07-07-2013, 06:06 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); [img][URL]https://jakes625.com/images/apps/sabtool.png[/URL][/img]

Long story short... redeye told me about sabs, and then we spent 2 days mapping out the structure with me, redeye, master131, and kokole.

Sabs/Sabl Files:

Sabs files are found in .pkg files in the ps3, and on the hdd in the sound directory of BO2 (PC), (unsure about xbox location). They contain sound files that the game uses. On PC the files are FLAC format and on PS3 they're MP3. Also all data in the file is LITTLE ENDIAN, doesn't matter if PC, PS3, or XBOX. It's little endian. Sabl files have an identical structure, the only difference is that on PC they use headerless WAV data instead of FLAC (PS3 does not use Sabl files).

Features:

• Opens (PS3 & PC) Sabs/Sabl files
  • Saves (PS3 & PC) Sabs/Sabl files
  • Extracts any sound file found (mp3, flac, wav)
  • Injects (replaces) any sound file (mp3, flac, wav supported)
  • Can play, pause, and stop music without extracting them!

You must login or register to view this content.

Downloads (2 Available):

Download (v0.1): You must login or register to view this content.
Download (v0.2): You must login or register to view this content.

Other Downloads:

Some example sab files you can download to try out!
Download: You must login or register to view this content.

Virus scan: You must login or register to view this content.

Trouble Shooting:

• Make sure .dll is in same directory as Sab Tool.exe
  • Download .net framework 4.5 - You must login or register to view this content.
  • Ask Me

Enjoy guys!
Last edited by Jakes625 ; 07-08-2013 at 11:00 PM.

The following 11 users say thank you to Jakes625 for this useful post:

Capo837, ErasedDev, KCxFTW, KrElZo, Mango_Knife, MW2TopTenWORLD, SC58, Sirprizer, Ziad1997
07-07-2013, 06:08 PM #2
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Nice. I'm gonna try this out Winky Winky

I also added a virus scan to your post.
07-07-2013, 06:11 PM #3
Mango_Knife
In my man cave
Originally posted by Jake625 View Post
Hello, a couple days ago Red-EyeX32 introduced me to a new file called "Sabs" that contained sound files for Bo2. They are found in ps3 .pkg files, and are used on ps3, pc, and xbox 360. We had a lot of trouble figuring it out, but it works flawlessly now!

It's easy to use, simply click open and select your .sabs file. Then it'll list all sound files in the sabs file. (as well as display some data with the sound file). Click play to play the select sound file, or press stop to stop the sound playing. To extract the sound file, just right click after selecting a sound file and hit extract. Easy as that!

Big Thanks to master131 for pc mapping and help, and Red-EyeX32 for mapping and help.

I also re-mapped the structs and posted all I know on the cod wiki - You must login or register to view this content.

Enjoy guys!

For what its Helping?
07-07-2013, 08:17 PM #4
Originally posted by Knife View Post
For what its Helping?

It allows us to extract and (soon) inject sounds into the sabs file. Possibly getting custom mp3 sounds on BO2 without modifying the fastfiles or eboots! Smile
07-08-2013, 02:29 AM #5
TheRealChicken
Do a barrel roll!
Hello, a couple days ago Red-EyeX32 introduced me to a new file called "Sabs" that contained sound files for Bo2. They are found in ps3 .pkg files, and are used on ps3, pc, and xbox 360. We had a lot of trouble figuring it out, but it works flawlessly now!

It's easy to use, simply click open and select your .sabs file. Then it'll list all sound files in the sabs file. (as well as display some data with the sound file). Click play to play the select sound file, or press stop to stop the sound playing. To extract the sound file, just right click after selecting a sound file and hit extract. Easy as that!

Big Thanks to master131 for pc mapping and help, and Red-EyeX32 for mapping and help.

I also re-mapped the structs and posted all I know on the cod wiki - You must login or register to view this content.

Enjoy guys!

Does not work. "Sabs Tool has stopped working" error. i'm on Windows 7 x64.
07-08-2013, 02:43 AM #6
Tustin
Balls of Steel
It allows us to extract and (soon) inject sounds into the sabs file. Possibly getting custom mp3 sounds on BO2 without modifying the fastfiles or eboots! Smile

The music for the newest zombie map is inside the sabs file for zm :p Custom easter egg music fer dayz.

The following 3 users say thank you to Tustin for this useful post:

iHaxel, KrElZo
07-08-2013, 03:27 AM #7
KrElZo
Do a barrel roll!
hmm extract the zombies easter egg music and inject it to Mp or gamemode of choice... best motivation to play some Blops2
BTW nice find Jake & RedEye
Last edited by KrElZo ; 07-08-2013 at 03:30 AM.
07-08-2013, 11:07 AM #8
Mango_Knife
In my man cave

O ok
Tanx bro
07-08-2013, 03:34 PM #9
Originally posted by TheRealChicken View Post
Does not work. "Sabs Tool has stopped working" error. i'm on Windows 7 x64.

This was built for x86 so it should work, try downloading .net framework 4.5, I compiled it with that.
07-08-2013, 04:18 PM #10
TheRealChicken
Do a barrel roll!
This was built for x86 so it should work, try downloading .net framework 4.5, I compiled it with that.

thanks that solved the problem. but your tool does not work for the Vengeance DLC

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo