Post: Jailbreak iphone 3g and Ipod touch on firmware 3.1.3 Tutorial
03-20-2010, 09:11 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok this is a guide i have put together so you can jailbreak your iphone and ipod touch I have made this guide so its easy for you. You should already be on 3.1.3 you need to download the older 3.1.2 firmware for this to work.

First you need to download on your computer the 3.1.2 firmware for your model below (You should already be on 3.1.3)

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 2G You must login or register to view this content.

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3G You must login or register to view this content.

Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 for iPhone 3GS You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 1G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 2G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

iPod Touch 3G Firmware 3.1.2 You must login or register to view this content.

Once you have downloaded the firmware file for your model keep it somewhere you can find it easy like desktop etc.
Now download redsn0w jailbreak tool here.

Mac OSX x86-You must login or register to view this content.
Windows-You must login or register to view this content.
And unzip it with winrar right now thats done follow this guide

1. Open redsn0w.Click the browse button to Browse for iPhone/Touch 3.1.2 firmware that you downloaded from the above links. Yes you need to select 3.1.2 firmware for redsn0w not 3.1.3. Click “Next”.
You must login or register to view this content.
2. Select “Install Cydia” box only and click “Next”.

3. Make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer and click “Next”.
4. Redsn0w will guide you to put the device in DFU mode. Do exactly as shown.
5. Redsn0w will do its work now.Sit back and relax while it jailbreaks your iPhone/Touch.

You now have a jailbroken iPhone/Touch Smile
Last edited by SLY2010 ; 04-04-2010 at 06:12 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to SLY2010 for this useful post:

MsM94, NGU Fusionzz
03-28-2010, 01:31 PM #20
Originally posted by another user
lolz thanks for the big red circyle... not that i didnt notice the browsr button before =]

no ive downloaded it and its a .DMG file. i tryed renaming it to .ipsw but then redsn0w didnt accept the file... it cudnt reconize it

Ok thats weird send me the link to the firmware that you have download and i look into it for you

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Originally posted by SuPeRxHeRo View Post
i save it to my desktop. and i extract here...but i cant find the file that says ipsw....

Try downloading the file using FireFox browser.
03-28-2010, 02:53 PM #21
A--p--p--l--e
An Orange Apple ???
Originally posted by SLY
Ok thats weird send me the link to the firmware that you have download and i look into it for you

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Try downloading the file using FireFox browser.

.....the one at the top ov this page =]..

ipod 3g 3.1.2
03-28-2010, 06:04 PM #22
.....the one at the top ov this page =]..

ipod 3g 3.1.2

Works fine for me, Tell me what computer you are using and what internet browser you are using?
03-28-2010, 07:01 PM #23
A--p--p--l--e
An Orange Apple ???
Originally posted by SLY
Works fine for me, Tell me what computer you are using and what internet browser you are using?

ok so i fixed that problem.. i just used firefox instead... crappy IE8.

Anyways are u sure this works for Ipod Touch 3g 3.1.2 Mc model ??

Becuase i tryed and after it all, its just as it was at the begging...
03-28-2010, 07:16 PM #24
do you do the 10th prestige hack
03-28-2010, 07:36 PM #25
Originally posted by ddog198 View Post
do you do the 10th prestige hack

Yeah i do but this is the wrong thread to ask in LOL.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

After you have put it into DFU mode does it show on your ipod that its doing something? Explain more clearly

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Right i want you to download this You must login or register to view this content.
It will tell you if your device is unlockable or Tethered with just a simple USB connect. Then let me know what the results are.

Also try Jailbreak with sn0wbreeze You must login or register to view this content.
03-28-2010, 08:19 PM #26
A--p--p--l--e
An Orange Apple ???
Last edited by A--p--p--l--e ; 01-14-2017 at 11:09 AM.
03-28-2010, 08:29 PM #27
will do but wen i do it with red it ses that it will b a tetherd anyways... i will take some screenies

A tethered jailbreak is a jailbreak which leaves the jailbroken phone unable to boot without the help of a computer. Any time such a phone is completely powered off, restarted (for instance after installing certain jailbreak apps) or its battery dies, it must be plugged into a computer and the jailbreaking application must be re-run to get it past the Apple logo boot screen. Such a phone does not lose its jailbreak, and all customizations will be preserved, but the phone will not be able to boot past the Apple logo screen on its own.
03-28-2010, 08:50 PM #28
A--p--p--l--e
An Orange Apple ???
Last edited by A--p--p--l--e ; 01-14-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo