Post: How to set up an RSS feed to download automatically
10-23-2014, 07:39 PM #1
Tustin
Balls of Steel
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); With the intimate release of a leak for Advanced Warfare, I figured I would show you all how to easily and automatically download the torrent once it leaks. In this tutorial, I am using IPTorrents and qBittorrent. Your torrenting software will probably differ, but I'm sure all popular clients have some form of RSS reader.

Requirements:
- A method of obtaining an RSS feed for your favorite tracking site (IPT has a built in one, but sites like TPB you might need to search around Google)
- Torrent client with RSS reader support (and automatic downloading). I am using qBittorrent for this.

Now let's begin! (Again, I will be doing this tutorial with IPT and qBittorrent)

1. Select the big RSS button at the top of the site. You must login or register to view this content.
  2. Enter the size of the torrents you want, and select the "Games/PS3" checkbox. (For the size, you can choose whatever you'd like. The disc version will probably be 20gb max, so I did 10-25 gb.)
  3. Select the download link radio button and click the "Get RSS Link" button.
  4. After doing so, copy the url of your feed and head to your torrent client.
  5. In your torrent client, find how to add a new RSS feed. If you're using qBittorrent like me, simply go to View > RSS reader and a new tab for the RSS feed will show up. Then in that tab, click "New Subscription". You must login or register to view this content.
  6. Input the URL you just copied and it should add that feed.
  7. Now that you've done that, you need to set up the automatic download so it only downloads AW and not every game posted. In qBittorrent, click the "RSS Downloader..." button. You must login or register to view this content.
  8. Now you need to add a new rule. Click the + button at the top left to add a new one and just call it "AW". You must login or register to view this content.
  9. For the rules, the only thing you need is some string that will specify whether the game is AW or not. I would just do "Advanced Warfare". Make sure you apply this rule to your RSS feed! You must login or register to view this content.
  10. After that, click close and you're set. You can edit the settings and change how often it refreshes the feed. The default is 5 minutes which should be good enough.

If you have any questions, feel free to quote me!

~ Tustin

The following 16 users say thank you to Tustin for this useful post:

-Loki-, Franky, Mauzey, Norway-_-1999, John, Pat Stay, RatchetBooty, RTE, Dacoco, ShutTheCrunchUp, witchery, xIce KiLLaH, xSlinkeyy
10-23-2014, 07:43 PM #2
PureGoldMod
Do a barrel roll!
When do u think the game will leak?
10-23-2014, 09:53 PM #3
Andre
Bounty hunter
can you help with ru torrent You must login or register to view this content.
10-23-2014, 09:55 PM #4
Andre
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
With the intimate release of a leak for Advanced Warfare, I figured I would show you all how to easily and automatically download the torrent once it leaks. In this tutorial, I am using IPTorrents and qBittorrent. Your torrenting software will probably differ, but I'm sure all popular clients have some form of RSS reader.

Requirements:
- A method of obtaining an RSS feed for your favorite tracking site (IPT has a built in one, but sites like TPB you might need to search around Google)
- Torrent client with RSS reader support (and automatic downloading). I am using qBittorrent for this.

Now let's begin! (Again, I will be doing this tutorial with IPT and qBittorrent)

1. Select the big RSS button at the top of the site. You must login or register to view this content.
  2. Enter the size of the torrents you want, and select the "Games/PS3" checkbox. (For the size, you can choose whatever you'd like. The disc version will probably be 20gb max, so I did 10-25 gb.)
  5. In your torrent client, find how to add a new RSS feed. If you're using qBittorrent like me, simply go to View > RSS reader and a new tab for the RSS feed will show up. Then in that tab, click "New Subscription". You must login or register to view this content.
  7. Now that you've done that, you need to set up the automatic download so it only downloads AW and not every game posted. In qBittorrent, click the "RSS Downloader..." button. You must login or register to view this content.
  8. Now you need to add a new rule. Click the + button at the top left to add a new one and just call it "AW". You must login or register to view this content.
  9. For the rules, the only thing you need is some string that will specify whether the game is AW or not. I would just do "Advanced Warfare". Make sure you apply this rule to your RSS feed! You must login or register to view this content.
  10. After that, click close and you're set. You can edit the settings and change how often it refreshes the feed. The default is 5 minutes which should be good enough.

~ Tustin

please
10-23-2014, 11:35 PM #5
ShutTheCrunchUp
Climbing up the ladder
Sweet post bruh Tiphat
10-25-2014, 07:58 PM #6
Dacoco
I void warranties.
With the intimate release of a leak for Advanced Warfare, I figured I would show you all how to easily and automatically download the torrent once it leaks. In this tutorial, I am using IPTorrents and qBittorrent. Your torrenting software will probably differ, but I'm sure all popular clients have some form of RSS reader.

Requirements:

~ Tustin

Nice thread :p but how will i know when it starts to download? Will it notify me?
10-25-2014, 08:55 PM #7
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Originally posted by Dakota. View Post
Nice thread :p but how will i know when it starts to download? Will it notify me?

I don't think so. But it does let you know when it finishes of course. You can just always check it periodically if it doesn't notify you.

The following user thanked Tustin for this useful post:

Dacoco
10-27-2014, 08:27 AM #8
Default Avatar
Dylan

Requirements:

~ Tustin

This was killing my internet so I had to stop it tears

But learned how to autodl stuff, thanks Winky Winky
10-27-2014, 08:38 PM #9
Zack.
Climbing up the ladder

Requirements:

~ Tustin

Totally forgot about this! Thanks for reminding me

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo