07-10-2011, 06:18 PM #1
-Garf-
G-A-R-F GARF2B THATS ME
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Hello again, hopefully you have had a look at my You must login or register to view this content. and you are now an "expert" on how to Jailbreak and how Cydia works!!

This time I am going to go into the methods used to take your phone from Standard and Boring to making it the accessory that you want to show off to all of your friends.

Obviously the first image is the "Out of the Box - BOG STANDARD" Shit! Well we don't want that. We want to achieve something like the other two images.

To do this you will need something called "Winterboard". Open up Cydia (wait for it to load), then hit the "Search" button, type in "Winterboard", then once it has found it go ahead and click on it then click the "install" button in the top right corner.

Once installed you will have to hit the "Restart Springboard" button at the bottom of the screen

So when your phone has restarted, go back on to Cydia. This time I want you to go to "Sections", then I want you to scroll all the way down to "Themes". Remember in the Jailbreaking Tutorial I explained about sources? Well the more Sources you have the more stuff your phone will be able to "Source out" for you.

Click "Themes" then scroll through until something catches your eye. They are in alphabetical order, so lets start with something from the A section.

A 100% Wooden Theme

It should be the first one you see. Click on it, hit "install" then "confirm", it will download and install. Now you will obviously just go through the list and download a few themes but for now just come out of Cydia and go to "Winterboard".

On "Winterboard" click on "Select Themes" then find "A 100% Wooden Theme" in the list and tick it. (If you want to change a theme remember to un-tick the current theme first), once you have selected your theme you will then need to hit the "Winterboard" button in the top left and then hit the "Respring" button, your device will reboot and BAM, you are now pimped upSmile

For "Ringtones" you will need to go "Cydia" - "Sections" - "Ringtones" and just take your pick from the, again, alphabetical list. Selct your choice and hit the install button. They will automatically go straight to your list in "Settings" - "Sounds" - "Ringtones" and you will be able to select them from there.

Now if you want to download movies to watch on your iDevice then I suggest you try something called "Mobile Theatre" you can find this by going "Cydia" - "Search" - then type "Mobile Theatre" install it but don't go on it yet. Now again hit the "Search" button and type "dtunes" I will explain about Dtunes in a later thread but for now you will need it to make Mobile Theatre work, so go ahead and install this aswell.

So you have Mobile Theatre installed. Open it up and you will see the screen above. Click on "Movies" then pick your category. I choose "Now showing in Theatres". After it has loaded scroll down and pick your Movie. Click on it - Wait for the countdown and then hit "Download" there is an option to play but this hardly ever works so you might aswell just download it. (Make sure your Auto Lock settings are set to Never. Settings-General-Auto-Lock-Never)

Once the download is complete hit the "In Theatres" button in the top left, then the "Movies" button then the "Mobile Theatre" button. Once you are back at the main menu, hit the "Downloads" option and select your movie to play. That is it. You are done.

So you know how to get free games, you know how to get free themes, you know how to get free Apps, you know how to get free movies.

In my next thread I will go into the more complex Apps. Seriously there is so much we can do with these devices and I cant wait to tell you about them!!

07-10-2011, 07:17 PM #2
D@ EnVvY!
OMG did you read this?
Mobile Theatre is amazing! I highly recommend it! Grf a tip, write about VLC streamer free, it's an amazing app that lets you streem videos from you computer to your iDevice and lets you play them even if thay are not .mp4
Last edited by D@ EnVvY! ; 07-10-2011 at 07:20 PM.

The following user thanked D@ EnVvY! for this useful post:

-Garf-
07-11-2011, 12:18 PM #3
-Garf-
G-A-R-F GARF2B THATS ME
Originally posted by D
Mobile Theatre is amazing! I highly recommend it! Grf a tip, write about VLC streamer free, it's an amazing app that lets you streem videos from you computer to your iDevice and lets you play them even if thay are not .mp4

ThanksSmile I have had a few suggestions for my next "Back to Basics" tutorial. I will keep this one in mindSmile

The following user thanked -Garf- for this useful post:

D@ EnVvY!
07-11-2011, 12:43 PM #4
D@ EnVvY!
OMG did you read this?
Originally posted by Garf
ThanksSmile I have had a few suggestions for my next "Back to Basics" tutorial. I will keep this one in mindSmile

Great! You're tuts are great, they are well written and easy to follow! Keep it up Smile

The following user thanked D@ EnVvY! for this useful post:

-Garf-

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo