12-25-2014, 10:02 AM #1
xEazy-A
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I notice AW has become almost unplayable for me. I am a fairly decent player who has never struggled getting a 2.0 kd in previous call of duties. Every game feels like a ranked game now. Just people like me who are experienced and good at the game, every single game. Im struggling to hold a 1.4 kd. Now im not saying I dont like a challenge. But not every single game against bal-27 tryhards. Especially when I play solo. Because the people I come up against team up in a clan and I always end up joining the team of randoms and we lose by a great difference.
The only reason they put this in is so that new players wont get discouraged playing the game, but why would they. We all started out new. I remember my first weeks on cod 4. I would get destroyed, but I took pleasure in even getting a single kill and I got a better player through learning and getting more experienced. I did not even have things like the combat readiness program. Why even put this in if all the new players only play each other. I played the game a lot and got better at it so I would be better than the average player and get more kills. Its what you deserve if you devote your time to something. This is how online gaming works. Matchmaking should be entirely based on connection. And the rest of the matchmaking random.

Well anyway rant over merry xmas everyone! Unluckily without the annual wrecking of the xmas noobs, because theyll only be playing each other.

The following user thanked xEazy-A for this useful post:

Bichote
01-03-2015, 12:43 AM #2
Reyz
Banned
ive noticed the same
01-06-2015, 11:51 AM #3
Gay For Satan
DevouringHeavens
If you want to play against total shit player, just kill yourself a ton of times, my friend is at 100k+ and he gets put into lobbies with kids that seem like they use their nutsack to pull the bumpers on the controller. Now, If your worried about K/D, no one else can see your KD unless your in a clan, so you can lie to people who ask lol.This works for him, as he hosts a party and we all join games against total artards.

The following 2 users say thank you to Gay For Satan for this useful post:

Bichote, Maty360414
01-06-2015, 09:36 PM #4
Now let me ask you how could the matchmaking be "SKILL" based??? Please someone explain because unless every person in a lobby is alone that would be impossible. Let me explain if you have any parties of at least two, then unless everyone has the same k/d and w/l it's not possible. If I have a BAD kd and wl let's say .4 and .2 from always playing search and my friend is a campin high kd Dom or tdm player at say 2+ and 1+. How can either one be matched. Do we get put in a lobby in the middle. I call bullsh*t. I'm on Long Island ny and I'm always partied up with people from California and overseas. How can you match skill and those distances. At those distance it just doesn't work because the skill is impeded by connections. Connection in this game is crap. Servers are dated. What happened to dedicated. Please keep feeding me sh*t and tell me it's pudding. Just a thought use some of the BILLIONS we pay you and fix connection, matchmaking, hit detection, lag comp, and game changing things like latency. Oh that's right when you take skill out of the game and allow everyone to compete based on the fact you have to let bad players get free kills so they keep spending on a product that true gamers and life long cod fans lose interest in kiddie games. Not play obj. People killing themselves to be in noob lobbies. SERIOUSLY PLS. Cod is dying except to those under 17 who the game is not supposed to be designed for. Hey let's take cod and give you exo abilities and start advanced warfare, we can change the industry, great idea lets do it!!!!...............oh wait isn't that just a less superior halo!? END RANT
Last edited by oppie0. ; 01-06-2015 at 09:53 PM.

The following user thanked oppie0. for this useful post:

Bichote
01-07-2015, 02:13 AM #5
Originally posted by oppie0. View Post
Now let me ask you how could the matchmaking be "SKILL" based??? Please someone explain because unless every person in a lobby is alone that would be impossible. Let me explain if you have any parties of at least two, then unless everyone has the same k/d and w/l it's not possible. If I have a BAD kd and wl let's say .4 and .2 from always playing search and my friend is a campin high kd Dom or tdm player at say 2+ and 1+. How can either one be matched. Do we get put in a lobby in the middle. I call bullsh*t. I'm on Long Island ny and I'm always partied up with people from California and overseas. How can you match skill and those distances. At those distance it just doesn't work because the skill is impeded by connections. Connection in this game is crap. Servers are dated. What happened to dedicated. Please keep feeding me sh*t and tell me it's pudding. Just a thought use some of the BILLIONS we pay you and fix connection, matchmaking, hit detection, lag comp, and game changing things like latency. Oh that's right when you take skill out of the game and allow everyone to compete based on the fact you have to let bad players get free kills so they keep spending on a product that true gamers and life long cod fans lose interest in kiddie games. Not play obj. People killing themselves to be in noob lobbies. SERIOUSLY PLS. Cod is dying except to those under 17 who the game is not supposed to be designed for. Hey let's take cod and give you exo abilities and start advanced warfare, we can change the industry, great idea lets do it!!!!...............oh wait isn't that just a less superior halo!? END RANT

I'll explain it, in order to do skill based matchmaking for parties (which I think is what you're asking about) you could do many things one of them would be to take the average skill of the party before it searches for a lobby(option 1) or you could use only the party leader to determine skill(option 2). So what is "skill" well if you look at the stats they pull off of your player it could be a lot of things although its probably KD/score per minute/and win loss, these numbers are then combined and attached to your character. So now lets look at what happens when you click on a game type. We'll assume option 1 is used; so your parties skill numbers are then averaged together and you all search for a host within a skill range. Seeing as COD has a large network of players it is very feasible to match people together based on both connection and skill. So lets say your party has average skill 5, you would collect a list of potential games and check the lobbies skill level to see if its in a range (we'll say 3-7) if it is you get put in, if not you don't. If no matches are found you are now hosting a lobby with skill level of 5. Keep in mind this is a simplified version, game type is probably also considered (which is why if you play tdm all the time and go play snd you'll get put in a lobby of shitty players or at least that happens to me). As for the servers that you speak of, keep in mind that their servers don't really affect YOUR connection and lag, at least in game. Wanna test this? join a game and then stress test your internet, you'll lag like crazy and so will everyone in the lobby if you are host. Don't get me wrong, I strongly dislike the skill-based matchmaking (10/10 of my deaths are from bal or asm) and I think it takes away my fun of trapping noobs in a corner but the decision has already been made and probably isn't changing. Everyone hates on the game for "just updating" it, but in all honesty NO ONE remakes a game from scratch anymore. Its just not really ideal and would take too long (as a software dev myself i'm speaking from experience). You don't ask Microsoft/Apple to remake their file-system or make a whole new file-system for that matter. But yeah that's the end of my rant Smile
01-09-2015, 09:47 PM #6
to be honest it almost feels like skill based lag compensation, ill get throw in lobbys that 2 bar with kids with no thumbs and still wreck there face, but the lag is noticeable
01-09-2015, 09:55 PM #7
I just don't want to lag. I'm tired of being shot by someone 2 times and dying, while my gun shoots marshmallows. SBMM wouldn't bother me if the connection was decent. There always seems to be some demigod on the other team.
01-11-2015, 02:05 PM #8
I've attested it to the fact that even those battles we all KNOW WE WON but actually lost to the fact that the devs have to allow less superior players to sometimes win. Unrightfully so however, if the above average players and top players always dominated the lower and bottom players they would eventually stop playing because they would get destroyed and ultimately it would be unplayable for them. So, in my opinion the game allows through lag comp and some other form of dev created "matchmaking" to keep it somewhat even for everyone one way or another. Dev goals are to keep the money coming in. In order to do that they must keeps the masses playing. My theory is that's why I can play three games in a lobby go 2-3kd playing the map on the move. The. Three more games below 1kd not able to leave the spawn. I kill a guy. He spawns behind me by the time I take two steps in dead and vice versa. Maybe this "Matchmaking" is more a mesh of skilled players based on some formula of kd wl score per or something combined with poor spawn rotations and lag comp/ server distances. Idk but there's no way it's skill based. And even if it was there's ppl like the op above who kill themselves to circumvent the system to look like a BAD player and there's others who boost and camp just for stats but actually have no real gun game or skill to rectify them. It's broken. Idk that it can be fixed. Sorry for the long reply.

The following user thanked oppie0. for this useful post:

xstokeygunnerrx

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo