02-01-2016, 11:14 PM #1
seanhellen
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi everyone - I thought I would try to make a game mode a while ago and thought about tag. As it turned out, the idea was first mentioned by V3nom/FrostByte, so not as original as I thought. But I decided to try it anyways.

i do have to say I am a very new coder, this is a first attempt so don't expect great things Happy

How to play;

- This is TDM
- Spawn with a knife
- The object of the game is to freeze all players of the opposite team by stabbing them
- When you're frozen, You can look around (right stick is still active) to see what's going on
- Last person on the team gets killed to initiate killcam
- Press Dpad-Left for instructions

I know you can re-select your class whilst the countdown is active at the start of a match, which allowed you to use weapons (although they didn't kill anyone) - so I made a little function to make sure you only get the knife.

Many thanks to the following people for helping me;

Extinct For Video
jwm614
OfficialCoolJay
anthonything
Procyon

Anyone fancies recording this for me, that would be great Smile

It is a simple & small game mode. Will inject in a couple of seconds.

Its probably worth mentioning that playing with bots is a waste of time as they just swipe each other constantly, expecting you to die...which you obviously dont Happy

You must login or register to view this content.

To Do List

Updates

13/02/2016
- Added Killcam - Last person on the team now dies
- Link updated

08/02/2016
- Removed iprintlns to possibly cure PS3 freezing
- Added frozen indicators to indicate who is frozen. Red for enemies, green for friendlies.
- Link updated

Video - Thanks to Extinct;

Last edited by seanhellen ; 03-28-2016 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added video credits

The following 9 users say thank you to seanhellen for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, anthonything, DoozyXGod, HiddenHour, OfficialJesseP, OfficialCoolJay, stanzoheetik, V3non, XenonLegend
02-09-2016, 05:01 AM #20
Bug: Sometimes the tac insert isn't directly on the player it's sometimes a little off.

Sometimes our team has green tac inserts or red (its random)

Suggestion:
red tac = enemy
green tac = friendly
(switch em around?)

Suggestion:
Add in instructions what the color of the tac insert means like red = team mate frozen knife them to unfreeze bla bla

IF POSSIBLE: lets say only 1 enemy is left right if possible make it so if they get knifed they end up dying so we can see the kill cam? (if possible)
Last edited by V3non ; 02-09-2016 at 05:31 AM.
02-09-2016, 06:57 AM #21
I already recorded a video on it lol

The following user thanked FaZe Maham for this useful post:

seanhellen
02-09-2016, 08:20 AM #22
seanhellen
Are you high?
Originally posted by V3non View Post
Bug: Sometimes the tac insert isn't directly on the player it's sometimes a little off.

Sometimes our team has green tac inserts or red (its random)

Suggestion:
red tac = enemy
green tac = friendly
(switch em around?)

Suggestion:
Add in instructions what the color of the tac insert means like red = team mate frozen knife them to unfreeze bla bla

IF POSSIBLE: lets say only 1 enemy is left right if possible make it so if they get knifed they end up dying so we can see the kill cam? (if possible)

Hmm, ill look into it, thanks. Ill have a go wigh a full lobby of bots and see what happens...ive only been testing with a coulle to make sure funcs work haha Happy

***EDIT***
I see what you mean
As it turned out, it was because when people are running and they get knifed, and the slight delay between being knifed and the indicators turning on resulted in a small gap between the player and the indicator - have sorted it :yes:

Originally posted by FaZe
I already recorded a video on it lol

Thanks for that dude...and sorry - didn't think of these extra suggestions Happy
Last edited by seanhellen ; 02-09-2016 at 11:26 AM.

The following user thanked seanhellen for this useful post:

V3non
02-09-2016, 03:13 PM #23
jwm614
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by seanhellen View Post
Hmm, ill look into it, thanks. Ill have a go wigh a full lobby of bots and see what happens...ive only been testing with a coulle to make sure funcs work haha Happy

***EDIT***
I see what you mean
As it turned out, it was because when people are running and they get knifed, and the slight delay between being knifed and the indicators turning on resulted in a small gap between the player and the indicator - have sorted it :yes:

Thanks for that dude...and sorry - didn't think of these extra suggestions Happy

I had the fix perfect just keep it where it was on the func
02-09-2016, 03:14 PM #24
thanks sean!!
02-09-2016, 04:23 PM #25
seanhellen
Are you high?
Originally posted by jwm614 View Post
I had the fix perfect just keep it where it was on the func

That was on the fix...u added the extra 2 optional args at the end of the spawnfx...made em go in front a little bit when stood still, and bang on when running lol Smile

Originally posted by V3non View Post
thanks sean!!

No probs :yes:

The following user thanked seanhellen for this useful post:

V3non
02-09-2016, 08:18 PM #26
DoozyXGod
< ^ > < ^ >
Nice gamemode, I've 1 bugg.
If someone leave the game, it won't end as it has to be when all the enemies are frozen.

NOTE: My English is not the best :P
02-09-2016, 08:26 PM #27
seanhellen
Are you high?
Originally posted by iCheezy View Post
Nice gamemode, I've 1 bugg.
If someone leave the game, it won't end as it has to be when all the enemies are frozen.

NOTE: My English is not the best :P

Dont worry, I guarantee your english is miles better than my attempt at speaking your native language Happy
Do you mean the game wont end if someone leaves the game?
02-09-2016, 08:28 PM #28
DoozyXGod
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by seanhellen View Post
Dont worry, I guarantee your english is miles better than my attempt at speaking your native language Happy
Do you mean the game wont end if someone leaves the game?

Hahaha, yeah I mean that if someone leaves, the game doesn't end when the whole enemy team is frozen.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo