THREAD: can i play this on ps4 without cod iw disc yet?
  1. 07-30-2017, 11:58 AM
    xLew--
    Former Staff
    xLew--
    Former Staff
    NextGenUpdate
    am i able to play this without the cod iw disc inserted yet, i know about joining community/friends games, but is it possible yet to just click the application and play?

i havent purchased the game standalone off the store either, its the free one i got in the bundle.
  2. 07-30-2017, 12:54 PM
    UGz-
    Maggbot timeout!
    UGz-
    Maggbot timeout!
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by xLew View Post
    am i able to play this without the cod iw disc inserted yet, i know about joining community/friends games, but is it possible yet to just click the application and play?

i havent purchased the game standalone off the store either, its the free one i got in the bundle.

Its will request for you to put the disc in to the console Smile ive tried it many times as ive forgot to put iw in.
  3. 07-30-2017, 12:55 PM
    Kronos
    Former Staff
    Kronos
    Former Staff
    NextGenUpdate

i think the only way u will be able to play without disc is if you purchase the stand alone of psn store. its unfortunate. ik i hate discs too
  4. 08-01-2017, 03:10 PM
    STVBDKD
    Bounty hunter
    STVBDKD
    Bounty hunter
    NextGenUpdate

i haven't purchased the game standalone off the store either, its the free one i got in the bundle.

Yes there is a way to play it without the disk follow these steps they work.

The only way that you can bypass the "Insert Disk" screen is by joining a friend's online session. When you join session, you should see the "Connecting to online services" message behind the "Insert Disk" screen. Just wait a little and after you connect online, you'll get passed the "Insert Disk" screen. FYI, you won't be able to play Single Player using this method because once you leave the Multiplayer menu, it'll ask you to Insert Disk again.
  5. 08-03-2017, 02:55 PM
    xLew--
    Former Staff
    xLew--
    Former Staff
    NextGenUpdate
    thought i saw somewhere it was unlocked from having to have the disc in. never mind cheers though
  6. 08-08-2017, 01:40 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    You can buy a MWR digital copy for $39.99 on the psn store now. No disc!
    You must login or register to view this content.