02-10-2015, 10:28 AM #1
RADDY1993
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
ONLY WORKS FOR PEOPLE WITH GOOD INTERNET

Im sure people know about this tip but if you dont please try and your games will be 10x better im sure. First thing is to check if you have QOS or some way to throttle your bandwidth in your router. If you do then read on, i searched the internet trying to find ways to improve connection and lag on Advanced Warfare and came across a video explaining why bandwidth throttling helped with lag compensation in not just Advanced Warfare but most Call of Duty games. If you want to watch that video you can You must login or register to view this content., if you dont want to watch it then you need to put everything on automatic in your PS4 and have no DMZ in your router settings. Now you want to reserve an ip for your PS4 in your router then go to QOS and set Upload to 380kbps and Download to 1024. You should now see a great difference in your gameplay. I have been using these settings and i have no more shooting round corner shit and people not dying. If you have any trouble setting this up leave a comment and i will try to help you.

The following user thanked RADDY1993 for this useful post:

geeohhgeesus
02-11-2015, 02:52 PM #2
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Recently upgraded my router which has a couple dozen Quality of Service options. Won't beat lag but helps to make sure traffic does not get delayed in being sent out and sorted. Average amount of data being used by call of duty is tiny.

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

RADDY1993
02-11-2015, 05:54 PM #3
RADDY1993
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Recently upgraded my router which has a couple dozen Quality of Service options. Won't beat lag but helps to make sure traffic does not get delayed in being sent out and sorted. Average amount of data being used by call of duty is tiny.

Have you tried to throttle yet though, it helps a lot.
02-11-2015, 06:57 PM #4
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by RADDY1993 View Post
Have you tried to throttle yet though, it helps a lot.

Tested it on call of duty ghosts as I don't have AW.
And massive placebo :p
Did notice that helped when I was using Youtube and playing.

Amount of data used was something like 50Kb/s but would average out at around 25Kb/s.
02-19-2015, 08:48 PM #5
Thanks, nice thread

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo