Post: PS3 gets slower every time the game freezes and shut down console
03-21-2020, 09:01 PM #1
Zakira
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've been modding with GSC scripts on Black Ops 2 and testing my mods. Of course during tests and running a GSC script, sometimes my console freezes (freezes at the game loading screen, or after invoking a certain function in GSC). Whenever it freezes, I just turn off my console by pressing the power button and wait for it to turn off. The freezing portion of the testing is obvious, but what I realized more recently is that after each time my console freezes, my console runs "slower". To be more specific, I've been seeing slower and slower frame rate when playing the game (both normally or with mod) and taking longer to open up the XMB menu in game.

I've tried restoring file system and rebuilding database as well as adjusting display and video display settings, but I barely saw any improvement (if I did any).

Of course, other possibility is hardware related issues (build up of dust, heat, or other general hardware wear) and I did try removing dusts and trying to keep it cooler, but this didn't improve the situation either.

My guess is that there is a build up of logs, temporary files, or cache that is created whenever it freezes. In other words, I'm speculating some memory leak occurs every time my console freezes that are not being freed, and is limiting the amount of memory that can be used.

Has anyone encountered something similar to this? Is there a way to check if the problem is related to memory? I'm out of ideas for potential fixes and would appreciate any suggestion.

My PS3 is on Rebug 4.82 DEX
Last edited by Zakira ; 03-21-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo