to console? You might need to use nandpro.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo