03-03-2015, 12:22 AM #1
Absolute Zero
Do your homework, fool.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
How to Debug Exo Zombies
by: Absolute Zero

About

So, zombies has been out for about 5 days now, and nobody has figured this out yet (and released it) so I figured I would help all you out that are tired of using CEX on Zombies Happy

How is this done?

I figured this out simply by knowing that the game uses the EBOOT to launch the game, and that is why converting an mp SELF to an EBOOT takes us straight to online, because the mp SELF is what is executed when you switch to mp from the main menu. With that being said, I found that simply creating a debugged SELF and replacing the default_mp.self in your game's directory will allow you to DEBUG both MP and ZM from the same file. Anyways, Happy

Prerequisites

-A DEX PS3 with a newer firmware (Tested and working on 4.65.2 REBUG, as this is the firmware I have)

-Little to no time

-A brain (Not even a full one, half will do xD)

-TrueAncestor SELF resigner and make_fself (Provided in tutorial)

Let's begin!

Step One

-Download TrueAncestor and make_fself You must login or register to view this content.

TrueAncestor virus scan: You must login or register to view this content.

make_fself virus scan: You must login or register to view this content.

-Download the clean unmodified default EBOOT for 1.09 You must login or register to view this content.

-The last thing you will need is a clean default_mp.self, which you can also get You must login or register to view this content.

Step Two

-Once you have all of the files downloaded, you will need to put the default_mp.self file into the self folder inside of the TrueAncestor SELF Resigner folder.

-Launch TrueAncestor with resigner.exe, and when it is open you will see a menu with quite a few options.

-Insert the number 4 and press enter, this option is to decrypt the SELF into an ELF file.

-You will see the SELF file you entered on the next menu, insert the number 1 and press enter, this will begin decrypting the SELF into an ELF. When it is completed, you will find the ELF file in the self folder where you dropped the SELF file originally.

Step Three

-Now that you have your default_mp.elf, we can convert it into a debugged SELF by simply using make_fself. Locate the make_fself.exe file you downloaded, and put the default_mp.elf file into the same folder. Shift right click in the folder and select the "open command window here" to open a command prompt.

-Simply type make_fself default_mp.elf default_mp.self and press enter. If you typed it correctly, you will see a brand new default_mp.self in the folder with make_fself and your default_mp.self.

Step Four

-Remember that clean EBOOT you downloaded earlier? You will need that now. Turn your PS3 on and go into any FTP server homebrew you have installed, and locate your Advanced Warfare user directory folder (devhdd0/game/yourregionhere/USRDIR/

-Take the clean EBOOT you downloaded and rename it to EBOOT, and of course make sure it is a BIN file (which it is)

-Grab your new default_mp.self you converted with make_fself, grab the EBOOT, and drag them both into your URSDIR folder. This will replace any EBOOT file you already had on, so make sure that you have a backup of it if you need it. (Simply renaming it will do the trick)

And you're done!

All that there is left to do is to go on to Advanced Warfare to test. Make sure you are signed off when you do this, as you will need to set an antiban before going online. Once the game is started, you will be at the main menu. Click Exo Zombies, and once it is loaded you will see the default_mp.self process show up in Debugger, ready to be attached to!

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, I hope it helped. I really don't like CCAPI, so having debugger back has saved me a lot of time and headaches!

If you wish to use the default_mp.self for Zombies and Multiplayer, you will need anti ban for the main menu as well which is located in the default.self file. Luckily, I have one that I will share Happy You must login or register to view this content.

Credits to eddie mac for the single player/main menu anti ban default.self
Credits to Prom1ses for the anti-ban

Simply move that to to your URSDIR folder and replace the original default.self, and when you load into the game you can be in the Main Menu online without worrying about ban!

Enjoy.

Alternatively, you can download premade ones here: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Absolute Zero ; 03-05-2015 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Updated file links for 1.10

The following 12 users say thank you to Absolute Zero for this useful post:

BaSs_HaXoR, Bigmoneyhustlin, BISOON, clark1226, Eddie Mac, Franky, Jay NaStY, Smoky420, SyGnUs, vse7en, xIce KiLLaH
03-03-2015, 02:24 AM #11
Jpd46
Haxor!
Not everyone no how to do that so why don't you put a link with your debug eboot zombies lol
03-03-2015, 02:36 AM #12
Absolute Zero
Do your homework, fool.
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
You could edit the start of the eboot like bo2 did to force it to boot exo zombie :p

Just lemme know how switching EBOOTs is more convenient than not having to touch your files, and i'll be on the same boat as you. Happy

The following user thanked Absolute Zero for this useful post:

Bigmoneyhustlin
03-03-2015, 02:37 AM #13
Absolute Zero
Do your homework, fool.
Originally posted by Jpd46 View Post
Not everyone no how to do that so why don't you put a link with your debug eboot zombies lol

I wrote this tutorial to TEACH people, if you are too lazy to take the 5 minutes to follow along, I'm sorry but you don't belong in the modding community. Peace
03-03-2015, 02:41 AM #14
BISOON
Maggbot timeout!
Really Help full Thanks :wub:
03-03-2015, 02:46 AM #15
Absolute Zero
Do your homework, fool.
Originally posted by BISOON View Post
Really Help full Thanks :wub:

Thanks man, I appreciate the constructive feedback Smile

The following user thanked Absolute Zero for this useful post:

BISOON
03-03-2015, 02:58 AM #16
ImHaXUnique
Space Ninja
It's better to learn these things, can help in future. Thanks! Smile
03-03-2015, 03:00 AM #17
Absolute Zero
Do your homework, fool.
Originally posted by ImHaXUnique View Post
It's better to learn these things, can help in future. Thanks! Smile

Exactly what i'm saying man, thanks for learning!
03-03-2015, 03:05 AM #18
SC58
Former Staff
Originally posted by Absolute
Cool do it then

Anyone could easily port it from bo2, but im on real dex so i can boot npdrm debug .self so there no point, i was just saying so people could know as most prob don't :p
03-03-2015, 03:14 AM #19
Absolute Zero
Do your homework, fool.
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
Anyone could easily port it from bo2, but im on real dex so i can boot npdrm debug .self so there no point, i was just saying so people could know as most prob don't :p

Ok cool

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo