Post: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare… Sure Does Remind Us Of A Few Other Shooters
08-12-2014, 10:02 AM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Call of Duty has always been a title that served as the template for some other shooters to be built upon. The controls are great, the mechanics are great, but the formula gets stale fast, and it seems like without something to cast some shine on a new title (like Zombies or Extinction), the games get pretty old pretty quick, which is good I suppose since there’s a new game every year.

Well, we’ve seen games switch over to more COD like controls. We saw it with Halo 4, and Gears of War: Judgement, and Titanfall had very similar controls. So with all of the “This game is too much like Call of Duty” cries, is it finally time to give the game a critical look and check out what Sledgehammer has borrowed from other titles?

After today’s Call of Duty Keynote, waves of people on twitter and other social media have been calling the game Copy Cat of Duty, check out the video below to see why.

08-12-2014, 10:20 AM #2
It looks like titanfall
08-13-2014, 03:15 AM #3
xShadow
Pr0n ftw
One thing it reminds me of is Black Ops 2, that's about it, does not look like any other shooter other than the boost jumping.
08-13-2014, 03:20 AM #4
SU44K8
Suffocate
I refuse to get another Call of Duty. I use to think it was a good game but now it's not even Call of Duty, more like a Halo/Killzone.
08-13-2014, 06:04 AM #5
Eddie-Lucas
< ^ > < ^ >
looks like halo, titan fall, battlefield with the twist of destiny features.

its going to be a complete change from all the other call of duty titles since it has so many new features -BUT its still cod shooter and this is the only way they are able to keep up with titan fall and the soon to drop Destiny.

I will NOT be buying this game. and I have already bought Destiny.
08-13-2014, 01:49 PM #6
CTRL
Hurah!
You have to remember that this game has taken 3 years to develop, I think some of the elements we see in the new cod are cod exclusive and not cloned. I think games like titanfalls copied some of cod elements. But some elements in cod do look like halo and borderland. For me the game looks like those hacked lobbies where we had super jump, shooting people in mid air. I wish they had guns similar to unreal tournament (old pc version).

The ultimate cod for me would be:
* Updated cod 4 maps
* guns - primary - blackops
* guns - secondary - mw2
* killstreaks bo2 +mw2
* diving instead of sliding
* zombies
* graphics like bf4
08-18-2014, 01:03 AM #7
xkoeckiiej
At least I can fight
this game is just like warhammer 40k and some other more 'common' titles .
though all game are alike in some point, its all about shooting eachother so in that perspective its all alike.

Originally posted by another user
The ultimate cod for me would be:
* Updated cod 4 maps
* guns - primary - blackops
* guns - secondary - mw2
* killstreaks bo2 +mw2
* diving instead of sliding
* zombies
* graphics like bf4

thats quite the perfect game indeed except the intervention has to be in there as well :3

haven't bought any cod after bo1 (did download bo2 n ghosts but deleted pretty quickly after) and wont buy any cod soon ^^ , unless they make a remake like stated above

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo