Post: [RELEASE]How To Gain ~170 Unique Strings for SetText Use
03-08-2015, 08:46 PM #1
SyGnUs
Give a F*** About Your Lifestyle
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Before -

You must login or register to view this content.

After -

Here is a method I did to free up around 170 more strings for SetText use, this was done by editing the _rank.gsc and not allowing it to precache some strings it uses. That being said somethings relating to Rank may not show up like ranking up or getting kills though I did allow it to show the points per kill. Aside from that ranking up still works same as before just you are not getting a notification of it on screen.

Here is the modified _rank.gsc for your use. Make sure you are injecting this to maps\mp\gametype\_rank.gsc or the desired effects won't take place -

So using this with dxt12's overflow fix will give us more stability for the most part when using text.

Feel free to mess around with it yourself if you would like better results or whatever.

Credits:

Amanda - For thinking of this back in COD4

The following 14 users say thank you to SyGnUs for this useful post:

AutoModder, BossamBemass, codybenti, Dj33dj33, dtx12, Eddie Mac, EternalHabit, Exelo, HiddenHour, Im_YouViolateMe, iRnZ, ksa_7ooo7, Patrick, Vondy Supreme
03-08-2015, 08:51 PM #2
EternalHabit
Former Staff
Originally posted by SyGnUs View Post
Before -

After -

Here is a method I did to free up around 170 more strings for SetText use, this was done by editing the _rank.gsc and not allowing it to precache some strings it uses. That being said somethings relating to Rank may not show up like ranking up or getting kills though I did allow it to show the points per kill. Aside from that ranking up still works same as before just you are not getting a notification of it on screen.

Here is the modified _rank.gsc for your use. Make sure you are injecting this to maps\mp\gametype\_rank.gsc or the desired effects won't take place -

So using this with dxt12's overflow fix will give us more stability for the most part when using text.

Feel free to mess around with it yourself if you would like better results or whatever.

Credits:

Amanda - For thinking of this back in COD4

Good job mann Smile
03-08-2015, 08:58 PM #3
Dj33dj33
Little One
Thank You ! <3 My Next Menu Will be Perfect
Last edited by Dj33dj33 ; 03-08-2015 at 09:47 PM.
03-08-2015, 09:58 PM #4
good job man Smile
03-09-2015, 01:31 AM #5
T H C
Haxor!
There is also a MW2 version of this I use for bo2. Also very nice OP! Smile
03-09-2015, 10:22 AM #6
jwm614
NextGenUpdate Elite
Nice I did this a couple weeks ago
03-10-2015, 08:59 PM #7
Exelo
Banned
Nice shares, It's was the first thing I tought when DTX12 Released his compiler, couldn't get the rank to compile because of some compiling issues with his old versions and stuffs. Smile
03-10-2015, 10:21 PM #8
jwm614
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Exelo View Post
Nice shares, It's was the first thing I tought when DTX12 Released his compiler, couldn't get the rank to compile because of some compiling issues with his old versions and stuffs. Smile

You have to remove some stuff to compile it back to gsc
03-10-2015, 11:50 PM #9
Exelo
Banned
Originally posted by jwm614 View Post

Not forreal ? :seriously:
03-11-2015, 12:12 AM #10
SyGnUs
Give a F*** About Your Lifestyle
Originally posted by jwm614 View Post

To compile the _rank.gsc ? I didn't have to remove anything.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo