10-15-2015, 01:34 AM #1
JB
[i]Remember, no Russian.[/i]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay so with the jailbreak release today, a lot of people have taken to using the tool to free their devices from Apple's jail. However, a few of us on 9.1 betas have encountered an issue - you cannot currently jailbreak 9.1 beta (it's still unknown to me whether Pangu's tool will be updated to work on it), and you cannot simply take a backup from within 9.1 and have it work on a restored 9.0.2. You're probably asking, "what do? what do?". Fear not children, there is a simple enough fix. It's kinda time consuming and could take anything between 30 mins and 4 hours depending on your internet speed.

First of all, make sure you're on 9.1 beta. If not, fuk outta here, you can jailbreak as is. If you are, go ahead and download the 9.0.2 IPSW file (you can use You must login or register to view this content., it uses Apple's official seeds for them).

Once this downloads, open iTunes and connect your device. When it pops up, hold shift and click update (NOT RESTORE). Browse to the 9.0.2 IPSW and select it. iTunes will now update your phone back to 9.0.2 without removing your data.

Once you're back on 9.0.2, take a backup. Best to upload it to iCloud but keep it on your PC if you must. Once you verify it's backed up, shift-restore in iTunes to the same 9.0.2 IPSW as before. Allow iTunes to reinstall your firmware, and when it's done, set it up using the backup you created.

From here, you can jailbreak 9.0.2 using Pangu, and you haven't lost any data by just restoring. Enzo

The following 2 users say thank you to JB for this useful post:

ROBERT_ROWL_, SysLogs

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo