Post: Mods please close this already. It has become a battleground! <3 thanks babe
07-17-2016, 09:12 AM #1
anthonything
Space Ninja
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So if i may ask, why does everyone say there is an 'injection limit' for GSC size on PS3? Im pretty much 100% certain there is no such thing and that the block of memory we are injecting at just isnt big enough. Anyone have any rebuttals? If you say there is, please provide actual evidence and not 'i tried to inject xyz and it didnt work so there has to be' and more like 'size must be less than uint maxvalue' or something legitimate Not Happy or Sad. Thanks.

Answer explained for those who did not understand initially:
1: The only limit to GSC is the maximum memory partition you can reach before overwriting crucial system information or other files loaded into memory. This means that by finding a bigger memory space, you are able to inject much larger files.
2: The technical limit to GSC is impossible to reach, but is a fun trivia piece of information for those who want it (uint max value: 4294967295 bytes ) because GSC specifies file size in uint as a compilation parameter.
3: 0x51000000 will give you approximately 7.5MB of space for your GSC. (Not 100% sure of size because it was a tool i made that detected it and the tool cant handle non existant mem regions, but, its still a fuckload)
I have personally tested injection to this offset and it works fine. Only bug is that this apparently sticks in memory after ps3 restarts (no idea why, must be something important :P) so you will need to null out the space before injecting, but elsewise, enjoy.
Credit for this 'discovery' if you could call it that, would be nice. Thanks. Admins, you are good to close it.
Last edited by anthonything ; 07-27-2016 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Found huge memory partition

The following user thanked anthonything for this useful post:

BoatyMcBoatFace
07-27-2016, 10:53 AM #119
Saber_JZY
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by BullyWiiPlaza View Post
Skid, there is a 13 minute mod menu function spamming video and you call unstable? Wow, what a poor argument. They are stable as fuck. Only the Multiplayer mod menu can freeze once or twice after hours of gameplay.

Because I can't inject it without GSC Studio just like you skids so same problem and nobody is ahead in that regard you dumbass. Use your BRAIN xD

Proof proof proof,provide the bloody proof you shit talking skid,I can easily edit and make a convincing 15 minute video on YouTube,stop trying to pull of more bullshit,half your shit videos was uploaded before you Brought all this heat on yourself,what was your excuse then? You never had any intentions of releasing your so called " God like work " so stop rekn yourself!
There are awesome coders in this scene who release outstanding work,all you do is shit talk yourself so much you end up believing your own pile of shit!
07-27-2016, 10:55 AM #120
Saber_JZY
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by OfficialCoolJay View Post
I personally believe there is nothing wrong with pointing out flaws in ones work that you believe could be done better, but labeling the entirety of their work to be shit is quite low, as you can probably tell by now a large majority of people who post on this gsc topic in the forum are all new to GSC. GSC is extremely simplified c++ in my eyes which makes it great for beginners. Some of these people really enjoy picking up on how to code and could possible take their interest beyond call of duty modding and possibly into other areas of profession. The appreciation of others is what keeps them going, unlike unsightful remarks from long term coders which make them feel alienated. Maybe i was to quick to jump onto calling you out as i don't know "Bully" beyond what i see from this post so i apologize, i don't like other people getting singled out.

Jay,have you not seen Bully shit talking himself with nothing to back it up? Have you not seen him argue the point of injecting limits before Anthony release Terminus?have you not heard about the scams he was pulling before the public decompiler was released?
If that aint enough to convince you that skid deserves all the hate he gets then there's something wrong with you!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo