03-21-2009, 09:33 PM #1
laTex
WutDaFish?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well , these days , when you don't got a jailbroken ipod touch or iPhone you're kinda newb , so here are some things about iPod touch and iPhone hacking/jailbreaking where you all should know about !

First off all , everybody should know that jailbreaking your ipod touch 1stgen is a piece off a pie! You just have to download the newest Quickpwn wich is compatible with your IPSW , download the IPSW , make the Jailbroken IPSW , reboot your ipod touch and you're done.

Now this wans't really the fact with the iPod touch 2ndgen cause there was still only a tethered jailbreak available. Recently the dev team and some other guys released the untethered jailbreak for the iPod touch 2ndgen called QuickPwn wich made it the new ones alot easier to jailbreak their iPod touch and also a bit more practical.
I've tottaly restored my iPod touch today and Jailbroke it with the untethered jailbreak tools and I'm really happy I did it! Smile

Now finnaly when you're done jailbreaking they're always talking about Cydia and Installer , now for all the new ones I'll be explaining those a bit further .
First off all , we just scratch Installer (lol) cause it SUCKS , no really believe me it does!
So what about Cydia you'ld be asking yourself...
WELL , this is kind off the ultimate iPod Touch tuning tool , you can have alot off fun with it installing themes , tweaks and so on .
TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL THESE THEMES you'll first need to download Winterboard from Cydia wich allows you to toggle one or another theme on or off.
This requires rebooting your iPod touch after it's downloaded so for all the tethered jailbreakers up here , YOU'LL need a booter for your iPod Touch /iPhone one like this :You must login or register to view this content. , it's called "one click booter" , I don't take any credit for it!

Now when you've installed winterboard you'll probably be downloading thousands off themes and apply/de-apply and so on and so on and you'll notice that some themes just look like shit so that's why I advice all off you guys to first look at the screenshots before downloading those themes!

When you're applying new themes you probably won't have all the icons for your theme wich obviously sucks but I got a solution Smile
There are 2 programs that allow you to get "into your ipod touch or iphone" via your computer . there's one that connects with help from wi-fi and one that connects via the usb-cabel .
For the one with Wi-fi search on google for : WinScp
For the one that connects via the usb-cable search on google for : iPhone Tunnel , this is also compatible with the iPod touch .
This all is called "SSH'ing"

Now connect your iPod touch or iPhone and SSH into your ipod touch or iphone you'll be able to edit alot off stuff from up here , like the icons , you can add icons for themes by going to this directory : /root->var->stash->Themes.xxxx and than select the theme you're using atm and go into the icons folder.
Now call the icon pic like the app you want to use it for and don't forget to save it as a .png file , like : iTunes.png
I'll be editing this post further and further but now I'm a bit tired to still explain all off these things , hope you guys already understood these things and that you're excited to know more things about ipod touch or iphone hacking
-peace for now Smile

The following 9 users say thank you to laTex for this useful post:

Antones, JABZ13, mjkuser, Niiosa, Oneinfamous2, owningU, Rage, WilliamsCE24
03-23-2009, 11:34 PM #2
WilliamsCE24
Little One
thanks that helped a lotSmile
04-04-2009, 04:43 PM #3
laTex
WutDaFish?
No prob bro , I don't actually know why you're the only one that reply's to my thread and all the other people just thank and nominate it lol.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo